Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.Com Video:Anatomy of a Play: Skins trick Romo into INT

terpfan

Guest isjoining
really cool stuff. Was Marcus Washington not in on that play?

doesn't look like it. There were 3 safeties in that play, thats probably why.

This is the diff between Blatche and GW. GW believed in his defense dictating what the offense does and Blatche plays games with what the offense wants to do. Blatche doesn't really have a scheme, but a game plan, which to me is how defenses stop offenses. A defense that plays the way it always plays is how it gets picked apart just like it did in every 4th quarter in the 4 years GW was here.

At least thats my opinion. But I am only a fan and not a coach.

Romo sits to pee was gracious enough to give the skins props. Excellent call by the defense. I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever seen another team do that, but then again it probably happens all the time. I like how we get to see all the mind games that go into play calling and we get a good idea what the QB has to think about each play.

The thing I liked about that is that it wasn't a bad play by Romo sits to pee, he did the right thing. It is not like one of his typical flustered throw it up and hope deals. He reads the safety in the box, TO covered tight and made the right read, a pass to the opposite side. When you watch that you can see Horton immediately going, even before Romo sits to pee gets through his reads, it was so totally planned out. That is one of the rare cases where you get to see the intricacies of defensive planning play out .

Archived