Cowboys Pass Defense

Thinking Skins

Should JLC THE RAT be fired  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should JLC THE RAT be fired

• yes
    • no
    • not that serious

I was just thinking about this game, and everybody likes to talk about how we need to stop T.O. and Marion Barber and that explosive cowboys offense. But the thing that I like is that it seems that the Cowboys defense can be beaten, especially by a good QB.

Look at these stats.

Against GB

A. Rodgers 22/39 290

G. Jennings 8 115

Against Philly

D. McNabb 25/37 281 1TD

D. Jackson 6 110

Given that neither of these QBs threw a pick against the Cowboys either, I'd think that this is a matchup that we can exploit to get big yards from Moss and Cooley, and possibly Thomas.

Add to that what we all know - that Jason Campbell had one of his best games as a pro last year against Dallas where he put up 348 yards and 2TDs, and I'd suspect that we have some insight on how to beat this defense.

I hope I'm not jinxing the game, but I have a feeling that Campbell can have a pretty good day against the Cowboys this week.

Absolutely JC will probably be the difference in the game. This game could be his coming out party or his back to reality party. Hopefully Zorn trusts JC enough to let him go out and try to make plays. We've seen him do it against this team before. Combine this with around 25 carries for CP and we have good chance.

we have to have an O line that will hold up like those teams did. Santana and Randle El have to run the same kind of routes with percision that they did as well. and we need to have a good running game period...

I sooo agree with this. And I was thinking about when our offense stalled in the second quarter against Arizona and it was right when Heyer went out of the game - coincidence? I think not....well, maybe. Campbell had some incomplete passes, but I have a feeling that they may have been rushed because of a fear of Jansen's protection abilities.

Point blank, if Heyer doesn't play Sunday it can really hurt our protection this week and our passing game.

A lot of Rogers' yards came in the 4th quarter when the game was pretty much out of reach and the Cowboys were playing conservative and giving them 7-8 pass yards on every play.

Yes and no. Rogers was moving the team down the field in the 1st second and third quarters, the problem is that they were settling for FGs instead of TDs. If they were getting TDs this game would be a lot closer. He had a 50 yarder to Jennings in the 3rd while the game was still winnable, but they got a FG on that drive instead of a TD.

He had 90 yards in the 4th, which led to the only TD they scored, but the Packers's problem wasn't moving the ball, it was scoring in the red zone.

I sooo agree with this. And I was thinking about when our offense stalled in the second quarter against Arizona and it was right when Heyer went out of the game - coincidence? I think not....well, maybe. Campbell had some incomplete passes, but I have a feeling that they may have been rushed because of a fear of Jansen's protection abilities.

Point blank, if Heyer doesn't play Sunday it can really hurt our protection this week and our passing game.

Jansen did not give up a sack when he replaced Heyer. So I think that's a good sign.

Also if Jansen starts in place of Heyer, we may actually start running to the right side instead off to the left. I do believe this is due to Heyers run blocking experience.

Jansen did not give up a sack when he replaced Heyer. So I think that's a good sign.

Also if Jansen starts in place of Heyer, we may actually start running to the right side instead off to the left. I do believe this is due to Heyers run blocking experience.

You sure about that? The play by play says that Campbell was sacked on the next pass play after Heyer went out. I don't know who gave up that sack, but I was immediately thinking Jansen. Hope its not true though.

I have no doubt we will be able to move the ball, but Dallas has a good D that gets even better in the redzone and scoring may be the problem. If we want to have a chance of winning, we cant walk away with field goals...

On the otherside of the ball, Romo sits to pee has not shown that he has the abaility to scor in the redzone. In fact, it seem that the redzone is where he is most vulnerable throwing most of his picks...

In closing... We NEED to prevent the big play (which is their calling card) and stop the 3rd down conversions (I think they are the best in the league). Dallas thrives on the big play, and gets deflated quite easily without it. Let the clock and their own mistakes (one of the most penalized teams) beat them.

WE CAN WIN THIS GAME. I have a TON of confidence...

I have a feeling that Campbell can have a pretty good day against the Cowboys this week.

I hear ya bro, Campbell showed that he can sling the ball last year. I remember being kinda stunned that Gibbs allowed Saunders to open up the offense last year against Dallas. I'm hoping that Zorn and Campbell follow a similiar game plan and get after the Dallas secondary with some deeper routes. IMO Zorn has been running a good offense, but its been mostly short stuff. Campbell has only thrown 22* passes that travelled more then 10 yards downfield. I saw that Zorn had a closed practice session today. I hope the Skins are working on some new wrinkles to spring on the Cowboys. IMO we're wasting talent if we don't use Moss and Devin to stretch the field.

*http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=8440

(22 is the fewest downfield passing attempts of any WCO qbs -i checked b/c of another thread).

DALLAS WEEK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:2cents:

:cheers:

I think evry team knows that the main weekness on dallas' defense is there secondary. The only prob is their front 7 tends to make up for that weakness cuz they are so good rushin the passer; hence makin dallas' secondary look good. Bottom line is that we will need above average o-line play to win this game. Period

You sure about that? The play by play says that Campbell was sacked on the next pass play after Heyer went out. I don't know who gave up that sack, but I was immediately thinking Jansen. Hope its not true though.

NFL.com lists Karlos Dansby with the sack. He's an OLB, so it may well have been JJ who gave it up. If memory serves it came up the middle, though; maybe he came on a dog of some kind and the D-line stunted?

NFL.com lists Karlos Dansby with the sack. He's an OLB, so it may well have been JJ who gave it up. If memory serves it came up the middle, though; maybe he came on a dog of some kind and the D-line stunted?

busted play action..they brought too many up the middle and portis didn't have time to block him.

busted play action..they brought too many up the middle and portis didn't have time to block him.

Actually, I think it was Betts who blew his assignment on that play. There were two guys coming in. If Betts had of picked up his man as he should have, Campbell probably could have eluded the other, at least temporarily.

I wish Betts took his blocking more seriously. :mad:

Archived