Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Young - CB's Future?

Reaganaut

This thread is rhetorical. What if Mason is the next Barry Sanders ? What if Mix is the next Jerry Rice?

You are seriously going to base a rookies performance on one game ? Well **** might as well roll out the red carpet , forfeit the rest of the preseason and book tickets to Tampa Bay!

I must say any fan on this board will support anyone who starts for the Redskins. With saying that you're a moron to think Colt B. can lead this team to 5 wins let alone a playoff/superbowl run.

In any event at this point in the offseason/season I would rather see the entire team mature under a new system instead of listen to Arm Chair Coaches and their banter. Campbell is our starter if anything happens HERE comes our backup Todd Collins of whom just received a new contract, if he goes down, maybe we will see colt...

But i am just rambling - the OP of this thread needs to throw his keyboard away.

Go skins have a nice day.

This thread is rhetorical. What if Mason is the next Barry Sanders ? What if Mix is the next Jerry Rice?

You are seriously going to base a rookies performance on one game ? Well **** might as well roll out the red carpet , forfeit the rest of the preseason and book tickets to Tampa Bay!

I must say any fan on this board will support anyone who starts for the Redskins. With saying that you're a moron to think Colt B. can lead this team to 5 wins let alone a playoff/superbowl run.

In any event at this point in the offseason/season I would rather see the entire team mature under a new system instead of listen to Arm Chair Coaches and their banter. Campbell is our starter if anything happens HERE comes our backup Todd Collins of whom just received a new contract, if he goes down, maybe we will see colt...

But i am just rambling - the OP of this thread needs to throw his keyboard away.

Go skins have a nice day.

Thanks... I am a moron, I should throw my keyboard away... yet I should have a nice day... :D

Edited:

You are all so darn nice. Glad to have you as fellow fans.

Ah geez dont be so sensitive... I love the skins whomever is behind the helm at QB earned it and deserves it.

But let's live in the now... and right now Jason Campbell is our QB. So lets back him 100% until someone else earns and deserves a chance.

and you can keep your keyboard... :silly:

I think we have reached a new plateau as Redskins fans. I challenge Eagles and Giants fans to be anywhere near as nasty. Glad to hear from all of you. Thanks for a few insightful comments.

This is a losing fight, but I am going to challenge the drive by posters and cynics in the future. I may be the only one doing it, but I really love this board and am willing to take a stand.

You can hate me all you want, but I exposed a number of you who care for little other than personal insults. It's pathetic and it never happened in years past on ExtremeSkins. Cheers.

I think we have reached a new plateau as Redskins fans. I challenge Eagles and Giants fans to be anywhere near as nasty. Glad to hear from all of you. Thanks for a few insightful comments.

This is a losing fight, but I am going to challenge the drive by posters and cynics in the future. I may be the only one doing it, but I really love this board and am willing to take a stand.

You can hate me all you want, but I exposed a number of you who care for little other than personal insults. It's pathetic and it never happened in years past on ExtremeSkins. Cheers.

Welcome to the club buddy they persecute me too for saying give JC a fair chance.. see thread -- "Why are so many people down on JC"

I take it as rookie hazing..NOT..But some come on here to let there frustrations go that are affecting them in real life. Some are just pathetic. Some antagonists.You can tell the people who love their team by their support of the team as a whole and how they don't drag down other players without reason. But there are alot of JC and CP haters on this board. But watch them eat major crow this year...and I will be there with it on a platter..no salt and pepper..

Not that I really think a sensible post will go that far with such a delusional OP, but I'll give it a try anyways...

what if he is the real deal?.

He still needs to win the position by impressing the coaches and that just isn't going to happen as JC is the guy right now. He has game and NFL experience. Colt still needs work. We put him in if Campbell is injured or Colt WINS the job. Hell, he needs to win the number 2 job to even do that!

Thats not going to happen soon, but if Brennan is here 2 years from now and wins the position, I'll be for it.

Steve Young didn't do much his first 6 years in the league. Brett Favre didn't do anything his first year with the Falcons. Tom Brady didn't do crap his first year.

Give it a rest.

Bring it up when we actually have a need for a change at QB.

