Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tom Brady comments on Redskins game in this month's Esquire Magazine

conkev12

We got schooled by a team that was much better than us. The performance in that game deserves jabs like that.

Still, they lost the one that mattered BUT 52-7 (and it should have been 52-0) is a testament to what we are walking out of as a franchise.

It was an utter and complete drubbing. But in no possible way does it illustrate what this team was under Joe Gibbs. The Redskins played 17 games last year, winning more than losing and being competitive in every one but that one. If you wanted to pick the next game - regrouping for a win against the Jets that should never have been that close, or the tantalizingly close loss to the supposed NFC-best Cowboys in their house - I'd agree with you.

Can't blame the Pats for running up the score. With a below average pass rush and so many injuries at DB that Leigh Torrance and Reed Doughty wound up covering Randy Moss, the NFL's most efficient passing attack could could hardly miss. And when we sold out to try to stop it they just took the 5-10 rushing yards we were handing them. But still, if our guys broke Brady's leg when he fake-spiked and threw a TD pass I'd have shed not a tear. The great Patriots would not have made the playoffs if that had happened.

I'm familiar with the smirk Brady gave in that interview, having seen it in the famous "we're only going to score 17 points?" interview he gave before the Super Bowl. It was good to see the Giants wipe that smirk off his face.

We did the same thing to the Cowboys a few years ago.35-7 I think it was, and even though it wasn't as high a point total as the Pats I enjoyed it thoroughly. When you play a game like that and win that big you should be able to run your mouth. I know I did after the cowgirl game. :)

The redskins usually get one of these games a year since Gibbs II took over. I just hated the fact that every NFC East team except the skins gave them problems. Its strange too because Gregg Williams probably worked his hardest preparing for the patriots.

I think what bothers me the most about that game is Gibbs' lack of preparation. I sit through EVERY Redskins game, blowout or not. I just remember being VERY sick to my stomach and laughing at Gibbs whenever there was a shot of him on the sideline. Not even a morsel of fire after halftime. WHAT A JOKE OF A GAME.

I'm glad Brady made those comments. Maybe the players will wake the **** up one of these days and play for something more than the money they're being paid.

Dont be bitter because we got routed in that game. They have the right to say whatever they want about that game. They beat us 52-7 and that was with some of their back ups playing in the second half. We couldnt score on their back ups that day. I give the Pats a pass when talking about that game. They didnt expect to score that many points... we were just that bad. We gave Randy Moss a ten yard cushion. You just cant do that. You just cant give Randy Moss a ten yard cushion.

We did the same thing to the Cowboys a few years ago.35-7 I think it was, and even though it wasn't as high a point total as the Pats I enjoyed it thoroughly. When you play a game like that and win that big you should be able to run your mouth. I know I did after the cowgirl game. :)

There's a big difference here. We downshifted about halfway through the third qtr when we went up 35-0. We could have won that game 49-0 if we went balls out for four quarters. Tom Brady was throwing 40 yard passes to Moss in the 4th quarter up 42-0 in that game last year.

i hope tom brady suffers a theisman-esque injury and never plays again.... seriously, too many people on her have a man crush on him

And there too many who take this stuff way too seriously. Case in point.

I blame it all on Gibbs.

Gee. What a surprise.

I'm like others and have no problem with these comments. And like someone else said, I'd probably say the same thing were I in his shoes.

I think what bothers me the most about that game is Gibbs' lack of preparation. I sit through EVERY Redskins game, blowout or not. I just remember being VERY sick to my stomach and laughing at Gibbs whenever there was a shot of him on the sideline.

I still love Joe, but man, the guy was heartless in some games and then too humble in others. We could have easily been 13-3 in 2005 had we put teams away in the second half. We had that three game losing streak where we were winning all three games and gave up a second half lead because all of our offensive series' were three 2 yard runs and a punt.

That's good for when we play again. Also, Greg did not seem to want to adjust to their gameplan and had Carlos way off his men. The offense was three and out over and over and it hurt the defense. I don't think we will see as much of that now, since we will go vertical rather than conservative more often. We may get more turnovers, but we won't be as passive.

