Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest Redskins Concerns????

Thinking Skins

I'm just curious about what people's biggest concerns are for the Redskins 5 games into the season. I'll list a few of mine:

(1) Will there be any disruptive player v player position battles?

The ones we've seen are Doughty vs Horton and Jansen vs Heyer. But I wonder if we should have:

- H.B. Blades vs Marcus Washington

- Taylor vs Rotation at DE.

I also wonder how ARE will take it if one of the rookies comes along and takes his #2 spot, or if we start seeing Fred Davis more instead of Sellers.

(2) Will Zorn always be this gutsy?

I ask that because I'm watching the Saints game and seeing Sean Payton kinda scares me. I hope he's not the kind of coach Zorn turns into - coach of the year his first year, then just making bad decisions over and over again. I mean going for it on 4th and 2 is gutsy if we make it, but if its the reason we lose the game, then its not as clever. I'm not talking about Philly as much as I'm talking about how the Saints fans just Boo-ed Payton.

(3) How will we handle being down big?

We got a taste of this against Philly, but that was in the 1st quarter against an offense we could stop. What about an offense that just continues to drive up and down the field on us? Will we match them score for score? Will we be getting FGs while they're getting TDs? or will we rise to the occasion?

(4) How will we handle a losing streak?

Similar to the last one, right now it seems like everybody BELIEVES that we're a good team. But look at Philly right now. They've lost 2 in a row against teams that they think they're better than and listen to McNabb's comments. If we fall into a similar losing streak, how will our players respond? Particularly Campbell, who didn't take losing to the Cowboys last year too well.

(5) Will we ever put 30 points in the board?

(6) Will we ever be in a game that doesn't come down to the final few minutes?

(7) Will our rookies ever have anything more than a minor contribution to the games?

(8) How long will our main-stays stay injury free?

(9) How will our running game do with Heyer back in there?

(10) How will our passing game do with Jansen in there?

(11) Will winning become a distraction on this team?

---

Those are the concerns I have right now.

My #1 concern right now is our lack of a truly scary pass rush. Granted, we just played two of the hardest quarterbacks to sack, but I want to see more pressure.

I agree- that is really my only concern as well.

I'm a bit scared about our depth at LB- but that's not an immediate concern

My #1 concern right now is our lack of a truly scary pass rush. Granted, we just played two of the hardest quarterbacks to sack, but I want to see more pressure.

I kinda wonder if we want to live by the rush and die by the rush. I think that playing for a pass rush is why teams like NY got to run the ball so easily on us. Maybe the only real times we really NEED a rush is when we know they're not going to run it - like the Dallas game.

But this is part of that Taylor vs rotation concern I have.

Punting is a big concern.

So is the number of mistakes Horton is apparently making, which has translated directly into points the last couple of weeks.

And the health of Shawn Springs. Should we just let him sit/rest until Dallas? I'm half-kidding, but seriously if he's going to up be and down this year we need him to be up for Dallas and New York. We can get by without him for just about every other game, but not those two.

How about giving up 2 punt returns in 5 games. Good grief

Yeah, that's a concern for me. The block in the back was inconsequential because it was behind the play. Would have been good to get the call, but it didn't effect the return. They need to get better at Punting and Covering Punts.

The main thing I'd like to see is for them to turn more of those FG's into TD's. Suisham's great and all, but I'd like to see less of him! :)

Yes. Agree. Have to do better in the Red Zone, but that's ALWAYS the last thing to come for an offense. Eventually, Thomas and Kelly should be able to help out with that.

My #1 is that the team still does dumb ass things at times and shoots themselves in the foot. Examples:

- The 2 Rabach penalties on the same drive to take away touchdowns in Dallas.

- Dropped passes on third down (ARE, I mean YOU.)

- not tagging a receiver when he's down. (Horton, I'm developing a man crush, but that one was on you.)

- offensive pass interference (Rookies are like strippers, they'll break your heart every time.)

- Brooks: calling for the ball and "icing" our own kicker, bad holds, bad punts, etc.

Just silly stuff that can kill you. They have to clean up the small stuff, and these games will be a lot easier. They can go from nail biters to blow outs real quick.

This. I really feel this is the only MAIN concern on this team right now. Sure other things could always be better but this is the one that is on the top of the list IMO.

My #1 is that the team still does dumb ass things at times and shoots themselves in the foot. Examples:

- Dropped passes on third down (ARE, I mean YOU.)

- not tagging a receiver when he's down. (Horton, I'm developing a man crush, but that one was on you.)

- offensive pass interference (Rookies are like strippers, they'll break your heart every time.)

- Brooks: calling for the ball and "icing" our own kicker, bad holds, bad punts, etc.

Just silly stuff that can kill you. They have to clean up the small stuff, and these games will be a lot easier. They can go from nail biters to blow outs real quick.

Yeah, I agree with you here - although I have to admit I hadn't thought it was as big of a problem as you stated here. I think the key thing has been we've been able to recover from them, but yeah, they're there. Also:

- Doughty giving up the deep ball to Fitzgerald

- Horton not getting his assignment against Witten (making Washington look slow)

- In-opportune penalities setting up our opposition (Carlos Rogers out of bounds hit)

Well, the lack of a pass rush has already been mentioned.

But I'm also concerned about the lack of depth of the lines.

Also...

Rabach's in his own little world. He's an average center who seems to make below average decisions. The Chargers game in 2005... The early snap last week... The TD erasing penalties in Dallas...

My big concern used to be injury... but Skins have amazing depth now ... even if Campbell goes down ... Z brings in Colt and the team keeps winning .... why? Because Zorn has installed a winning "system"... that does not depend on individual stars.

Kinda like the Fun...oops..Run n' Gun?

I love how you still detract from JC. Whatever, haters keep on hating.

(for the record, if JC went down, Collins would come in, if Colt had to play this year, I don't think he'd fair well. If he had to come in next year and beyond, I'd agree with you. We're winning because of no int's...Colt, as a gunslinger - which you've called him before, wouldn't be as errorless)

Concerns:

Depth scares me right now to no end, especially at OT.

Will Jason Taylor's leg and knee heal in time for the at home divisional games?

Will Defensive Coordinators start finding patterns and tendencies to use against the offense?

Will Blache rely too heavily on cover 2? Will he learn not to play prevent defense when the game is on the line?

Concerns:

Depth scares me right now to no end, especially at OT.

Will Jason Taylor's leg and knee heal in time for the at home divisional games?

Will Defensive Coordinators start finding patterns and tendencies to use against the offense?

Will Blache rely too heavily on cover 2? Will he learn not to play prevent defense when the game is on the line?

taylor may play next week.

not this year, not enough tape on zorn and his offense.

blache has tried the cover 2 and when it aint working he switches to man and sticks with it because it does work.

prevent defense is fine, we won the game so the defense worked. stats are garbage

taylor may play next week.

not this year, not enough tape on zorn and his offense.

blache has tried the cover 2 and when it aint working he switches to man and sticks with it because it does work.

prevent defense is fine, we won the game so the defense worked. stats are garbage

You don't need a years worth of film to deduce trends, especially with the number of offensive plays we are running per game.

Blache's cover 2 tenancies scare me. Never been a fan of the scheme.

Prevent is garbage. We almost let Arizona win and I think Blache learned a lesson there and hasn't gone back to it since.

Archived