Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 3

PokerPacker

well there's Miguel's murder that needs closure, the skinner, and Ramone. Seems manageable.

And Ellen Wolfe. And Freebo :)

I think there's a lot out there.... so I don't think this season is going to end like the 2 previous season's.... where there is closure. I think this season leaves a cliff hanger.

And Ellen Wolfe. And Freebo :)

I think there's a lot out there.... so I don't think this season is going to end like the 2 previous season's.... where there is closure. I think this season leaves a cliff hanger.

I would assume the show has picked up a bunch of new viewers this season thanks to word of mouth and some airtime on CBS. This would be a perfect time for some kind of cliffhanger to get people to return next season. There's no way they can close the Miguel storyline in 2 episodes.

I've watched the series religiously for about 2.5 weeks

it sucks that now that I've watched seasons 1 and 2, and most of 3 that I have to wait a whole new year to see the rest...

Anyway, DH is probably right, there is way too much to finish up in one episode for it all to be resolved. LaGuerta and Ramone are likely going to be major obstacles next season. But obviously, the skinner and Antone situations are going to be resolved...

I would assume the show has picked up a bunch of new viewers this season thanks to word of mouth and some airtime on CBS. This would be a perfect time for some kind of cliffhanger to get people to return next season. There's no way they can close the Miguel storyline in 2 episodes.

I guess I was wrong about the cliffhanger :silly:

I liked the finale, though I think some of the stories (Miguel's brother and King) wrapped up pretty conveniently. I can't wait to see what Deb finds out w/ the CI files though!

I guess I was wrong about the cliffhanger :silly:

I liked the finale, though I think some of the stories (Miguel's brother and King) wrapped up pretty conveniently. I can't wait to see what Deb finds out w/ the CI files though!

I was wrong as well. With 20 minutes left in the episode.... I was pretty certain I nailed it :) I'll never underestimate that show again.

Nothing left over from this season except Miguel's blood-stained dress shirt and Ellen Wolfe's ring.

I'm not sure about the CI files though.... so what, Deb finds out that her father was fooling around with Dexter's mom.... and that Dexter and the ice-truck killer - and her former boyfriend - were brothers. How does that implicate Dexter in any way? Other than she realizes how her life unfolded... and how Dexter's brother used her to get to Dexter.

But I'm sure something will come of it :)

Very anti climatic season finale. Still my favorite show and it sucks that we have to wait till Im guessing September. Dexter is still one of the biggest "sleeper shows" in the history of TV. Nobody knows about it but it is by far the best show on tv imo.

And how hot was Rita in her wedding dress. Ramons wife is smoking too. Anyone know who she is?

• 3 months later...

Murf recommended this show to me when we did the Cincy game last year and I decided to check it out.

I finished the first season- which I think started off kind of slow and akward but really picked up steam about halfway through. Almost like Showtime didn't really start investing some time and money into the series until they were sure it was a hit :). But I loved the ending, it was very cool.

I just started season 2, I'm thru the first 3 episodes. Kind of a cool start, Dexter just began rehab :).

I think it's a great premise for a show and is overall really well done. The only problem I have with the show is the actress who plays Morgan. Holy hell is she annoying. I don't know what it is, but she is the opposite of charismatic.

But other than that, great series. So, thanks murf :)

Murf recommended this show to me when we did the Cincy game last year and I decided to check it out.

I finished the first season- which I think started off kind of slow and akward but really picked up steam about halfway through. Almost like Showtime didn't really start investing some time and money into the series until they were sure it was a hit :). But I loved the ending, it was very cool.

I just started season 2, I'm thru the first 3 episodes. Kind of a cool start, Dexter just began rehab :).

I think it's a great premise for a show and is overall really well done. The only problem I have with the show is the actress who plays Morgan. Holy hell is she annoying. I don't know what it is, but she is the opposite of charismatic.

But other than that, great series. So, thanks murf :)

Deb used to annoy the hell out of me but she's started to grow on me and now I think she's pretty hilarious.

seasons 1 and 2 were AMAZING

the entire first season was pretty much devoted to character development and season 2 exploded into pure drama... season 3... meh it was great because the series is great, but it just wasn't as good as the previous 2... I can expect that since it is kind of a tweener season between Dexter the single guy and Dexter the father.

who else thought Rita was way hotter than that british chick?

seasons 1 and 2 were AMAZING

the entire first season was pretty much devoted to character development and season 2 exploded into pure drama... season 3... meh it was great because the series is great, but it just wasn't as good as the previous 2... I can expect that since it is kind of a tweener season between Dexter the single guy and Dexter the father.

who else thought Rita was way hotter than that british chick?

Hell yeah she was. Psycho isn't sexy. ;)

Absolutely. Deb is extremely annoying to me. She curses just because she can. Then she sorta acts like a man with her big man chin. Did y'all know that Deb and Dexter are a thing in real life?

i read somewhere that they were married in real life now.

unfortunately, that probably means she won't be dying on the show anytime soon :mad:

• 2 months later...

Update on season 4 below the picture...don't read below if you don't want to know about a new cast member!!!!!!!!!!!

In case anyone missed it in the Owned Thread, here is Dexter's kill room recreated with peeps :)

The level of detail is incredible!

16l5d4.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i780ed1bb3c22fbcd04063a8c06c2e0cf

John Lithgow joining 'Dexter'

Actor to play a serial killer

By Nellie Andreeva

May 27, 2009, 02:28 PM ET

Emmy and Tony winner John Lithgow is joining the cast of Showtime's drama "Dexter."

Lithgow will appear in all 12 episodes of the show's upcoming fourth season, playing Walter Simmons, Miami's latest serial killer and Dexter Morgan's (Michael C. Hall) new nemesis.

Simmons is described as an unassuming, mild-mannered suburbanite who has been living a dual life as one of America's most prolific serial killers, dubbed the "Trinity Killer" because of his proclivity to kill in threes.

After being tracked by FBI special agent Frank Lundy (Keith Carradine), Simmons relocates to Miami, where Dexter is brought on to assist in the investigation and becomes fascinated with the killer's skills.

Season 4 of "Dexter" premieres Sept. 27.

Archived