Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: McCain Camp Sees An Insult in a Saying

Ignatius J.

This is what Karl Rove and the Republican party do, they try to switch the debate to something meaningless, like they did with Kerry and the "swift boat". The Public always falls for it because the uneducated masses don't know any better. I have to hand it to them though, they sure know what they doing, after all they gave us 8 years of a monkey in a suit as president.

Come on McCain was using this same expression to describe Hillary's Healthcare plan in 2007. Nobody attacked him for being sexist?

This is a stupid issue for McCain to exploit to keep the election from concentrating on the issues. On the issues, McCain looses this election. So McCain wants to focus on imaginary slights.

It's sad this stuff plays.

McCain did not just come through a primrary race where he and those who supported him were viewed as sexists for their treatment of Hillary

by the way I have posted that both Huckabee and McCains daughter have both said it is just an expression

By the way what do you expect when you have the other side saying community organizer is a race based comment

I'm having a difficult time respecting the opinions of those who can't see how it would be reasonable for some (especially women) to take offense at Obama's statement and also reasonable for them to request an apology for Obama's "poor form".

I'm willing to believe it was a gaffe... I don't think he should be given a pass, nor would I want people to give McCain a pass if he made a similarly insensitive gaffe.

BTW, it isn't the "expression" that was offensive, it was how it was used within the context of the last week.

Were you offended when that local town councilman in Texas used the term "black hole" when referring to stuff getting lost in a town government office? To me, that anybody took offense at that incident is almost as ridculous as this one is.

DRSmith, you are either stupid, or disingenuous. I'm guessing the latter.

If he makes another gaffe this week what happens to him?

He can still do the 9/11 appearence but for the stumping he should let Biden take point for a week

Do you think it is by accident that we hear more about Palin than McCain and more from her

McCain did not just come through a primrary race where he and those who supported him were viewed as sexists for their treatment of Hillary

by the way I have posted that both Huckabee and McCains daughter have both said it is just an expression

By the way what do you expect when you have the other side saying community organizer is a race based comment

The person who said that about "community organizer", is he in Obama's camp? I didn't thiunk Palin was being racial, she was just being condescending. She did a good job of reading McCain's speech though.

The person who said that about "community organizer", is he in Obama's camp? I didn't thiunk Palin was being racial, she was just being condescending. She did a good job of reading McCain's speech though.

And what was she conteracting was it not the idea that being the gov of Alaska was not enough exp to be VP

If the dems had not done that to her she would not have to show how being a gov and mayor gave her more exp than a c/o

i love this guy....... fox reported this this morning for 2 hours before airing an extended clip ....... i love how they time this crap......... show the entire clip after the most of the east coast has gone to work.....

i love how he came out and turned the inetire thing back on them.....

as for the knuckle heads that think he was talking about SP..... before he even said anything this morning .... i was thinking that he was refering to "her" as the "lipstick" on the GOP pig........

either way i love the right wing spin machine...... if it werent so dangerous i would think it was comical....

i also noticed this morning that fox made a reference to the fact that Palin was "for the war before she was against it" and yet they stated that it was ok to change your mind blah blah blah and yet when kerry said that they went nuts on him about flip flopping.....

ps whats up with the new format? does it not show who is in the room with you any more?

And what she conteracting was it not the idea that being the gov of Alaska was not enough exp to be VP

If the dems had not done that to her she would not have to show how being a gov and mayor gave her more exp than a c/o

But she still hasn't said what experience she has as Gov. that makes her more qualified than any other person? I think the Dems were saying how in one breath you say Obama doesn't have experience (which was a legitimate point) , but you pick a VP who doesn't have much experience in her own right.

You notice that McCain isn't saying anything now about Obama's lack of experience, but now he is the CHANGE candidate. Coincedence??

This thread is hilarious. What a bunch of PC whining liars so many have you become. And since when is Palin the only woman in America who wears lipstick? Because she mentioned lipstick all references to it point to her!

What an oversensitive bunch of crap!

It may work, but I would expect better of most of you. You've lost all semblence of integrity on this one.

Honestly, Burgold, they didn't have any to begin with. I've said this many times--the people who constantly cry PC-ism are the first ones to be outraged when something is said that they don't like. Look no further than this messageboard.

Obviously, the Republicans are not really offended by this comment; they know it's a common expression because they are the kings of using common expressions to supplant actual ideas and accomplishments. Pallin's speech is a pure example of that. What do you remember from that speech: red meat one-liners meant to please the "Blue-Collar Comedy" crowd. Of course, it worked.

I will say that there is no Republican monopoly on this kind of thing. When Obama was running, there was a few people who sought and found racist motivations for Obama detractors where there were none. This is American politics, baby, where anything goes and an alarmingly dumb and insane electorate is drunk behind the wheel.