When we played this game it cemented within me the truth that Greg Williams is mostly hype and can't win the big games. This was the biggest game of the year and GW let us down. Good luck down there in Jacksonville. I suspect you'll need to get humble if you want to live up to those high expectations.

It also showed how Gibbs style of football would do against the current brand and it was a very sad day for me. The game clearly passed Gibbs by and that was hard to accept. If this game were played in the 80's I'd bet ya that the offense woulda scored a lot more then 7 stinking points. Enjoy retirement coach.

As for the Pats, they play in the worst devision in football, have the easiest schedule in the league and this season will only have 3 hard games before the playoffs. Its easy to be that good when you've got the world handed to you on a plate. Brady can talk all the smack he wants too about this game though, they destroyed us.

There's a big difference here. We downshifted about halfway through the third qtr when we went up 35-0. We could have won that game 49-0 if we went balls out for four quarters. Tom Brady was throwing 40 yard passes to Moss in the 4th quarter up 42-0 in that game last year.

Exactly. Gibbs has class and has shown it just as many times as Bellicheat has shown he has none.

Think how many points Williams and crew could have put up against the Bronco's if Gibbs had wanted to be a jerk.

If they had done that to any other team in the league the football fan in me might have been able to appreciate it more for the outstanding game they played, but it is still hard to reconcile with the Skins fan part of me that wants to carve them open and hold their still-beating heart before their eyes.

He earned the right to say whatever he wants, but still strikes me as smug.

I hope when we play NE next time, that we dont run the exact same defense on every play, with our best defender 30 yds away from the ball before every snap. And I hope we make them pay for running the score up on us, by actually considering blitzing that little punk ass.

I'm like others and have no problem with these comments. And like someone else said, I'd probably say the same thing were I in his shoes.

I agree 100%.

I would love to here what Smoot would have said had he been in Brady's place and the Skins had won the game like that.

My main problem about the game was them going for it on 4th and 2 while in FG range after being up by over 30. We blew out some teams like the Cowboys and 49ers, but we did let up when the game was completely out of reach for them.

Really, that was the first game I've ever seen where a team beat another team so ruthlessly. There may have been some games back in the 50's or something that I don't know about. I know we got destroyed by the Bears by something like 73-0 back in the leather helmet days. But in my life time, I've never seen a team put sportsmanship to the side and continue to beat down a team already laying lifeless in the dirt.

brady has no room to brag. big deal he demolished us in the regular season. they choked in the superbowl. he has no reason to smirk and be proud that he pounded us. he lost the superbowl ....

Yeah, he lost the Superbowl...it's not like he had won 3 of them or something...geez where does Tom Brady get the nerve to talk?... :doh:

My main problem about the game was them going for it on 4th and 2 while in FG range after being up by over 30. We blew out some teams like the Cowboys and 49ers, but we did let up when the game was completely out of reach for them.

Really, that was the first game I've ever seen where a team beat another team so ruthlessly. .

Two other Patriot examples last year. They beat Buffalo 56-10 and never let up the whole game. Probably the worst of all was when they were up 41-27 with 25 seconds left against Dallas and sitting on the 1 yard line. A knee would have ended it and 31 other coaches in this league would have done so. Instead they felt the need to punch it in. I know it's Dallas, but that really pissed me off. I didn't have alot of respect for Belichick to begin with, but that soured it for me. Bradyis arrogant and needs someone to knock the chip off of his shoulde,r, but the one that I really hate is Belichick. He's a classless ass-hole reinforced when he ran off the field without his team in the Super Bowl with the game not yet over.

Two other Patriot examples last year. They beat Buffalo 56-10 and never let up the whole game. Probably the worst of all was when they were up 41-27 with 25 seconds left against Dallas and sitting on the 1 yard line. A knee would have ended it and 31 other coaches in this league would have done so. Instead they felt the need to punch it in. I know it's Dallas, but that really pissed me off. I didn't have alot of respect for Belichick to begin with, but that soured it for me. Bradyis arrogant and needs someone to knock the chip off of his shoulde,r, but the one that I really hate is Belichick. He's a classless ass-hole reinforced when he ran off the field without his team in the Super Bowl with the game not yet over.
Amen, Brother. :applause:

Karma's a *****, Bilicheat.

Archived