Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We might lose Thursday, but not because of....

NoCalMike

One factor going into Thursday that I think a lot of experts and maybe even some of our own fans are overlooking is our running game.

With Strahan's retirment and Osi's injury and the Giants all but laying their "desperation" cards on the table with their latest signings. How in the world can a competent argument be made that they are going to be able to stop the 1-2 combination of Portis & Betts?

Going into this season I think our offense early on is going to have the most success when they face teams they can run the ball efficiently against because it will take the pressure off of Campbell running the new system.

I honestly feel we are going to be able to pound the ball down their throats which will open up oppurtunities against the Giants overrated secondary(I mean come on, any secondary would be good when the opposing team's QB is under pressure on every play)

Redskins 24

Giants 21

:cheers::2cents:

dude team can have 300 yeards rushing but small little mistake like fumble in endzone can cost you the game. Its not just pounding the ball thats gonna win it, but scoring too dont forget that.

I would challenge the call. Fumbling in the endzone is clearly a TD!!!

I kid, i kid. I know you mean Redzone.

But running the ball is key in this game. We have the tools to do it, and I see the G-men's front 7 giving up the yards.

One factor going into Thursday that I think a lot of experts and maybe even some of our own fans are overlooking is our running game.

With Strahan's retirment and Osi's injury and the Giants all but laying their "desperation" cards on the table with their latest signings. How in the world can a competent argument be made that they are going to be able to stop the 1-2 combination of Portis & Betts?

Going into this season I think our offense early on is going to have the most success when they face teams they can run the ball efficiently against because it will take the pressure off of Campbell running the new system.

I honestly feel we are going to be able to pound the ball down their throats which will open up oppurtunities against the Giants overrated secondary(I mean come on, any secondary would be good when the opposing team's QB is under pressure on every play)

Redskins 24

Giants 21

:cheers::2cents:

The Skins have to push the ball down the field, also. I think Zorn wants to keep defense off balance. But most important, the Skins must score points. Be aggressive, no conservative offense. This what got the team in trouble last year.

Last year, in December, we beat the Giants in NY by running the draw play with great success. It was so windy that neither QB could really throw effectively so we ran several draw plays for good yardage. Maybe you're on to something and we will be able to run it well.

I just hope the Giants don't do the same thing to us. They've got some good backs on their side too. Turnovers, punting, field goals will be huge in this game....we can't beat ourselves!

I think defensively, we will have to watch a good run game the Giants have. McIntosh hasn't looked as sharp, he will need to be on his toes. Brandon Jacobs runs hard and is quick. At least we don't have Shockey to worry about, for the Giants at least. Laron is going to have to be on his best to stretch Plaxico out once again.

It's the biggest thing being overlooked. Hard running is going to win this game.

This is won on the ground. Our dominate RBs vs a beat up Dline and their dominate RBs vs our pass rushing Dline.

On another note, I got a bet going with a buddy at work for who will throw more INT's, Cambell or Manning. I went for Cambell (He's a Giants fan), but if you ask me it's a toss up :rolleyes:

Tuck and Oskawjwerioaweri (sp?) aren't chopped liver. I hope the Redskins can run on them, but they aren't band by any means.

HTTR

it would be tuck and mathias kiwanuka at the ends. osi is on IR. kiwanuka hasnt played DE in two years i believe so he could be a target, but tuck is someone to worry about.

I agree that we should be able to run the ball against the Giants, especially if JC has some success early with quick hit throws that forces the defense to play the pass. I think that CP will have a huge game, and the Giants weakness against the run will be exposed. How our defense plays will also be a huge factor, as the Giants will try to establish the run with Jacobs and Bradshaw. In the end we keep it close and squeak out a win.

Well, running the ball may be a winning move, if the WCO is not yet fully functioning satisfactorily, but it all depends in the new play caller observing the WCO short passes are not working and shift the focus to the running game. Will he? Will he do it in time, if the needs arises?

Which, in your mind, is more important to the new play caller - making the WCO work in the first game or winning the first game?

Archived