Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whose got the best shake?

portis&taylor

Chik Fil A is the best of the big chains. The cookies n cream is amazing.

But Cookout is amazing. And great food, too. Amazing burgers, 30 different flavors of milkshakes. If you live in NC, you know what I'm talking about.

I have never had a shake from Cookout, but I like their food a lot. However, a lot of the people I know down here at not nearly as impressed with it as I am.

What the hell do they know about quality food. :D

I have never had a shake from Cookout, but I like their food a lot. However, a lot of the people I know down here at not nearly as impressed with it as I am.

What the hell do they know about quality food. :D

The shakes are pretty money. Only drawback is that they might be a bit too thick to start with.

But yeah, their burgers are great, great prices too.

lol i almost did the same when i tasted the Milk and Cookies shake. Wow wow

That's my second favorite. And after I liked it so much I was afraid to try another cause if it wasn't as good it'd be a wasted opportunity to get one of those lol. But one day I finally tried the Cake N Shake and holy ****.

The best shake??? Well, Harlem def has the best shake.Harlem-Shake-pid49-4542.jpg

But in all seriousness, I'll take the 5 dollar milk shake. No bourbon, just milk and ice cream. Served Martin & Lewis style by Buddy Hollie :laugh:

pulp-fiction-uma-thurman.jpg

yeah, the pulp-fiction picture didn't show up. I didn't even realize there was supposed to be one until I quoted you.

anyways, that's a pretty ****ing good shake. Don't know if its worth $5, but its a damn good shake.

The shakes are pretty money. Only drawback is that they might be a bit too thick to start with.

But yeah, their burgers are great, great prices too.

Cookout does have good shakes, but I will never eat their food again...I don't even think that was it real beef. Terrible.

This will be a "little bit" of a drive for the OPP, but without a doubt the best shake I have ever had is Carl's Ice Cream in Fredricksburg, VA.

http://www.simplyfredericksburg.com/offpath/carls.shtml

They have 1940 vintage equipment that makes the best shake there is.

Oh hell yeah, I forgot about Carl's. Their shakes are amazing. One of the things I miss about living in Fredericksburg.

I generally don't mess with fast food shakes as they're almost never worth the calories involved. However Coldstone, Baskin Robbins, pretty much anyplace that makes them from scratch rather than using some crappy mix out of a bag is money.

And FWIW, H_H was right about not drinking anything with a straw. You really don't want to know what having your stitches come out would be like.

• 5 months later...
No love for Steak n' Shake?

Hah, I forgot I did post in this thread.

I found out yesterday that Steak 'n Shake isn't around the DC area. But it has great food and excellent milkshakes. In fact, I went there yesterday after school let out early for exams and had one. A side-by-side, strawberry and banana, with whipped cream and a cherry on top, appropriately nicknamed "bananaberry". :drool:

01-15-09_1121.jpg

http://www.steaknshake.com/

Archived