Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Young - CB's Future?

Reaganaut

Reag, again, you expect respected responces, and no insults, when you are claiming a more then far-fetched idea and at this point close to unrealistic assumption that CB will be as good as Steve Young. "What if" threads don't really go anywhere on this forum, especially ludacris ones like this one.

Don't get me wrong, I want CB to succeed, but, if his success is going to be here, its going to be in JC's expense, or injury, and I wish no such thing on our starting Quarterback. There is a reason people are down on CB.

1. He is a 6th round rookie

2. His throwing motion is not favored at all in the NFL

3. One preseason game proves nothing, especially against people that will see minimal time during the regular season (I.E third stringers)

Its not that the majority does not like CB, its just that people are hopeful on JC right now, Colt Brennan time will come, but not right now, or in the next few years, its JCs time to shine now, let him prove is worth as an elite NFL QB. Assuming CB as anything more then a third string QB at this point is out of the question in reality.

Coming late to this party, it's hard to judge the responses given that the original post was apparently deleted.

However, I will repeat something I've said before - Wanting Colt Brennan to be the real deal is not a knock on Jason Campbell. I happen to think Jason Campbell is poised for a breakthrough season in 2008. But if it turns out that Brennan is really really good too, that's nothing but a happy dilemma for Redskins fans.

Well I sure missed the fireworks last night...

I got into a similiar argument with Reaganut in another thread about the same topic...

Dude! No doubt - Reaganaut was feeling his oats yesterday fa sho.

We need to be able to TiVO ES, just sorta suspend the whole time/space thing so we can jump right into the fray when these little tea parties go off lol.

So- I read the first page and skipped to the last page here.

I still don't understand why people have to flame so much. Would ANY player that develops into a GREAT player be a detriment to the team? What's the worst that can happen? Redskins get a great player. Redskins trade a great player for other players.

What's the best that can happen- Redskins win and win and win.

Good luck and Godspeed to ALL the players. May you all stay healthy, smart, work as a team and FULFILL YOUR DESTINIES!

You too! :D

All I did was ask a question and you get all riled up and start attacking me.

All of you.

The bile and hatred is all very interesting. All I did is ask is what you would do if he is as good as Steve Young. Then the hate starts. Interesting... :D

Mostly because it's a kinda stupid question. It's possible, but it's VERY unlikely. Add to the fact that lets face it, most of us are sick of anything Colt Brennan because it's poping up everywhere on this board. And it's mostly retarded stuff like this thread. That, and you havent responded to any of the acually intelligent answers to your post. Basically you're a:

Attention-Whore_Beach.jpg

As to your question. First off, what makes you think he'll be as good? Campbell is a better QB right now and in all honesty has more upside that Brennan. I think that Brennan could be a pretty good QB in this offense because he does lack arm strength and is accurate. But remember Campbell was very accurate in college running a form of this offense (70%), but has more physical tools than Brennen and has a much better delivery. So, if your already to annoint Brennen as the next Steve Young (which apparently you are after 1 preseason game, idiot) what do we do about Campbell?

I still don't understand why people have to flame so much. Would ANY player that develops into a GREAT player be a detriment to the team? What's the worst that can happen? Redskins get a great player. Redskins trade a great player for other players.

Good luck and Godspeed to ALL the players. May you all stay healthy, smart, work as a team and FULFILL YOUR DESTINIES!

He edited the original post... He was asking to be thrashed, and said stuff about "Colt Brennan throwing his body in front of Pat Tillman in Afghanistan" Then he started the name calling. Trust me, this guy is not the victim

He edited the original post... He was asking to be thrashed, and said some ridiculously twisted things about good people. Then he started the name calling. Trust me, this guy is not the victim

Hypocrites......bashing CB. I ask what has JC done so SPECIAL that leads anyone to believe we are set at qb? His losing record? His late game failures? His slow delivery? The Skins need to develop CB with the same enthusiasm bestowed upon JC.

For the record, i like JC but i am not sold on him, yet. I want a backup plan. I want the young Brady on the bench. It is not a crime to like CB or feel good about his performance. You can like both qbs.

The truth is BOTH of them are UNPROVEN when it comes to winning in the NFL. Until one of them puts the team on their back and guides them into the Postseason I say STFU about CB. Injuries are a ***** that sometimes force players into action before they are ready. God forbid we have 2 qbs go down but if that were to happen I want to know DOES CB has the support of the fans and his teammates?

(Warning: this thread is very heated. Personal attacks are present every other response. Sigh... I have decided to tone this down on defensiveness, people LOVE to fight and you will see what I dislike in threads these days.)

"I can feel the seething rage from you CB detractors now. I really don't care. I started a new thread to enter the real possibility that Brennan could possibly be the Steve Young to Jason Campbell in the future.

Save your cynical backlash about third stringers, soft schedules, and sixth round picks. What happens if you are totally wrong and he's the real deal? Huh? Are you going to root against him?

It's only the preseason... yada yada yada. He hasn't gone against the top defenses... yada yada yada.

WHAT HAPPENS IF HE IS THE REAL DEAL?

I think it is time to think about the Redskins and drop childish notions about the threat of Brennan to Jason Campbell. We have seen this in the past and it did work out (seance Bill Walsh for confirmation.)

I don't know if the guy is legit or not, but damn... he did some special things in college. Watch his tapes and tell me that he doesn't have talent.

I am posting a question. What do we do if he turns out to be as good as Steve Young?"

So I'm guessing you are saying that JC will be the next Montana?

Such a ****tastic thread :doh:

I say we start a petition to renaming the Washington Redskins to the Washington Colt Brennans. Then everyone on the team would have to change their name to colt brennan including the coaches. Just imagine Colt Brennan to Colt Brennan for a Touchdown. Or Colt Brennan just broke out a 68 yard run for a td. Just think of the possibilities. I think we should even make Colt Brennan an expression. I just pulled a Colt Brennan (saying you did something awesome), or Damn that girl has nice ass Colt Brenanns etc... Colt Brennan for life.

Colt Brennan.

is the entire point of this post to argue or are you curious to find out if people will continue to bash him if he is as good as steve young? i understand your point, i think, that cb could be great and he'll ride the bench for a while if campbell is better. i like colt, but i personally think you are jumping to conclusions by comparing him to a guy in the hall. sure he put up great numbers, but that was the wac and that was college. college doesn't always translate to pro success (heath). but i agree that he does have talent to put up the ridiculous numbers he did. so since i've qualified some points, id just like to know the purpose of the post.

Archived