But she still hasn't said what experience she has as Gov. that makes her more qualified than any other person? I think the Dems were saying how in one breath you say Obama doesn't have experience (which was a legitimate point) , but you pick a VP who doesn't have much experience in her own right.

You notice that McCain isn't saying anything now about Obama's lack of experience, but now he is the CHANGE candidate. Coincedence??

Is there not a differnce between a pres and a vp?

Pres says he is ready, vp only in case of emergency

Clinton was a gov was he not, and for the most part did a good job did he not?

Is there not a differnce between a pres and a vp?

Clinton was a gov was he not, and for the most part did a good job did he not?

As is said, it's a heartbeat away. Clearly, she has executive experience. She also does seem to have some credentials as a "reformer," or "maverick." That's not enough.

Bush was also a governor. How'd that work out?

Journalists are there to ask questions about our political leaders that normal citizens cannot. I will admit that some news organizations and journalists are slimy, sensationalist hacks who parade trash around as real journalism. Every candidate has to deal with that. Palin should be no different. The fact that she will not give interviews says to me she has nothing to say, and that her handlers are operating a frantic cram session to get her up to speed.

Honestly his comment should be a non factor as to an impact directly to the McCain camp.

What is does smell like is that the edges of the Obama camp are getting a bit frayed and we are seeing less and less of the cool Barry and more of candidate Obama as of late.

You might not realize that it's on the cover of today's editions of the New York Post and the New York Daily News.

Are you saying that he shouldn't address it?

You might not realize that it's on the cover of today's editions of the New York Post and the New York Daily News.

Are you saying that he shouldn't address it?

Not at all but I see no reason to act like Obama insulted Palin in a personal, visceral way.

What I would do is take Obama to task for the recent attitude chance and change in his demeanor. Basically see how thin his skin has gotten as of late. :2cents:

Honestly his comment should be a non factor as to an impact directly to the McCain camp.

What is does smell like is that the edges of the Obama camp are getting a bit frayed and we are seeing less and less of the cool Barry and more of candidate Obama as of late.

If anyone seems frayed, it is the knee-jerk responses coming from the McCain camp defending against every perceived slight.

The response from the McCain camp is not exactly calm, cool, and collected.

After all, here are the cliched replies I hear:

"The Media is attacking her!"

"The liberals are desperate!"

It's like folks are reading from the same cue card, and saying the same things over, and over, and over again, without any originality.

*sigh*

McCain's running to win. He can't run on issues, that's a no brainer. Power has always done what it wants. McCain is the party of big business, wealth, and power. He has high powered lobbyist and the Rove team on his side telling him what to attack.

These ads work. This is why, every year, the election isn't about issues. The American people are some of the dumbest and most ignorant in the world. Look at the T.V. shows we watch? Do you think we care about issues? We don't care at all. We want drama and conflict.

The dems will lose if they don't go negative. Get down to the grit. When up against the Rove team, its time to start acting like children.

Not at all but I see no reason to act like Obama insulted Palin in a personal, visceral way.

What I would do is take Obama to task for the recent attitude chance and change in his demeanor. Basically see how thin his skin has gotten as of late. :2cents:

Are you guys getting the same marching orders? Now we have the "thin-skin" comments coming from multiple McCain supporters/

The WORST part is that the response to the "lipstick on a pig" comment is the EPITOMY of being thin-skinned. The McCain campaign took a statement that even he has used, and turned it into a personal attack, when obviously it was not.

"OH NO! THE LIBERAL MEDIA IS ATTACKING AGAIN!"

Thin-skinned AND hypocritical. Palin supporters have become the worst, and most thin-skinned, of the bunch.

Are you guys getting the same marching orders? Now we have the "thin-skin" comments coming from multiple McCain supporters/

The WORST part is that the response to the "lipstick on a pig" comment is the EPITOMY of being thin-skinned. The McCain campaign took a statement that even he has used, and turned it into a personal attack, when obviously it was not.

"OH NO! THE LIBERAL MEDIA IS ATTACKING AGAIN!"

Thin-skinned AND hypocritical. Palin supporters have become the worst, and most thin-skinned, of the bunch.

I suppose that its a matter of perspective. Obama supporters, especially on this board see nothing wrong with their candidate at all. Same goes with some McCain supporters here.

I see it from both sides. I see weaknesses, strengths, trends and things that flat out don't work. I said that it was a mistake for McCain to take this as an affront and it was a mistake for Obama to make the comment to begin with. If you honestly think that there was no forethought in that statement, there is little hope for you. Politics rarely is not calculated.

Some people just have myopic vision and can't see the truth.

Archived