Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its time for Cerato to go...draft is a disaster

Ji

I don't believe it was, Zorn said he wanted a young QB and told Cerrato a list of names, Cerrato got the one that was BPA at any one of their picks.

Regardless, a nice pick up.

According to the last preseason game, (Madden or Micheals) said that Zorn played golf with June Jones & Colt Brennan. When Colt entered the draft this year, Zorn called up Jones for his advice on Brennan. Jones said with the right coach he would do well. Maybe it was Vinny's final decision, but I suspect Zorn did all the leg work on this guy.

According to the last preseason game, (Madden or Micheals) said that Zorn played golf with June Jones & Colt Brennan. When Colt entered the draft this year, Zorn called up Jones for his advice on Brennan. Jones said with the right coach he would do well. Maybe it was Vinny's final decision, but I suspect Zorn did all the leg work on this guy.

if it turns out to be a good pick, most likely vinny didnt make it

It's a little early to be condemning Cerrato on the draft. Of our drafted players that actually took the field (except for Tryon) most have graded out well.

I am liking Fred Davis more and more. Durant is very steady. Jackson, Horton, Moore, Rinehart are solid players. And the the WRs may or may not blossom. Hopefully Stan Hixon can develop these WRs better than he has for other WRs. (Please don't get me started on Hixon: I just hope one day we let him go back to NCAAs where he belongs.[/COLOR].)

Oh yeah ... and just maybe it was worth the 6th-round flyer on Colt Brennan? Gosh, I've never seen so much buzz about a 6th round pick -- maybe the guy is worthy of consider for being NFL caliber after all? I certainly think so. I wonder how Madden's 2009 softeare might treat Brennan.

Regardless of where he winds up (PUP, IR, etc.) Kelly will be back. And he's going to fit the scheme very well. So, hopefully, maybe, someone can effectively teach Thomas how to use his god-given talents.

If so, ES fans may look back to the draft of 2008 as a major turning point in this franchise.

Please somebody help this guy. He is so far off base that he should be thrown out. We haven't played a regular season game yet. Where do these people come from.

please..ive been watching the skins for 25 years plus..i know football as well as anyone on this board.

please..ive been watching the skins for 25 years plus..i know football as well as anyone on this board.

Then relax. Anyone who knows the game knows you really can't judge a rookie based on their first couple of games.

Thomas and Kelly have both been hurt.

Davis, despite an earlier post by you stating he was a receiver, is a tight end. There is a difference between the two, which I'm sure you realize and just called him a receiver to try to sway opinion in an attempt to prove your point.

Well, this has to be in the Top 10 dumbest threads ever created. WR's rarely contribute alot their first year, not to mention its only freakin preseason. Fred Davis will contribute this year, I have a feeling Chad Rinehart will end up starting by the end of the year, the guy has looked good.Colt Brennan has looked like he should have been a 1st or 2nd round pick and we got him in the 6th. It takes atleast 3 years to judge a draft class. Braylon Edwards was drafted in 05 and didn't have a great year until last year. Kellen Winslow was hurt his first 2 years and now look at him. Malcolm Kelly has injuries if he can get over them he will be a big contributer to this team, maybe not this year,but down the rode.

Please somebody help this guy. He is so far off base that he should be thrown out. We haven't played a regular season game yet. Where do these people come from.

We get them in bulk from e-bay for to add some assorted flavor & cheap laughs to the board. Unfortuneatley, e-bay doesn't have a return policy.:(

Archived