Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Final 53 Man Roster. PS, IR, and PUP included.

“Misdirection”

what this tells me is that the team has some younger player on the DL that Blache and Zorn believe are worth keeping and developing (Jackson, Wilson, James etc.) at the cost of players at more plentiful positions (Mason, McMullen, Mix, etc.).

Agreed. I think it's a lot easier to find players to fill in at the WR and RB positions. It's worth more to keep players with potential at the less plentiful positions like DL then a player or two from a group with about an equal skill set and potential.

Tryon did get better as the preseason went on, while he got beat a lot in the Jax game, he at least knew what his assignments were, unlike early on when he was looking pretty lost out there.

Personally, I didn't think it was enough to keep him, but maybe they feel that they can stash Richardson on the PS easier than Tryon.

Jason

Personally, I think Tryon looked much better than Richardson. I do hope Richardson makes the PS though, I think he has potential.

I think it's the end of the line for Westbrook though. He's the one that really looks lost out there.

Personally, I think Tryon looked much better than Richardson. I do hope Richardson makes the PS though, I think he has potential.

I don't agree with you there. Richardson at least made some plays, and the deep pass he gave up in the Jax game was against a former top 10 pick known for his speed. Tryon hasn't made many plays, and it has mostly been tackling on running downs.

I think it's the end of the line for Westbrook though. He's the one that really looks lost out there.

I agree with this. I've seen very little improvement in him. I think Richardson takes his PS spot.

Jason

26 defense

24 offense

something tells me Justim Hamilton will still be a bubble player all season.

I'm thinking the same thing. I think he (or another safety, although doubtful b/c they're draft picks) will be cut eventually for another WR. One that gets cut (Most Likely) or one that we trade for.

Not a big name receiver but a trade like how we did for Erasmus James.

I'm thinking one of the DE's will end up cut or demoted to the PS before long. We only have 5WRs, two of which are supposedly useless to us. That scares me just a bit. We have 9 OL guys too, so one of them still may not stick.

I recall the joy last year when Mason made the cut only to be demoted to the PS after week 1 because we needed to call Stoutmire back at S after a few injuries.

Time for some baseless opinions of our roster.

We're are definitely going to need to draft a corner next year with Springs getting up there. Fletcher will be solid this year, but we'll need another LB to step up if Fincher/Blades don't do it. Other than that, we can finally start to focus on our lines next year, hopefully.

I thought it was crazy for Mason not to make this team. He should have been on there. I thought that McMullen played his way onto this team. I thought that he did everything that was asked of him. It was too bad because at the beginning of training camp I would have thought that Kelly was going to be the best one of the draft picks and so far of the ones that they have kept, he has been the worst. It is a shame that he has a spot over people who have worked and attempted to earn a spot.

The only thing that really concerns me with this roster is the fact that 3 of the 5 safeties have 1 year or less in the league. Alot of inexperience if GOD forbid one of the starters goes down. As far as the whole Mason/McMullin debate goes, While I like both equally as much I too am on the bandwagon of if we needed other bodies at a position of concern, then losing these two to strengthin the over all team is a neccesary evil with the 53 man roster.

Thanks for posting the roster that made it easy for me. I think someone will get cut to fit another WR in there when one comes that they thing is worth picking up.

I'm alittle scared about the opener but I am excited,I think the Real Redskins Offense will so up in NewYork. I Hope:point2sky:dallasuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck

Tryon was really pathetic for a fourth round pick. Holt and Westbrook were no better, but they didn't deserve to be within light years of the 53 man roster. We're going to have to draft another CB next year if we don't address the position in free agency (Springs isn't getting any younger).

justin tryon has only been with us for one pre-season, PRE-SEASON sure hes looked bad, but cmon, how bout we give him on full year maybe to improve. Hes got good ones to learn from. He was kept on the roster for a reason, and that is not just becuase he was a 4th round pick, because many higher picks have been cut in pre-season before.

5 Brennan, Colt QB 6'3" 201 lbs R Hawaii

17 Campbell, Jason QB 6'5'' 233 lbs 4 Auburn

15 Collins, Todd QB 6'4'' 225 lbs 14 Michigan

:D Not this year, buddy.

Thanks for posting the complete roster, though.

Here's hoping San Diego doesn't snap Crummey up before the Skins can stash him on the PS. He was originally picked up by SD just after the draft, but they let him go since he was still recovering from the injury. He looks fully healed now, though, and looked pretty good filling in at center in the Jets game. Hopefully him and Brown can show up next year and earn their way onto the team. If that happens, the Skins will get younger on the OL in a hurry...they've already gotten young on the DL (at least on the bench).

I really think we should give our two rookie receivers a break ... here is a tidbit about limas sweed.

Sweed has gone through a spotty training camp in which he's dropped passes and suffered a number of nagging injuries

Sound familiar?

That's a good point. I'm not going to judge either guy negatively or positively for at least 2 seasons. Remember, it took the Vikings 3 years to finally give up on Troy Williamson - I think these guys should be given that chance as well.

something smells funny with only keeping 5 wide receivers.. two being rookies who have yet to do much of anything other than collect a paycheck and run a few drills.

I havent had a chance to watch most of the preseason game but I guess I am hearing we will be using lot of 3 WR packages. So hearing that its kind of "weird" that we are only carrying 5 WRs... with the 2 rookie WRs who basically hasnt played in the preseason games, losing even one of our top 3 WR would hurt us badly...

I am guessing maybe we will go more toward 2 TEs sets then with Cooley having an option to go into the slot for the 3 WR sets.. did they run any of that during preseason?

26 defense

24 offense

something tells me Justim Hamilton will still be a bubble player all season.

Prolly until we find another WR to plug in. I feel like we're just designating him (or someone comparable) until we give other teams some time to dump a WR we would wanna bring in. I really can't imagine Zorn being content w/ essentially 4 WR right now, given Kelly's health. Thomas certainly hasn't done enough in the games to make us feel content with his progression GOING INTO THE SEASON. (notice I never mentioned bust)

Archived