Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to put bags over our head?

FanSinceSonnyJ

Please don't sink to this level. What a baby.

We have two playoff seasons in the last three years, have a new coaching staff, and you want to act like we're hopeless...

I think you should personally wear a bag, but not because you're a "fan" of this team. Pathetic...

Fans like you give the Skins a bad name. I will stay loyal and patient behind this team.

haha wait is that for real?

I would always get pissed when people spelled it maroon but hate the guys that correct spelling so never did...

moron

edit: you ovsiously can say it...so now im confused

Hahaha. It's not in the profanity filter. It will show up and all. But I'm pretty sure the mods frown upon using the word to insult someone.

Your right!!! Watching this football team last night made me feel bad for Redskin’s fans. Over the past several years every excuse has been made for this team from Dan Snyder to Cerrato. Even the coaches have even been blamed, but coach’s coach and players play.

The reality is that many of the players on the Redskin’s have marginal talent. In fact, there may be six or seven players on this team that should actually be starters. Portis, Carter, Fletcher, Landry, Samuels, and Moss. While watching the game last night, I kept seeing Shawn Springs on the sideline laughing. I couldn’t help but wonder what was so funny; your team is getting whipped. This team has no passion. Jason Campbell is not the future, Carlos Rogers is a bust, Smoot should be a nickel corner, and the defensive line cannot pressure anyone. Stop making excuses for this team. If anything this team is a coach killer. No one has found success coaching this team on a consistent basis.

I had the pleasure of going to the Carolina Panthers game a few weeks ago and had to endure the abuse, yet honest criticism of this team. They continue to look like a bunch of High School football players. I spent $300.00 on tickets and yet many Redskins’ fans pay much more every season. The fans deserves better.

I swear that some folks seem to think that this team is going to go 16-0 and whenever they lose, the world completely comes to an end. They looked bad. They looked real bad. They lost their first game. They might look bad next week. They might lose again.

Guess what: The Giants looked PUTRID the first 2 weeks of last year, managed to put it together enough to stay in the race, and won the superbowl. They looked PUTRID against the 'Skins at their place late in the season.

I beg and plead with everybody to just give it some time. The only thing we know now is that they won't go 16-0. Get them at home, in the "friendly confines" of FedEx field, with another few days to prepare, and not on national TV against the defending SB champs in a game that was set up for them to win, and let's just see what happens.

I had the pleasure of going to the Carolina Panthers game a few weeks ago and had to endure the abuse, yet honest criticism of this team. They continue to look like a bunch of High School football players. I spent $300.00 on tickets and yet many Redskins’ fans pay much more every season. The fans deserves better.

You may have made some very nice points here but my eyes exploded as I read the first sentence.

Danny needs a "yes" man around. He's not looking for real criticism or growth (which I think Marty S. tried to provide) he's an echo chamber. Dan says, "Vinny, we need to score more points, let's move to the WCO offense and draft some offensive firepower in this draft. Can we do this?" And Vinny says, yes, Mr. Snyder most definitely. That's the way this front office works.

Agreed. Great point. Sad.

Last week I faced ridicule by countless around here comparing Zorn to Spurrier. After our season opener it is looking like I just may be on to something.

This team looks awful. In fairness to Zorn we just don't have players. Our OL and DL is mediocre at best, Portiss still can play, our CB's are always getting nicked up. As for our "great" draft that included 3 recievers in the 2nd round and pretty much nothing else, it's looking as if these guys will be longterm projects if they can even stay on the team. Campbell is proving he's not an NFL caliber QB. He takes too long to set up and too long to make decisions.

Not sure why it's always groundhog day with each new season under Vinny's "great" management.

Very discouraging. Sadly, it looks like we have a very long season ahead as I don't see us beating anybody. We look pathetic on both sides of the ball.

Is NY that bad of a ball team?

Last week I faced ridicule by countless around here comparing Zorn to Spurrier. After our season opener it is looking like I just may be on to something.

This team looks awful. In fairness to Zorn we just don't have players. Our OL and DL is mediocre at best, Portiss still can play, our CB's are always getting nicked up. As for our "great" draft that included 3 recievers in the 2nd round and pretty much nothing else, it's looking as if these guys will be longterm projects if they can even stay on the team. Campbell is proving he's not an NFL caliber QB. He takes too long to set up and too long to make decisions.

Not sure why it's always groundhog day with each new season under Vinny's "great" management.

Very discouraging. Sadly, it looks like we have a very long season ahead as I don't see us beating anybody. We look pathetic on both sides of the ball.

Hate to break it to you.....but the great majority of this abortion was caused by Gibbs 2.

What did we give up for JC again? 2 first rounders, AND a second rounder?

Thanks Joe....great job. :2cents:

No bags over my head yet but I will totally do it if we are like 2-10 at some point this season and I will do it AND I will go to the games and I will root for this team. I am not afraid to be that fan! I will support this team regardless. There is something honorable about those fans that go to the games of the 2-10 teams and WHEN (not if) we get back to glory I will remember those bag over the head days!

On this we can agree. I've been a fan since the Otto Graham days that featured Sonny and Charlie Taylor. I'll continue to be one no matter how maddening it is with Vinny/Danny calling the shots. :D

Hate to break it to you.....but the great majority of this abortion was caused by Gibbs 2.

What did we give up for JC again? 2 first rounders, AND a second rounder?

Thanks Joe....great job. :2cents:

No doubt Gibbs II was a dissapointment in just about every respect. However, as I've stated before, he earned a free pass from me based on his great success in the Gibbs I era.

Archived