Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Buck: bigger Boy's supporter than Aikman

artmonkforHOF

Did anyone else catch that during the game? Joe Buck took every chance to make the boys look better than they where and the Skins look worse.

I think Aikman was the more impartial of the 2, and he freakin played in Dallas. I think Aikman is a good colour guy, and anytime Buck would go off and use some positive adjactives to describe the boys, even when they where palying like crap, Aikman would correct him with something along the lines of "well that might be true most fo the time but not now, are you even watching this game joe?" (ok I added the last line in myself)

And the same when Joe was descrbing the Skins, he was shocked they could do anything right and tried to talk them down and the Aikman would jump in "well it might not be pretty but it's working".

For all the former Cowboys in the broadcast booth today, I think Aikman is the one who is the least biased towards the Boys and readily admits to love watching Portis play. I couldn't stand him as a player but he gets props from me in the booth.

As for Joe Buck, don't do a national broadcast if you are so obviously favouring the home team. In fact he is a pretty crappy announcer who has a great broadcast voice, and only got his shot from his Dad. Joe Buck you should be ashamed of yourself, or at least start the broadcast by telling everyone you are a die hard Cowboys fan so we know where you stand.

Aikman was completely objective. Everyone here just seems to prick their media-trained ears when anyone says anything about the redskins just waiting for the tiniest little bit of criticism to jump on it.

Buck OTOH is the worst, most biased commentator i have ever heard besides local broadcasts. He was taking every chacne he could to praise cowboys and dis the skins. Aikman even had to put him in his place regarding TOs BS 'Work-for-the-Team' attitude, lol.

Joe Buck can't hold a candle to the national announcers who preceded him...he has an arrogance about him that makes you not like him. The great announcers called the game, good and bad, but certainly did not play favorites or have an arrogance to them. Curt Gowdy, Pat Summerall, Dick Enberg, Al Michaels, et al. all remained objective and professional. To me, Buck is arrogant and I think it's because he feels like he's great because he does both football and baseball nationally.

I disagree with you. I find Joe Buck to be the best of the newer play by play guys around. I think he puts Tirico to shame. For the most part I think he is objective. Does he slant to the team more favored from time to time? Maybe. But I have seen him call a lot or Reskin games over the years and I think he does a good job.

I wish Aikman did every Skins game. The guy just calls it like he sees it w/o a shred of partisanship. His games should be training films for other analysts.

Buck, OTOH, was obviously pumping up the media ticket in the Cowboys. It was pretty bad. I don't even necessarily think it's him being a homer, just that he only does a superficial pre-game prep. Again, it goes back to expectations - he expected the Cowboys to be the better team, so his play-by-play reflected that expectation.

Buck seriously looks like a transvestite.

Even though Aikman is the poster child for Dallas, I agree that he's one of the best play by play guys on tv. He fits into the Madden/Michaels school of commentating - i.e. actually talking about the football game and not some off-topic BS like the MNF crew do.

I noticed whenever the skins had a three or four yard gain...Buck would always put "only" in front of it. Something like "Portis carries left side for a gain of only three". But if Cowboys had a short gain, he didn't say only.

That was slightly annoying. I remember one play where Portis almost got caught for a loss of a couple yards and fought his way back for a gain of "only" four yards.

I wish Aikman did every Skins game. The guy just calls it like he sees it w/o a shred of partisanship. His games should be training films for other analysts.

Buck, OTOH, was obviously pumping up the media ticket in the Cowboys. It was pretty bad. I don't even necessarily think it's him being a homer, just that he only does a superficial pre-game prep. Again, it goes back to expectations - he expected the Cowboys to be the better team, so his play-by-play reflected that expectation.

I think this is dead on...

I disagree with you. I find Joe Buck to be the best of the newer play by play guys around. I think he puts Tirico to shame. For the most part I think he is objective. Does he slant to the team more favored from time to time? Maybe. But I have seen him call a lot or Reskin games over the years and I think he does a good job.

:bsflag:

Archived