Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Wise: Left Chilled By Draft (M.E.T.)

Rypien1191

Do you like green candy?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like green candy?

• Yes, it's delish
    • No, that **** is foul!

Since when did writers become football experts? How would they know who outplayed who.

I love Zorn but you can see why Gibbs told the media almost nothing...they use all of the information against you. He made a mistake calling out Kelly and Thomas in the media and now those guys have to read about it in every article.

Interesting article. Seem very unprofessional. Its an insult to Zorn to make such guesses publicly. I am really disappointed with the post. I really thought they were better thatn that. As far as Brooks goes, if a veteran punter who is inconsistant, comes up slightly better than a brand new rookie (with a great record) I go with the rookie, if I can afford to. Mainly because what Frost was doing over the last few years was weak, bottom quarter of the NFL. Unless the rookie stinks it up, he has much more upside. I'm comparing the rookies worst to the veterans best and they are almost equal. Of course if the team can afford it, I keep the rookie.

http://dcprosportsreport.com/?p=976

There is our response. Frost is unbelievable. Talk about burning bridges. Did her ever think maybe his inconsistency got him to where he is today? Fact is, Brooks was not take in the 6th round for nothing. Brooks did nothing to give the Redskins reason not to keep him. Frost punted well, But, he did in pre-season 2007 too.

Yawn. It was even going into the last game.

From the other WT Frost thread:

Punting stats from WAS vs JAX:

.............................FROST...........BROOKS

AVGs

Yards.......................45.7...............38

Net Avg....................31..................37

OpTmAvgFldPos..........38.7...............20

Seriously... he was just outplayed. And his shank didn't help either.

Normally, Wise does a pretty good job, but this column is weaksauce. No, Brooks doesn't need to be Reggie Roby. He just needs to be better than Frost.

He's probably right that Frost was the one trying out and Brooks just needed to show he could be consistent. That being said, we aren't talking about one of the better punters in the league. We are talking about a guy who has been rated toward the bottom of the league for most of this career.

And he points out average when he ignores net average, which is where Brooks wins. It isn't just about how far one kicks but also hangtime and control. I don't know how either rate in that department, but they seem to like what Brooks showed.

Fact is, if Frost was doing a good job in the coaching staffs eyes, Brooks wouldn't have been drafted.

Jason

Normally, Wise does a pretty good job, but this column is weaksauce. No, Brooks doesn't need to be Reggie Roby. He just needs to be better than Frost.

He's probably right that Frost was the one trying out and Brooks just needed to show he could be consistent. That being said, we aren't talking about one of the better punters in the league. We are talking about a guy who has been rated toward the bottom of the league for most of this career.

And he points out average when he ignores net average, which is where Brooks wins. It isn't just about how far one kicks but also hangtime and control. I don't know how either rate in that department, but they seem to like what Brooks showed.

Fact is, if Frost was doing a good job in the coaching staffs eyes, Brooks wouldn't have been drafted.

Jason

FTW. :applause: End Thread.

Keep Frost and our blundering FO not only wastes a "premium" sixth round pick but Brooks' potential is wisely scooped up by some "brilliant" FO. (read any FO not associated with Snyder)

Cut Frost and a conspiracy to undermine the "fair play" of a competition between a mediocre incumbant and a highly touted rookie is presumed.

When Brooks was drafted, all pretty much agreed that it was Brooks' job to lose and Frost's job to win it back.

Frosty's shank just reminded all as to why Brooks was drafted in the first place.

That is truly funny. Exactly the type of article I expect from the WP.

First, let's address Frost's comments. Maybe he should visit Rhinehart before he leaves and tell him that he sucks, since that's basically what he said about the draft picks. The players should be glad Frost is gone. I know the defense will be. He reminds of kid crossing his arms and stomping away. Sorry Frost, but a few good kicks during preseason does not erase memories. THEY DRAFTED A PUNTER!! WAS THE WRITING ON THE WALL IN SHORTHAND?

As for the article, the writer lost all credibility at the end. What's with the "called out by a punter, ouch" comment? That sounds like something a teenager would say. How many times has Wise covered Frost? Or did he just use the situation(i'm sure at the request of WP management) to produce another subjective, narrowminded article?

The WP vs Cerrato/Snyder thing is going overboard. Dan needs to realize he will have to deal with this crap until he decides to put them on the payroll. This is DC Dan. The Post wants to get paid. The politicians must have tightened the old purse strings the last few years.

Oh, this is pathetic lol....And yeah, for such an apparently evenhanded journalist, you do have to wonder why he ignored the NET punting average in his article, as well as the average length of return and average starting position. My first guess is to say that he ignored it because all three probably weaken his case for Frost (or rather, against Cerrato).

And this doozy just topped the needle on my Hooey Meter:

From all the buttery comments from Smith about the kid during training camp, to the way in which Frost wasn't even told he would be punting until the day of a game, this contest was rigged.

Even I knew which games Frost would be punting in lol...how the hell did HE not know? Zorn said explicitely who would be punting in which games, and damn if that didn't turn out to be the case. I can't believe Wise just printed that comment by Frost as fact, and without catching that it has to be nonsense.

Frost didn't win the job, yes he looked better than he had, but even he said he plays better when there is competition, so we give him the job then when there is no competition he would go back mediocre. We are much better off going with a strong legged rookie who looked just as good as Frost did in preseason. The only rookie that should have been cut was Tryon, but it wasn't like we had a CB that was alot better than him that got cut. Tryon may still get cut if they decide to sign a better CB off of waivers.

Regardless, it seems unlikely that in the event Brooks starts out struggling, that we'll see Mr. Frost in town again. The Redskins are an organization that cycles and recycles through kickers like no other. Frost would have been wise to shut his hole and tried to find work elsewhere. If he caught on...good for him. If not, he would have just been a phone call away. :doh:

Oh, this is pathetic lol....And yeah, for such an apparently evenhanded journalist, you do have to wonder why he ignored the NET punting average in his article, as well as the average length of return and average starting position. My first guess is to say that he ignored it because all three probably weaken his case for Frost (or rather, against Cerrato).

And this doozy just topped the needle on my Hooey Meter:

Even I knew which games Frost would be punting in lol...how the hell did HE not know? Zorn said explicitely who would be punting in which games, and damn if that didn't turn out to be the case. I can't believe Wise just printed that comment by Frost as fact, and without catching that it has to be nonsense.

I couldn't believe that either. He basically slandered the FO by alleging they engaged in wrongful termination.

Archived