Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Final 53 Man Roster. PS, IR, and PUP included.

“Misdirection”

In case anyone was wondering...

Average age (as of today):

Overall: 27.5

Starters: 29.2

Offense: 28.4

Offensive starters: 29.9

Defense: 26.6

Defensive starters: 28.5

Oldest unit: OLine (29.7)

QBs: 29.0

RBs: 29.0

STs: 28.7

CBs: 27.8

LBs: 27.5

DEs: 27.2

WRs: 26.6

DTs: 26.3

TEs: 26.0

Youngest unit: Safeties (24.0)

Nice Cali. Do you mind if i put this in the OP? I'll give you credit.

"I feel like I was dealt with dishonestly," Frost said. "I want to thank Danny Smith for the three years he gave me here, and I feel like he always treated me well, and I will continue to think that. But I think we all know who made the decision, and when you've got a draft that isn't starting to look so good, you're going to do whatever you can to make it look as good as possible."

I figured this was the reason we kept all 10 picks.

something smells funny with only keeping 5 wide receivers.. two being rookies who have yet to do much of anything other than collect a paycheck and run a few drills.

I think it may have been reported somewhere on the internet, that the team plans to move Justin Tryon to WR.

Guess since he has had great looks at other people catching passes, he probally has learned something. ;)

something smells funny with only keeping 5 wide receivers.. two being rookies who have yet to do much of anything other than collect a paycheck and run a few drills.

I agree they have to have someone in mind they want to sign. I was wondering about Ashley Lelie he didnt do much for the 49ers, but was pretty good for the Broncos who run a WCO.

A couple thoughts

1) I'm kinda of worried about the lack of receiving depth on the final 53

2) 10 D Linemen seems like overkill

3) To bad there wasn't a spot for Mason

4) Good riddance to Frosty

5) Congrats Justin Hamilton, he surely made the most of an opportunity

6) Justin Tyron, SERIOUSLY???

"I feel like I was dealt with dishonestly," Frost said. "I want to thank Danny Smith for the three years he gave me here, and I feel like he always treated me well, and I will continue to think that. But I think we all know who made the decision, and when you've got a draft that isn't starting to look so good, you're going to do whatever you can to make it look as good as possible."

Hmmmm...interesting.

I think keeping Tyron was a bad move from watching preseason. Maybe they seen other things in training camp or something but dude showed me nothing. He's mad short, was gettin burned on 1 on 1 coverage.

I know Frost is pissed!

Keeping only 5 WR's must mean Kelly isnt hurt that bad.

Ok, I was all for wishing Frost good luck wherever he latches onto, but that quote is asinine lol...Yes, the Skins' FO was only concerned as to how the draft was looking in the public's eyes for the next 5 days lol :rolleyes:...because we all know that once the regular season starts, it has NO effect on how fans view the success of the draft :D...

Not to mention Frost would have to look long and hard for any Skins fan who wanted him kept over Brooks...or wanted him kept, period, even if a punter had NOT been drafted.

Thanks for posting this for us!

Hey, I like Frost a lot and have appreciated his improvement over the years and have been a fan. How many kickers are as tough as him, i.e. make tackles like he does? I wish him all the luck in the world. The guy gave his all to this team and he has a right to his feelings. Even the media said they shouldn't have called it a "contest" if it really wasn't one. They obviously weren't going to go with Frost unless Brooks was terrible.

I, too, am disappointed they are basically letting Mason go. Sorry to see McMullen, Richardson, and my Auburn boy Mix of course get cut as well.

BTW, Carlos Rogers went to AUBURN! :)

There were a lot of tough decisions that had to be made here. I was surprised by some of the decisions -- I also wonder if this will be the actual final configuration of the team.

Also, I think some other teams are going to give strong consideration to picking up some of those players the Skins had to cut. With that in mind, I'm hoping that some of the more promising still make it to the Skins practice squad.

this final roster looks very strange to me. five safties? that will change. that many DEs? i thought they would cut c wilson or r jackson. only three ready to perform recievers? i don't see what the point of making a roster that you dont even plan to keep for very long, which i hope we do not do. could somone clue me in as to why we would create this roster if we are just going to change it?
:(

:rotflmao: It's in alphabetical order. :D

I'm a Campbell supporter.

:cheers: You know, I checked at least twice before I made that post, but I only looked at the order of the numbers - didn't even notice the alphabetical order within each position.

Thanks again.

Ok, I was all for wishing Frost good luck wherever he latches onto, but that quote is asinine lol...Yes, the Skins' FO was only concerned as to how the draft was looking in the public's eyes for the next 5 days lol ...because we all know that once the regular season starts, it has NO effect on how fans view the success of the draft ...

Not to mention Frost would have to look long and hard for any Skins fan who wanted him kept over Brooks...or wanted him kept, period, even if a punter had NOT been drafted.

Seriously. I knew as soon as the Skins drafted Brooks that Frost would have a good camp. That's what he does. When his individual job is on the line, he performs great. However, during the season when the game's on the line, he's not nearly as consistent. I think the coaches realized this, and Brooks would have had to be flat out terrible to lose the job.

Also, kudos on the age stats. I did that for the DL only, just because I wanted to confirm what I thought: the DL has, in 2 years time, become one of the youngest units on the team. I think in another couple of years the OL will join them. Then, some fans will have to find something else to complain about.

After reading that quote...Frost is a chump and I hope he latches on to the CFL. The guy got beat man...he stepped it up in terms of distance, had a great preseason, but guess what pal. You WERE even with Brooks. And Brooks is a kid with THIRTEEN punts under his belt to your, how many in your career? You at the TOP of your game could barely compete with a guy who is just starting his.

Seems like a no brainer to me. Youre out, get over it. Go sign in the division, it wont be a surprise when you do you traitorous SOB.

After reading that quote...Frost is a chump and I hope he latches on to the CFL. The guy got beat man...he stepped it up in terms of distance, had a great preseason, but guess what pal. You WERE even with Brooks. And Brooks is a kid with THIRTEEN punts under his belt to your, how many in your career? You at the TOP of your game could barely compete with a guy who is just starting his.

Seems like a no brainer to me. ....

:cheers: QFT

One thing about Tryon is he makes tackles...he tackles and attacks to tackle of someone way bigger than him...and he's built for it and not lanky like smoot who gives himself a stinger after every tackle....he will be a fine nickle DB(who normally watch the slot WR who generally are the smaller/speedier guys and he will match up great with them....thats all he was drafted for, they even said it...we'll take a starting corner in the first two rounds next or the following year...Tryon will be fine and will replace us having to use someone like Prileou/Fox in nickel and dime as we had in the past) with teaching/practice.

Archived