Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Techno & Trance

djbubba4life

I know my bro in law listens to DJ Icey and he has some good stuff out there. I do like some techno, but I also have a really LARGE range in music style from country/bluegrass to rock to R&B/Hip-Hop. The type of music you'll fall in love with is the type that truly moves you .

To say out right that techno is TRASH is a rather ignorant statement. Learn to broaden your mind and ears :2cents:

I know my bro in law listens to DJ Icey and he has some good stuff out there. I do like some techno, but I also have a really LARGE range in music style from country/bluegrass to rock to R&B/Hip-Hop. The type of music you'll fall in love with is the type that truly moves you .

To say out right that techno is TRASH is a rather ignorant statement. Learn to broaden your mind and ears :2cents:

Maybe trash was harsh. Is crap better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8ShaF_tIY

As a person who used to listen to techno/trance/dnb/progressive for something like 13 years, I can honestly say it's all garbage. The scenes that envelope those genres of music are very eurotrashy and pretentious. When you get a chance, check out some EDM artists with some soul in their music like Kerri Chandler, Demarkus Lewis, or even Todd Terry.

As a person who used to listen to techno/trance/dnb/progressive for something like 13 years' date=' I can honestly say it's all garbage. The scenes that envelope those genres of music are very eurotrashy and pretentious. When you get a chance, check out some EDM artists with some soul in their music like Kerri Chandler, Demarkus Lewis, or even Todd Terry.[/quote']

pretentious is calling everything but soulful house garbage.

come back when you can tell me who put that genre of music on the map and where he is from and maybe ill actually think your opinion is retarded.

pretentious is calling everything but soulful house garbage.

I agree. That's why I'm only calling techno/trance/dnb/progressive garbage. Keep spending that $50 to see a DJ who gets paid $10,000 per appearance. Not every DJ makes that kind of dough, but the fact that a scene fosters "superstar" DJ status and then has the gall to rank artists (when did music become a competition?) is ridiculous.

come back when you can tell me who put that genre of music on the map and where he is from and maybe ill actually think your opinion is retarded.

What genre of music are you talking about? House? Soulful House (which isn't a genre, but rather 'House' with an adjective in front of it)? Spend a little time on your question and I'll answer it for you.

As a person who used to listen to techno/trance/dnb/progressive for something like 13 years' date=' I can honestly say it's all garbage. The scenes that envelope those genres of music are very eurotrashy and pretentious. When you get a chance, check out some EDM artists with some soul in their music like Kerri Chandler, Demarkus Lewis, or even Todd Terry.[/quote']

This may sound like a crazy question but if it was all crap, why did you bother listening to it for 13 years? I mean, that's a long time to torture yourself so.

Techno was very big in England in the late 80s and early 90s. Illegal and legal raves were held with many tens of thousands. Castlemorton was so large (~40,000 attended and lasted a week) that new laws were introduced to forbid them. :doh::laugh:

If you haven't checked them out, Future Sound of London, Orbital, Bizarre and Prodigy or course. And Spiral Tribe/Network 23

Archived