Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN SptsCtr: Jason Taylor Will Start -vs- Rams (MET)

skinzdar55

Hmm... I think I'd prefer him to sit this one out. It's not like the Skins are in dire need of him agains the Rams.

Hopefully he is close enough to 100% to where he can use this game to get his football legs back under him.

Even if an All-pro misses a couple of games due to an injury, i assume that he needs a game or so to "knock the rust off"

That is a good point. We have done great without him but.....

Welcome back JT!! :notworthy

I realize the compartment syndrome stopped JT's starting streak; what I am concerned with~ compartment syndrome isn't a "splinter", its a life threatening/limb threatening condition.

I hope the trainers are making a correct decision:(

JT has proved his value on the team~ I want him healthy;)

You've got to understand - if he's playing that means it was approved by the doctors.. And they wouldn't risk their ass saying he could go on the field if he wasn't physically able - because they'd be liable if he were to get hurt..

Physically I'm sure he's alright.

Hmm... I think I'd prefer him to sit this one out. It's not like the Skins are in dire need of him agains the Rams.

Are you kidding?

Just his name alone will warrant him double teams, freeing up someone else.

As long as he feels good and is ready to go, I'm ready to see him back.

I realize the compartment syndrome stopped JT's starting streak; what I am concerned with~ compartment syndrome isn't a "splinter"' date=' its a life threatening/limb threatening condition.

I hope the trainers are making a correct decision:(

JT has proved his value on the team~ I want him healthy;)[/quote']

I believe the risk to life and limb is early if it's not diagnosed. Once it's discovered and treated I believe the real danger is over. At this point he is just risking ripping his stitches.

Jason Taylor still has his stitches in, and will play but probably be used sparingly as part of the rotation with some sort of protection gear.

Shawn Springs and Jason Taylor are IN for the Rams game.

Marcus Washington is questionable.

Stephon Heyer and Reed Doughty are OUT.

if he can go out there and it's not risking any further injury, he NEEDS to play ASAP, in my opinion. i've read alot of people say he should rest until the steelers game, but there's no way he misses that many games and comes back ready to contribute like alot of people want him to. let him get in there this week and the next couple of games so he can get his football legs back.

I wonder if they just might throw him in for a few series let him get some game action and pull him out. I want him to 100% going down the stretch to push for the playoffs. His knee should be fully healed now. I look forward to seeing him out there with the players so he can start bonding more and more with them.

Just think a 100% healthy JT comes in and plays his ass off and he starts bonding more and more with the team. That will make our defense very scary. I still think JT is adjusting to a new team and players but the more he gets on the field the better our pass rush is going to get. He also brings alot of fire to the game just like Fletcher. I am smiling right now just thinking about this!!! HTTR

if he can go out there and it's not risking any further injury, he NEEDS to play ASAP, in my opinion. i've read alot of people say he should rest until the steelers game, but there's no way he misses that many games and comes back ready to contribute like alot of people want him to. let him get in there this week and the next couple of games so he can get his football legs back.

True, but I don't think his football legs have become all that rubbery yet. :)

He has only missed two games. It is not like he has been out two or three months.

To the people that are trying to play Coach and say he needs to sit again: :stfu:

Have you not heard his comments? He feels left out, he wants to contribute. He is more hungry than ever.

Stop acting like you have more knowledge than our professional staff.

Question.... is Cornelius Griffin playing?

I read earlier this week that he was "out"..... but I don't know if that meant from practice or the upcoming game this Sunday. I know he banged up (sprained?) his shoulder against the Eagles last week.

All things being equal... I'd rather have Griffin in the lineup than Taylor.

I read earlier this week that he was "out"..... but I don't know if that meant from practice or the upcoming game this Sunday. I know he banged up (sprained?) his shoulder against the Eagles last week.

I'm not sure about Griffin. Blache said that he was ailing and that Montgomery would get more snaps in practice. But everyone is practicing today with the lone exception of Reed Doughty. I'm assuming that means Griffin and Malcolm Kelly is on the practice field as well.

Then again, ESPN 980 said that Heyer is out as well even though he may be on the practice field now, so who knows.

I read that CG, RD, and MW were all out but :whoknows:

I agree. On Redskins Nation they said his cut was oozing when he ran the other day. Just let it heal and come back next week if you ask me.

Archived