Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Final 53 Man Roster. PS, IR, and PUP included.

“Misdirection”

I thought Marcus Mason would have at least made the practice squad. Like I said before, he is going to be one of those players that are going to end up hurting us for another team in the end. I think Colt Brennan should be the number two QB. He is a master of the West Coast offense and Collins seemed like he was struggling with it during the preseason. Collins is going to get the nod because of the expierience factor but I still feel more comfortable with #5 as the backup.:point2sky

I thought Marcus Mason would have at least made the practice squad. Like I said before, he is going to be one of those players that are going to end up hurting us for another team in the end. I think Colt Brennan should be the number two QB. He is a master of the West Coast offense and Collins seemed like he was struggling with it during the preseason. Collins is going to get the nod because of the expierience factor but I still feel more comfortable with #5 as the backup.:point2sky

I agree that Brennan looked more comfortable with the offense this pre-season. But I think the reason Collins is the #2 is because he knows how to play in the NFL a lot better the Colt. He has experience with reading the defense and the speed of the game.

However, next year, once Colt becomes used to the NFL speed and is better at reading defenses, he should challenge Collins for the #2 spot.:2cents:

looks like a contending team to me

I dont know....... Overall the starters dont look too bad, but that defense looks paper thin...

If Torrence or Tryon have to play an extended period of time, that would be a very bad thing... Tryon has been horrible in the preseason! And Torrence didn't look much better last season....

Doughty's a mediocre Safety to begin with, but if he or Landry go down, that would also be a very bad thing.... Horton looks like a hitter, but I'm not sure how he would fair in coverage...

McIntosh, Fletcher, and Washington make for a pretty nice starting LB group... But if I'm not mistaken, isn't McIntosh still hurt? Also Marcus is a very good LB, but at his age, with his recent history.......

Not trying to hate too much, every team is thin at some position(s).....

Practice Squad Update

Posted on September 1, 2008 by Matt Terl

http://theredskinsblog.com/2008/09/01/practice-squad-update/

Tyler Ecker did NOT sign to the practice squad, despite the rumors to the contrary (including the one that I myself propagated). The team has instead signed their third Devin (alongside Thomas and practice-squad O lineman Clark) in Devin Aromashodu.

Aromashodu played with the Colts last season and was in their training camp until Saturday’s cuts. He will forever be immortalized in Colts lore for catching the first Colts touchdown in new Lucas Oil Stadium, a 94-yarder from Quinn Gray. (Note that neither of those guys was immortalized enough to actually, say, make the Colts roster or anything. I’m sure the play will still live in infamy, though.)

Like departed fan-favorite Anthony Mix, Aromashodu played with Jason Campbell at Auburn, which is probably the most relevant thing about him — in fact, the two connected for a touchdown in the 2005 Sugar Bowl.

How on earth did Tryon make this team? There is no way that he should be on this team vs. Mason. I know that Zorn said that he didn't know the playbook, but come on? His results showed through the preseason. I don't know how tryon made this team considering he must have had about 7 passes completed on him during the Jacksonville game. I realize that he was matched up against a TE on one TD, but serious there is no way he should be even on the practice squad over mason. I still can't belive that Tryon is on this team and Mason is not.

How on earth did Tryon make this team? There is no way that he should be on this team vs. Mason. I know that Zorn said that he didn't know the playbook, but come on? His results showed through the preseason. I don't know how tryon made this team considering he must have had about 7 passes completed on him during the Jacksonville game. I realize that he was matched up against a TE on one TD, but serious there is no way he should be even on the practice squad over mason. I still can't belive that Tryon is on this team and Mason is not.

I know it seems that way, but the Coaches and FO probably think that Tryon has upside and he can get better. Mason is a great runner, but he was just to invaluable on the roster as the 4th RB. Especially because he doesn't play special teams.

Thomas hasn't looked so hot either but not everyone wants him cut. Give Tryon a chance, he could get better. I trust that the team kept him for a reason, they aren't retarded.

And If your basing it off of the Jaguar game then you should know that he was lining up against people a whole foot or so taller then him. I don't care how fast he may or may not be, but that is almost an impossible task. (Yes, yes I know, Darrell Green. Tryon is NOT the athlete Green was. Not even close.)

I <3 our movement to a younger football team. Our average age is now 29.2 Wasn't it around 31 last year?

You can thank our 10 draft picks for that. :cheers:

Archived