Not that I really think a sensible post will go that far with such a delusional OP, but I'll give it a try anyways...

what if he is the real deal?

Then we put him in if Campbell is injured or Colt WINS the job. He still needs to win the ball

Thats not going to happen soon, but if Brennan is here 2 years from now and wins the position, I'll be for it.

Steve Young didn't do much his first 6 years in the league. Brett Favre didn't do anything his first year with the Falcons. Tom Brady didn't do crap his first year.

Give it a rest.

Bring it up when we actually have a need for a change at QB.

I agree..saying that people should give JC a fair chance..his initials stand for Jason Campbell not Jesus Christ..so he is not going to be perfect..But comparing CB to Steve Young is stretch...Bu they everyone is entitled to their opinion..

(looks back at the OP, notes change)

That was impressive trolling, sir. I salute you. :cheers:

Brennan played in the WAC against inferior competition and aired it out 50 times/game putting up ridiculous stats. They hardly EVER ran the ball. Kind of like playing against camp fodder in the tail end of a preseason game. Wait until you seem him against some real competition.

Check out how he did against Georgia in his last college game. Brennan was 22/38 for 169 yards with 3 picks. He also had 9 "rushes" for -38 yards. He looked absolutely dreadful out there and his draft value surely slipped because of it.

My buddy's son played WR for Hawaii and I followed them closely. As fun as it was to watch Colt sling it around every game he had a few receivers that outclassed the competition and made it to NFL camps this year. He threw a nice ball but his receivers were always open outrunning the secondary or were more physical in the possession game.

WR Davone Bess is in Miami's camp, Jason Rivers was signed by the Titans, and Ryan Grice-Mullen is in the Bears camp. Rivers was already released, Bess has been up and down and Grice-Mullen has impressed from what I'm hearing.

What do we do if CB turns out to be as good as SY? We relish it plain and simple. Colt's a long way towards being mentioned in the same breath as Steve however. Let's be content for a while with what we have, and so far that's two young QB's seemingly capable of running Zorn's offense very well.

Tell me, how many years did it take for you to realize that you shouldn't watch the microwave with the door open?

Colt saved his job with the Redskins on Sunday night. He looked so good that they have to keep him on the team. Other teams would love to have him....He plays QB a lot like Steve Young and Tony, (moves out of the pocket always looking for the open receiver). If JC is injured again this season, I would give him a good look. He may be one of the best QB's to come out of the draft in a few years.

Good post Reagannaut ... There is no telling how good or great "45" will be ... but clearly he is a special QB talent ... that was unequivocally proven Sunday night ... my only hope is that he is still a Skin down the road ... If JC does well, the Skins will have a nice problem trying to keep both ...either way its win-win.

(Warning: this thread is very heated. Personal attacks are present every other response. Sigh... I have decided to tone this down on defensiveness, people LOVE to fight and you will see what I dislike in threads these days.)

"I can feel the seething rage from you CB detractors now. I really don't care. I started a new thread to enter the real possibility that Brennan could possibly be the Steve Young to Jason Campbell in the future.

Save your cynical backlash about third stringers, soft schedules, and sixth round picks. What happens if you are totally wrong and he's the real deal? Huh? Are you going to root against him?

It's only the preseason... yada yada yada. He hasn't gone against the top defenses... yada yada yada.

WHAT HAPPENS IF HE IS THE REAL DEAL?

I think it is time to think about the Redskins and drop childish notions about the threat of Brennan to Jason Campbell. We have seen this in the past and it did work out (seance Bill Walsh for confirmation.)

I don't know if the guy is legit or not, but damn... he did some special things in college. Watch his tapes and tell me that he doesn't have talent.

I am posting a question. What do we do if he turns out to be as good as Steve Young?"

If he is as good as Young then great we have a very good back up in the making

family_guy_average_retarded_creationist.png

Mr. Reaganaut, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:laugh:..That's funny.

Was interesting thread. To me, Reaganaut, it seemed like your question was answered several times w/o insult in the earlier posts before you finally actually recognized it 50 posts later. Your purpose of the thread was to show that fans are quick to hurl insults before rational discussion but your interpretation of an insult (though there were a few) is different than most peoples, in my opinion. When someone says your question has a lot of holes in it, it isn't an insult, its asking for clarification.

