Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Props to Saints fans I encountered...

Thirtyfive2seven

I just wanted to say that every single saints fan that I ran into was pleasant. Props to all of them at the game that I encountered. They are NOTHING like other teams fans that ooze into Fed Ex every now and then.

I was in 315 today and despite the annoying screaming (Word that rhymes with Thesbian) women behind me (saints fans), everyone was really cool. No fights around me, no problems at all walking back out to my car. Nada. Anyone have similar experiences?

First of all, there weren't too many of them, which is always a good thing. There was a group of them in my row (sec 226 row 23) that were sort of obnoxious. They were four fairly big guys, and every time someone would try to leave the area to get concessions they wouldn't budge. They never flat out refused to move or anything, but they'd just stand there and eventually you'd have to shove your way through them.

Saints fans are great. I have been to NO many times for games, and they are quite pleasant.

It's funny, but not all our fans are not exactly the nicest around. I have been to hundreds of games, and I have been treated better by Saints fans, then our own beloved Skins fans.

There are obnoxious fans everywhere you go.

I had a blast in 423 with a saints fan wearing a shockey jersey. We yelled at each other for the 1st half then talked in the concourse at half time. The funniest part... during the yelling in the stand both of our SOs were tugging at us and asking us to stop before we got in to a fight.

At the end of the game we had a handshake, a good game and walked away, me smiling..... him not so much!

I did have one more run in with a saints fan... in the concourse, they scored a TD and a lone fan started jumping around and yelling... I simply asked him if the name Custer meant anything to him. He was clueless, had no idea what I was talking about. :D

I was in Sec 119...About 5 Saint's fans behind me started singing that "Who dat, who dat" thing that they are always mumbling after the Bush punt return. I couldn't take it....I stood up and began telling them that I remembered the days when Saint's fans wore more than Mardi Gra beads. I fondly recalled, for all within earshot, the days Saint's fans proudly wore bags over their heads to games and that it would have been appropriate for them to continue that custom yesterday afternoon. I would have gone on but my fiance "encouraged" me to have a seat and watch the game as it was not over....She was correct, I could have gone on a while longer...

Saints fans are great. I have been to NO many times for games, and they are quite pleasant.

It's funny, but our fans are not exactly the nicest around. I have been to hundreds of games, and I have been treated better by Saints fans, then our own beloved Skins fans.

There are obnoxious fans everywhere you go.

All the Saints fans I encountered yesterday were very cool.

Same as when I went to New Orleans for our game back on 12/17/06.

Everyone of them were cool to us before and during the game and I even had Saints fans walk up to us on Bourbon St after the game to congratulate us and even buy us drinks.

I have mad respect for there fan base.

First off, as has been pointed out there are bad apples in every crowd. But the fact is that any fan that goes to any stadium rooting for the visiting team is going to be bold. Same with Skins fans going somewhere else. I've been to one Skins road game (in Philly), and nobody sang "Hail to the Redskins" when we scored. That's sort of my little pet peeve with the visitors we get here...they feel compeled to do their team's victory traditions after TD's. And that's what gets Redskin fans ticked off, and that's how fights start.

The one behind us and the one in front of us were a couple jackasses... Waving your shirt when Bush scores in a visiting stadium, then flicking off those who tell you to sit down, then walking up in the bleachers to pick a fight isn't classy... I witnessed the fan in front of us doing that, then the one behind us said "I got your back..." He was also making inane, stupid comments all game. If you come to a visiting stadium, even if you wear a jersey and are there to support your team, it's best to be as gracious as possible (in victory or defeat).

I was in 231. A dozen or so Saints fans were in 130. When Bush ran the punt back they went crazy! They were throwing their beer and bottles up in the air! It looked like a beer bomb went off! Right after that the ushers brought a Skins fan up who I guess got into it with the Saints fans. He was soaked with beer. He was complaining about being taken out when he had beer thrown all over him and being hit with a bottle! Soon more Skins fans came up and complained about what had happened. The ushers then got together with the police and went down and ejected the whole group of Saints fans! The Saints went marching out! Other than that they were OK!

:dallasuck:eaglesuck

I was in 231. A dozen or so Saints fans were in 130. When Bush ran the punt back they went crazy! They were throwing their beer and bottles up in the air! It looked like a beer bomb went off! Right after that the ushers brought a Skins fan up who I guess got into it with the Saints fans. He was soaked with beer. He was complaining about being taken out when he had beer thrown all over him and being hit with a bottle! Soon more Skins fans came up and complained about what had happened. The ushers then got together with the police and went down and ejected the whole group of Saints fans! The Saints went marching out! Other than that they were OK!

:dallasuck:eaglesuck

Ahhh so that's what happened. We definitely saw them all get kicked out from the upper bowl.

The one behind us and the one in front of us were a couple jackasses... Waving your shirt when Bush scores in a visiting stadium, then flicking off those who tell you to sit down, then walking up in the bleachers to pick a fight isn't classy... I witnessed the fan in front of us doing that, then the one behind us said "I got your back..." He was also making inane, stupid comments all game. If you come to a visiting stadium, even if you wear a jersey and are there to support your team, it's best to be as gracious as possible (in victory or defeat).

I had a bad experience with like 3 different groups as well.

I actually had 2 Saints fans at the game with me. One of them doesn't even really know any Saints players, but her dad is French... or something. The Skins are her 2nd favorite team. Needless to say, she was just happy it was an exciting day, and really couldn't have cared less that the Saints lost.

The other guy I was with was a pretty die-hard Saints fan, almost (but not quite) as die-hard as I am about the Skins. He was pissed that they lost (as much as I would have been, had the roles been reversed), but he was gracious about it.

I brought them both (and a fellow skins fan with us) to the end zone bar after the game had ended to see the "totally-awesome-ridiculously-unique-DC-go-go-jam-band session", and the mood lightened a bit. ;)

The Saints/Skins don't really have much of a rivalry, so I didn't expect much in terms of trash talkin goin on. But I agree, most of the Saints fans I saw were gracious losers. Probably like I would be if I was unfortunate enough to live in a town outside of Redskins Country. Then again, who can blame 'em - they've never won a Super Bowl :D

[Edit] I was in Section 124 - didn't realize there were that many people with bad experiences, but from where I was sitting (and I was sandwiched in between 2 Saints fans), it was never that bad. They cheered when their team was up, I cheered when my team was up. A little heckling here and there, but no obscene gestures, no beer tossing, and no police involvement. I guess it just depends on where you are in the stadium. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you get jackasses.

I just wanted to say that every single saints fan that I ran into was pleasant. Props to all of them at the game that I encountered. They are NOTHING like other teams fans that ooze into Fed Ex every now and then.

There were several Saints fans behind us in Section 330; one of them even offered us some of their beads during the second half. We declined ...

Outside from their yelling when we were on offense, there were no issues or altercations. Directly behind me was a father/son pair and they were cool.

cheers

Archived