Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tom Brady comments on Redskins game in this month's Esquire Magazine

conkev12

You can read the entire article here:

http://www.esquire.com/features/the-game/tom-brady-0908

This is just a small little snippet of the article which mentions the game the Skins played against the Patriots last year:

So he's a priest of the new responsibility. Got it. But that doesn't jibe with the vision of him on a Sunday in October, hands on hips, helmet pushed up to its trademark 45-degree pitch, animatedly parsing the Patriots' various instruments of destruction with that inscrutable martinet Belichick. You want to ask, Where's the glee, Tom Brady? Football may be a complicated game, we get that, and there is plenty of science to it. Five-inch playbooks and all that. But it's also just a naked sandlot, with guys laying shoulders into one another. We've seen you, Tom Brady. You have fun. You're a sandlot player. You win like no one else. You win big. Sticking the knife in the back of the reeling Redskins last season (52--7, remember), breaking off the blade? That's gotta be fun. Doesn't that make you happy?

"Always," he says. "Always. It does." Tom Brady smiles, and it's a winning affect, an undeniable dominion over the space around him. When the guy looks happy, the room is happy. "The Redskins, they're not easing up on us. They're trying to hit us as hard as they can. So we're not just going to stand there and take their shots. We're trying to execute. I think for us, as a team, in that game, we were very precise and efficient. I mean, you practice really hard, and you always hope you get games that turn out like that. That one was like, s*** . . . ," he says, trailing off, smirking, holding his palms up. "All of it worked. That doesn't happen often."

18-1, bro. :laugh:

Even if he is talking **** about the skins, you gotta put youself in his shoes. I would be saying the same thing.

Tom Brady is a great great QB. If I could be one person in the world, it would be Tom Brady.

Even if he is talking **** about the skins, you gotta put youself in his shoes. I would be saying the same thing.

Tom Brady is a great great QB. If I could be one person in the world, it would be Tom Brady.

I agree, i woud want to win at all costs and i would hope Campbell would like to crush a team every now and then.

i hope tom brady suffers a theisman-esque injury and never plays again.... seriously, too many people on her have a man crush on him

thats a terrible thing to say.

and why not have a man crush on him? sixth round draft pick wins 3 superbowls, sets numerous offensive records and gets to bang supermodels all day.

yep thats the stuff man crushes are made of.

Live in Boston, can't stand Brady and company. Went to that game, only time I got to see Sean T. play. Hell yeh I went for the Gmen in super bowl. I'm an NFC man. 18-1!! Trust me, we will get another shot at him, and he'll be the one that fumbles 3 times and peels himself off the ground.

i hope tom brady suffers a theisman-esque injury and never plays again.... seriously, too many people on her have a man crush on him

That's pretty harsh. While I am not a fan of the Pats, I certainly would not wish a career ending injury on someone. I would much rather prefer my team does the same thing to them.

The Pats had everything go right that day and you can't fault him for that.

Every player wants to have games like that.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but when I think about that game I sometimes wonder if they had some illegal video of us or some other illegal competitive advantage. They were able to do anything and everything they wanted to do on virtually every play. That's unusual in the NFL, even for the Patriots.

Thing is, we were a pretty good team last year, and we were in every game we played except for that one. Our margin of defeat in our other six losses were: 7, 3, 8, 5, 6, and 1. It was so unsual for us to be taken advantage of so thoroughly by a team. Maybe it was completely legit, but deep in my gut something still doesn't feel right about it.

I hope I'm wrong and that they just whipped our butts fair and square. I'd feel a lot better if that were the case. And I'm sure they would have beaten us that day anyway--they were the better team. But the way they were able to do anything and everything they wanted every time? I don't know. It just smells funny to me.

Why would you wish that on anyone? Grow up. You're still reeling after the 52-7 beating they put on the Redskins? We deserved it...the Redskins showed up at Foxboro and immediately curled up in the fetal position like a bunch of candy asses.

Why would you wish that on anyone? Grow up. You're still reeling after the 52-7 beating they put on the Redskins? We deserved it...the Redskins showed up at Foxboro and immediately curled up in the fetal position like a bunch of candy asses.

yes our Skins did. took it minus the lube.

hope it was a lesson learned. never again. :helmet:

I don't have much of a problem with what the Pats did that day; however, I wonder if Brady can stand to be a bit more humble in public. You get the sense that maybe the 18-0 finally went to the Pats heads and it caught up with them in a Supe Bowl. The decision to go for it on 4th and 13 instead of trying like a 45-yard FG (if memory serves correctly) was just insane.

I wasn't down here at the time, and I know there have been multiple threads on it, but do any old timers think the '83 Skins were too ****y and confident heading into SB XVIII?

Archived