Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Horton Named NFL Defensive Rookie of Month

skinsfan07

I think Vincent Cerrato also gets quite a bit of the credit on this pick as well. For as much crap as he gets on this board, lets not forget this was his draft.

On his radio show last week Vinny mentioned that the Ex-redskin coach at UCLA did keep in touch with him and gave him the heads up on Horton. He spoke so highly of him and Vinny kept him on his radar. Vinny said he knew he(Horton) was gonna be a late round pick and knew he had the potential to be better than his round suggested.

He nailed it with that pick! Thanks to Coach Walker

But when he saw Romo sits to pee's "eyes get real big," Horton went racing toward the sideline. Romo sits to pee never saw him enter the picture, and Horton had his third interception of the season.

Wow, this kid has some amazing instincts. That's something you can't teach or coach. Man, did we get lucky with that draft pick.

Horton is a ballhawk, and is going to be a very good player in this league. It's so refreshing to get the type of play we have from on on two sides. One, Horton is a catalyst for getting turnovers, something that Gregg Williams' defenses had a hard time coming across. Now, our defense is creating those turnovers, and Horton is leading the charge with three picks and a fumble recovery.

Second, Horton was a seventh round pick, and it'll help start defuse the criticism that the Redskins aren't looking at the draft and ignoring it by trading picks. It's not going to silence all the critics, but it's a good start.

I think Vincent Cerrato also gets quite a bit of the credit on this pick as well. For as much crap as he gets on this board, lets not forget this was his draft.

I agree with you there, but I've never really been a VC hater. I thought that the majority of what he's done was at the behest of his head coach and not his own wishes.

about time too! When's the last time we had a late round pick that had THIS big an impact? I can't think of one!

Maybe not immediately, but we've had some really solid late round picks. From Rock to Golston and Montgomery to Blades, we've had some very solid late round picks.

Now, have they made the immediate outright impact that Horton has, probably not, but to discount those other picks would be to discount the success we do have when we actually utilize our picks.

Archived