Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are the homers at now?

CapitalDefense

We dominated in the first half in every category except the scoreboard.

Exactly.

"Great" or close to "great" teams score touchdowns on those drives.

"Good" teams settle for field goals and miss two of them.

It's not a bad to be just a "good" team. But people proclaiming Super Bowl are a tad out of their minds.

I'm a homer because I can't make new threads. Can someone explain to me if there was a rule change? Why couldn't Johnathan Vilma run out of the endzone after he intercepted Jason Campbell?

No rule change, in the NFL the defense can't score points on an attempted 2 pt conversion. He could have run it back in College football, but not in the NFL.

We are all over.

Here's the difference: Go find some posts in the last 3 hours from fellow ES'ers that say we are going to the SB. Now, how many posts did you read last Thursday that fell into the "All is lost, we will go 0-16,Zorn will never make it, JC will never be a professional QB" category? If you need a few days to count up the latter, let me know.

People need to quit making irrational, poorly thought out statements. No one is saying we are SB bound, much less playoff bound. But, there are a lot of people who were happy with the win and saw an improved team. The chicken littles saw an improved team but don't want to admit it. Another poster just told me he doesn't expect the team to improve from week to week.

Where are the homers now? not the best question to ask after a win.

We are all over.

Here's the difference: Go find some posts in the last 3 hours from fellow ES'ers that say we are going to the SB. Now, how many posts did you read last Thursday that fell into the "All is lost, we will go 0-16,Zorn will never make it, JC will never be a professional QB" category? If you need a few days to count up the latter, let me know.

People need to quit making irrational, poorly thought out statements. No one is saying we are SB bound, much less playoff bound. But, there are a lot of people who were happy with the win and saw an improved team. The chicken littles saw an improved team but don't want to admit it. Another poster just told me he doesn't expect the team to improve from week to week.

Where are the homers now? not the best question to ask after a win.

Everything he said, whilst shaking my head at people STILL not getting it.

I'm all for freedom of speech. I may not like what a poster say's, but ultimately, it's his/her prerogative, however boneheaded his rant may be.

BUT, if you fall into the bracket of rather having your personal theory proved right in some vein, self appraisal way, at the expense of the football team you claim to follow winning games and improving because that fly's against boosting your ego with your views being proved wrong, then i'm sure i'm far from alone in saying these boards would be a FAR better place without you. No names mentioned here, you already know who you are anyways.

This isn't some board point scoring competition, the so called "homers" against the haters, everyone should be here for the ultimate good of the Redskins. Somewhere along the line that's gotten lost in a lot of people. We live in hope that they step back, think hard, get it back, and remember why they became a football fan to start with way back when.

Hail.

don't think were going to the superbowl. But we are better than most think. I will say I have supported this team all week and have been critized alot for it. The people that critized have a good point though, most went over board but are still vailid to some point.

All in all one week doesn't make us terrible, but it doesn't make us great either.

...BUT, if you fall into the bracket of rather having your personal theory proved right in some vein, self appraisal way, at the expense of the football team you claim to follow winning games and improving because that fly's against boosting your ego with your views being proved wrong, then i'm sure i'm far from alone in saying these boards would be a FAR better place without you. No names mentioned here, you already know who you are anyways.

This isn't some board point scoring competition, the so called "homers" against the haters, everyone should be here for the ultimate good of the Redskins. Somewhere along the line that's gotten lost in a lot of people. We live in hope that they step back, think hard, get it back, and remember why they became a football fan to start with way back when.

Hail.

Wisdom, people. Read this man's post again and again and AGAIN, until it sinks into your thick skulls.

Well done GHH.

:applause:

<OLS>

What'd I do now???

BigRedskinDaddy, I have failed. I was caught up in having too much fun and forgot to take pics at the ES Tailgate, please forgive me :(

Did you take my pitchfork?

I got this JC hater all lined up for a perfect throw. It's even got a crow on one of the sharp parts!

<OLS>

What'd I do now???

BigRedskinDaddy, I have failed. I was caught up in having too much fun and forgot to take pics at the ES Tailgate, please forgive me :(

OMG. I JUST posted about this, look up and you threw this in there. Not a problem, brother. I'm just glad we got the win. 'Sides, you've got next week to make up for it...

:cheers:

Exactly.

"Great" or close to "great" teams score touchdowns on those drives.

"Good" teams settle for field goals and miss two of them.

It's not a bad to be just a "good" team. But people proclaiming Super Bowl are a tad out of their minds.

Two games into the Zorn era. I'm not expecting greatness yet. I'll settle for nice steady progress. Today's game was a pleasant surprise. As the team gets more time together, those missed opportunities will become fewer and farther between. This game was not far away from a blowout. A couple chance plays (Bush TD return, ARE punt fumble) and a couple of those missed opportunities kept this game close.

Archived