My opinion, if CB is as good as Steve Young (big big what if ?) then unless JC is Montana, you play him after a couple of years. If JC is that good, then you eventually have to move him and get something back. You will end up losing him through free agency otherwise.

I am posting a question. What do we do if he turns out to be as good as Steve Young?"

I try not to get involved with the 'what if' threads for many reasons.

But, i'll respond to this one.

IF Colt Brennan turns out to be as good as Steve Young, we celebrate!

But, first we wait.

Young was the back-up in San Fran for 4 years.

2 Years in Tampa Bay.

2 Years in the USFL. (w/ One game at RB that's right RB)

All I'm saying is that when Steve Young's time came he was (8 years!) ready. He had already payed his dues.

:cheers:

You posted a ridiculous thread and asked for people to thrash you. You asked for it, you got it. Then you said you didnt want anyone to insult you. Which one is it? You say things like you did (Tillman) and expect people not to react? You yourself played into the name calling... "jerkweed" and other various insults (before I ever even insulted you). You provoked it. Now you've edited it to try to act like this thread had intentions other than you trying to get attention. Way to backtrack. Its too bad that no one quoted his original post. It said something along the lines of "Colt Brennan was over in Afghanistan throwing his body in front of Pat Tillman trying to save his life" and other things of the sort.

Ive been on extremeskins just as long as you, and you know what else never happened in years past? People making awful threads provoking disorder like this. The only person you've exposed is yourself.

Way to "take a stand"

...what a joke

Welcome to the club buddy they persecute me too for saying give JC a fair chance.. see thread -- "Why are so many people down on JC"

I take it as rookie hazing..NOT..But some come on here to let there frustrations go that are affecting them in real life. Some are just pathetic. Some antagonists.You can tell the people who love their team by their support of the team as a whole and how they don't drag down other players without reason. But there are alot of JC and CP haters on this board. But watch them eat major crow this year...and I will be there with it on a platter..no salt and pepper..

read the first few pages of this thread. he provoked it, and started the insults. Ive read your threads and you never said anything close to as classless as his ORIGINAL post, which he edited, and noone quoted. now hes trying to act like a martyr

I'm new to this particular debate, but while I'm very open to the possibility that Colt could develop into a nice QB, I'm not going to let one preseason performance sell me on it.

Read the following write-up regarding another former college QB that set new records while in school......

He finished his college career by completing 708 of 1,170 passes for 10,875 yards with 114 TD passes, the best in SEC history and second-most in major college history. His career pass efficiency rating of 163.56 was the best in major college history and his percentage of passes which went for a TD (9.74) ranked first in collegiate history. In 1995, his efficiency rating of 178.4 set a single-season collegiate record. During his Heisman-winning season of 1996, he completed 207 of 360 passes for 3,625 yards (an SEC record at the time) for 39 TDs (leading the nation and tops in SEC history) and his efficiency rating of 170.6 made him the first QB to ever post a rating of 170 or better in back-to-back years.

This write-up is regarding Danny Wuerffel, who excelled in Steve Spurrier's pass-happy college offense. But unfortunately, Skins fans know first hand that neither Danny nor Spurrier's offense amounted to too much in the modern NFL. Couldn't the same be said of June Jones' run and shoot offense?

While I was personally pleased with what I saw from Colt last weekend, I just can't get too worked up yet over a college wonder kid who rang up big stats playing in an offense that didn't last in the NFL. I'll be watching him closely and will be hoping that he continues to develop, but I think it's a little too early to be calling him the next Steve Young or even the future of the franchise.

Was interesting thread. To me, Reaganaut, it seemed like your question was answered several times w/o insult in the earlier posts before you finally actually recognized it 50 posts later. Your purpose of the thread was to show that fans are quick to hurl insults before rational discussion but your interpretation of an insult (though there were a few) is different than most peoples, in my opinion. When someone says your question has a lot of holes in it, it isn't an insult, its asking for clarification.

hit the nail on the head.

Archived