Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kelly Out Sunday; Heyer, Horton may start

Saqs

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/09/kelly_not_ready_for_sunday_hey.html

Heyer's left shoulder is still sore but he has regained his range of motion. Heyer could practice fully tomorrow, and Zorn said he would list him as questionable for now.

"If it's game time [until they decide whether Heyer can play], then it's game time," Zorn said.

Kelly's ankle has not healed and Zorn said he continutes to get intense treatment

Zorn said Reed Doughty is likely to remain paired with LaRon Landry in the base defensive package, but with the Redskins using so many three-safety sets, rookie Chris Horton could start, too.

Horton has made plays every week and Zorn said the youngster will play a lot in Dallas regardless. Horton was seen signing a copy of "Horton Hears a Who" for a UCLA fan who mailed it to the team.

Awesome for Horton :applause::applause:

The Dreaded Predator is back!!!!

Well, sort of. What it's saying is that Doughty likely will be the starter opposite Landry, but because the Skins sometimes use three-safety sets, it's possible that Horton could be on the field, alongside Landry and Doughty, for the first defensive snap.

It's not saying that Horton will start 'ahead of' Doughty.

Well, sort of. What it's saying is that Doughty likely will be the starter opposite Landry, but because the Skins sometimes use three-safety sets, it's possible that Horton could be on the field, alongside Landry and Doughty, for the first defensive snap.

It's not saying that Horton will start 'ahead of' Doughty.

Technically it doesn't matter who starts because everyone gets their share of playing duties as noted.

I want to see Heyer starting on Sunday and why does the WashingtonTimes suggest otherwise?

Technically it doesn't matter who starts because everyone gets their share of playing duties as noted.

True enough, but the arrangement mentioned in the blog post above is no different from the setup we had last week against Arizona. I'm just clarifying that the blog post isn't pointing to a new role for Horton, assuming the blog post is accurate.

kelly out?! no way!

ps, did you know that lindsey lohan is a lesbian? or that clay aiken is gay?

We might as well put Kelly on IR and activate someone who can actually help our club out.

The Clay Aiken thing I knew from when he sang "Bridge Over Troubled Waters".:)

(Disclaimer): Not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing of course.

Malcolm Kelly is the guy that fell off of peoples draft boards because of health concerns right? Why did we take this gamble?

I'm not trowing the towel in on him yet. I'm just trying to figure out what we were thinking.

maybe we could have gotten him in the 3rd or 4th.

Way to go, Vinny.

kelly out?! no way!

ps, did you know that lindsey lohan is a lesbian? or that clay aiken is gay?

I can't believe you people have given up so quickly on Kelly. He has only missed 2.87 games in his entire career. What other WR can claim 100% 1st down conversion rate on his completion(s)? IDK either, but that's got to be a record.

Archived