Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Final 53 Man Roster. PS, IR, and PUP included.

“Misdirection”

Tryon was really pathetic for a fourth round pick. Holt and Westbrook were no better, but they didn't deserve to be within light years of the 53 man roster. We're going to have to draft another CB next year if we don't address the position in free agency (Springs isn't getting any younger).

:applause: I agree

Anyone have R.Cartwrights' stats for preseason? I'd like to know how he got a roster spot vs. Mason!

I wish Mason the best and hope he gets on a team and runs all over the 'skins when/ if they play!

:rolleyes:

I hope the Skins hold Mason to -57 yards when and if they play, because NO 2nd year practice squad preseason wonder is ever going to trump the team in my eyes. But that's just me.

And to answer your question...

Cartwright, in preseason:

20 carries

158 yards

7.9 ypc

Cartwright, in regular season:

146 carries

647 yards

4.4 ypc

6 TDs

Not bad for a #3 running back.

I really hope that after all the teams make their moves on players who were cut they drop Jackson to the PS and get another WR, maybe even McMullen if he doesn't get picked up.

I can understand 5 safeties, (that is what we had last year) I think Moore/Horton/Hamilton have a lot of special teams play expected of them, plus Hamilton actually has starting experience, something we're very short on in that unit.

QB's...spot on

RB...I really wish we could've kept Mason. At the very least I think he could've gotten us trade bait if a team without star running backs, or nothing decent after the starter, ended up getting one injured. At most, he gave us a good developing young guy when all of our RB's are 7 years in +

FB...This is fine.

TE...Ditto

WR...Nervous with the way Thomas has played thus far, and the way Kelly HASN'T played. Would've liked to see McMullen kept, even if it was just for part way through the season. Keep him on speed dial in case anyone goes down in the season (unless its Thrash, then see if Mix has a job)

O-Line...I can't complain, but I'm nervous about Crummy on the PS. I'd very much like to see us keep him. I think its important we start developing our next generation of O-Line. Rinehart, Crummy, Geisinger, Brown, Heyer would be a nice developing young line for us I think and keeping them all around at least in some way would be smart. Hoping he can be kept on the PS.

DT....Boschetti did a good showing, but I think we're good with these 4 as I see Evans moving inside occasionally as well. This is also a relatively young group, continuing to give us youth for the future.

DE....6 is a large number here, but I also agree with it to a point. First, Evans can be moved inside when needed. Second, both Carter and Taylor are hardly "young" in this league. Jackon, Wilson, and James give us some young fresh guys that we can start grooming to be our DE's of the future.

LB...Good group but we gotta keep these guys healthy. McIntosh and Blades are going to be here for a good long time if w're smart, and I hope we can find a good third true gamer Linebacker like these two to round it out in next years draft. There should be a plethora of them.

CBs....Really worried about Tryon and hope we keep our guys healthy ahead of him so they don't need to play him. However, his speed makes him worthy enough to start developing him. Get Richardson on the PS. Goodbye Westbrook

Saftey's...I don't think we need 5, but I can't argue with it either. Landry's a beast, the rookies show promise, Doughty's solid, and Hamilton proved himself.

So glad we kept brooks.

Anyone have R.Cartwrights' stats for preseason? I'd like to know how he got a roster spot vs. Mason!

I wish Mason the best and hope he gets on a team and runs all over the 'skins when/ if they play!

I don't care if you have 500+ posts........this has to be said: :troll:

Watch Cooley and Randel El be the two main options in the slot, while Davis plays alot of TE.

Moss and ARE will be playing their usual flanker and slot positions respectively. Davis could see time at TE with Cooley at Split End if Kelly isn't ready to go this year or anytime soon.

I dont see Kerry Brown on the IR and hasent been on IR in weeks. Does anyone know exactly what happened with him I was hoping they would hold on to him! This list again shows him on IR but I just checked again and hes not listed! Anyone?

I put him on there because in another thread about Brown it was stated that they had put him on IR earlier. I don't think Redskins.com has updated it yet.

nothin wrong with wishing a guy good luck, is there?

I am still a 'skins fan but I don't agree with; imo, "stupid" decisions. I believe Mason earned Cartwrights' spot.

is that all you think you did...wished him luck? lol :doh:

Let me fill you in...

"Good luck, Mason...hope you are able to latch onto a team and get some real time carries" is considered wishing him good luck.

"Rock Cartwright doesn't deserve to be on the team, Mason does! I hope Mason goes to another team and runs all over the Skins when they play against him!" is NOT wishing him luck. It's showing an immature anger at the team for daring to release a 4th string player who was average at best on special teams...and hoping the team does poorly against him because of it.

I'm still shaking my head at some of players cut. It seems that management wants to send the message that they were perfect in their draft picks by keeping all ten of them. Like, "we knew what we were doing." ;)

JMHO, but I'm always right. :silly:

HAIL!

Lol. I guess so. But when you think about it, many of the draft picks were better or had much more upside then their competition (except maybe Tryon, but I see why he made the team). I think as we stand right now the Bottom of the draft class is proving itself, and the top of it needs to catch up.

Archived