Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING NEWS: John McCain will attend debate, AP reports

Cooked Crack

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is comical.

I gotta get me some of those new-fangled azz blue-lens glasses.

So is there any truth to your accusation that Obama ignored the financial crisis until Bush invited him?
(Nah, far better to ignore it all until the current president invites you to come back and do your damn job.)
Or was that just your glasses talking?

Is anyone really surprised that McCain is gonna show up no matter what is going on? This entire thing was purely political. McCain would have looked good if he did this at the end of last week, but he didn't. As pointed out, he didn't even read the 3 page bill for 4 days. That's the most damning evidence of this being political.

So is there any truth to your accusation that Obama ignored the financial crisis until Bush invited him? Or was that just your glasses talking?

When did he come back to Washington?

Yes.

He made a phone call.

If this is the "Pearl Harbor" of economics, as it's being touted (or sold) then a phone call doesn't cut it.

I must say, I'm interested in hearing what these two have to say after being with the Executive yesterday.

They should at least know most of what we don't. Of course except for the plot to only bail out companies that the Bush Administration has economic stakes in.

I'd like to see either McCain or Obama come out and state the truth.

This isn't an Economic issue. This is a sociology issue.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee said Friday the John McCain made a "huge mistake" by even floating the possibility he would not appear at the first presidential debate as planned.

“You can’t just say, ‘World stop for a moment. I’m going to cancel everything,” Huckabee told the Associated Press Thursday.

When did he come back to Washington?

Yes.

He made a phone call.

If this is the "Pearl Harbor" of economics, as it's being touted (or sold) then a phone call doesn't cut it.

If this is the "Pearl Harbor" of economics, then John McCain shouldn't be coming to the debate tonight.

And if you at least acknowledge the phone call, I don't see how you can say that Obama ignored it all.

(Nah, far better to ignore it all until the current president invites you to come back and do your damn job.)
Do you still stand by that statement?

If this is the Pearl Harbor of economics, why didn't McCain read Paulson's plan until 4 days after it was released? That's a real sense of urgency.

And I can go back to who went to Washington first and why. If you want to go around in circles, we can. It's pointless, but we can.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee said Friday the John McCain made a "huge mistake" by even floating the possibility he would not appear at the first presidential debate as planned.

“You can’t just say, ‘World stop for a moment. I’m going to cancel everything,” Huckabee told the Associated Press Thursday.

Huckabee has EXECUTIVE experience too!

If this is the "Pearl Harbor" of economics, then John McCain shouldn't be coming to the debate tonight.

And if you at least acknowledge the phone call, I don't see how you can say that Obama ignored it all. Do you still stand by that statement?

Damn McCain either way, and proclaim Obama infallable if you will. Ultimately, McCain tried to fulfill both of his responsibilities.

Obama, meanwhile, wanted to waste a whole day on making a joint statement. (Which, of course, would only be effective in combatting a *AHEM* "mental recession.") :)

And I can go back to who went to Washington first and why. If you want to go around in circles, we can. It's pointless, but we can.

McCain went to Washington as a political move. I thought we've been over this. Your alarm should have sounded when it took McCain 22 hours to get to DC. This sounds like a Pearl Harbor crisis alright. McCain's presence didn't help anybody but himself. (probably not in the long run though)

Obama is gonna look great tonight!!

Obama will look good, minus a stutter or stammer here and there. I expect McCain to look fidgety, and to flash a few uncomfortable smirks here and there.

Btw, even though the nature of the debate setup will probably limit McCain's use of "Our friends" or "my friends" , still..how many use of "friends" are you counting on tonight? :D The "my friends" drinking game will be great during the town hall debate.

Damn McCain either way, and proclaim Obama infallable if you will. Ultimately, McCain tried to fulfill both of his responsibilities.

Obama, meanwhile, wanted to waste a whole day on making a joint statement. (Which, of course, would only be effective in combatting a *AHEM* "mental recession.") :)

I'm not proclaiming Obama infallible.

I am simply asking you a simple question:

Do you believe that Obama ignored the entire financial crisis until President Bush invited him to Washington?

Would the witness please point to the part of the record where he provided an answer to that question?

"Ultimately, McCain tried to fulfill both of his responsibilities.

Obama, meanwhile, wanted to waste a whole day on making a joint statement. (Which, of course, would only be effective in combatting a *AHEM* "mental recession.") :)"

Curse the man for doing his current job, whilst pursuing a new one.

Don't ya think since the next president will be the one to deal with the fallout from all of this, he should at least make an appearance in Washington and find out what's going on?

Curse the man for making a political spectrum of this. Im suspending my campaign in order to rush to washington and this deal done. But first Im going to cancel one interview to do another and then do another speech the next day then go to washington for a photo op and sit there and say nothing. Because I had 4 days to read a 3 page proposal and didnt do it. But I also want to cancel the debate until something gets done.

But my opponent is wrong for not wanting to go back to washington because it would become a political spectical. Like it did. Come on HH you have to see the difference and who was using this as a political tool.

Nothing wrong with making an appearance. There is something wrong making it a circus by announcing "suspension" of your campaign. Then claiming you won't debate until a deal is hammered out. McCain's stunt might have actually done more harm than good.

Hell McCain didn't even read the 3 page Paulson plan until Tuesday. He only started doing his job when he saw his poll numbers slipping.

But he is being a maverick because he didnt read it. Thought you knew better than that. :silly:

I'm not proclaiming Obama infallible.

I am simply asking you a simple question: Do you believe that Obama ignored the entire financial crisis until President Bush invited him to Washington?

Of course he does. Talking Paulson during the whole time means he ignored it until Bush invited him. While he was there the GOP offered a new proposal and Obama asked for them to explain further but they didnt. While McCain sat there playing with his fingers and smiling for the cameras. Now who is actually trying to do something about this crisis?

"Ultimately, McCain tried to fulfill both of his responsibilities.

Obama, meanwhile, wanted to waste a whole day on making a joint statement. (Which, of course, would only be effective in combatting a *AHEM* "mental recession.") :)"

Would the witness please clarify as to whether he believes that "making a joint statement" is "ignoring it all."

Archived