Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh boy, here we go. (simmer down people)

greenmile

I dont think anyone is crowning the SKINS Champs ...yet...;) . Ok..maybe a few homers, but fact is most of us can sit back and appreciate what we saw on that field. Few penalties, solid QB play, and good organization. Sorry Coach Joe's teams lacked all of those things. Small improvements and positivity for a new coach are important. I am more encouraged we can win a few more games this year, because of what I saw on the field, but also because of what I also didnt see.:2cents: :logo:

What a failure of a thread. It is your prerogative if you want to wallow in misery, greenmile, but don't assume you are the only person who knows what they are talking about. Last night was nice. It doesn't mean we will be great, or even good, but you can take some positive signs out of it. The only thing I would ask is that you not rain on everyone else's parade because you like to be miserable. You and MSF can go build a bunker somewhere and have pity parties in it, but leave me out of it.

HTTR

:applause: He had to start a WHOLE thread just to tell people how they should feel. Pretty self-righteous if you ask me.

I don't care how smooth things looked or how promising certain players and/or coaches looked.

Let's not forget 2002 with Spurrier. Anyone remember a 38 - 7 thrashing against the 49ers at Osaka, Japan?

It's cool to have positive things to say, but please don't blow this out of proportion.

Remember in 1991 when the Redskins went 0-4 in the preseason? Oh, that's right, I believe we won a Superbowl that year.

Didn't Gibbs go 0-5 to start the 1981 season?

In a way I kind of wish we just got crushed by the Colts. I'd feel way better about our situation.

I agree that this is really nothing to get hype up about, they did look pretty darn good all the way around with a couple of exceptions and Zorn showed that he can be a poised leader. Also, Zorn is NOT Spurrier who threw every trick play he could think of at the 49ers! Zorn ran his 16 offensive plays efficently and there was no trickery from OUR offense Sunday night! :2cents:

Theres a very big difference between Spurrier and Zorn, and any coach in the NFL. Spurrier sent his offensive line out for a pass, with his family! Zorn is making a very diciplined offense, something Spurrier cant even spell yet.

Our starters looked very crisp, unlike Spurriers, It was his 3rd stringers that scored all the points. Zorns 1st, 2nd and 3rd stringers moved the ball well and 0 false starts. Yea its preseason, but we shouldnt be this crisp, this fast, its just not normal. I gotta feeling somebody on heres about to lose a sig lol.

I'm quite optimistic about this offense. I expected a 41-3 romping. I was at the beach, enjoying the sun with my family, and I couldn't believe how well we ran and threw the ball. The first 15 plays were scripted and many plays were run over and over. Bugel has his boys ready to play.

The defense, on the other hand **shudder**

Not to mention, there is a big difference between the Colts of now and the 49ers of then. The Colts are a very deep, talented team, and all of our guys held their own against them. I know people had some issues with the D, but when the Colts drove to our redzone, we held them to field goals for the most part. How many times did Madden mention how this game was crisp compared to most preseason games....let alone the first. I would expect few penalties from the Colts, but we had less. There were not many miscues. Our team played together. Our QBs spread the ball around to multiple receivers. Jason was getting the ball out quick and accurate. Our second day picks made some good plays. All the questions about Zorn, play calling, organization for me were put to rest for the most part. He had our team ready to play and execute. That's exactly what they did. Preseason doesn't mean the world, but to say its pointless is absurd. Sorry if people get too excited for you buddy. There were a lot of good things to pick out of the game. I think if the team improves each week of the preseason, we'll be ready to make some noise this season. HTTR

I know it's preseason but it's nice to see a coach smiling on the sidelines . . . and when there were "mistakes" he seemed to really connect with the players in a coach-like manner. I think there is more going on here than just playing good pre-season football . . . which really gets me stoked for the regular season.

The quarterbacks looks pretty good. I really liked the way the players on the sideline got into congratulating the 2nd and 3rd teams when they made good plays. Horton was flying all over the field which I liked. Reed D. did exactly what he was supposed to do. It will be different with the complete defense on the field. Don't worry about Reed.

Screw you buddy!!!!

Lets ****ing party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Bowl! Super Bowl!

;)

I agree with this, the people who don't think we have the potential for the Super Bowl (regardless of this meaningless game) inmy opinion are not TRUE skins fans. a True Skins fan predicts 19-0 and keeps adjusting the prediction if by some freak of bad luck hits and we lose.

Anyone who predicts we will not have a winning season or will not win the NFC East is (IN MY OPINION) not a loyal fan.

Just understand, I'm trying to keep things even-keel.

When Zorn goes 0-3 to start the season, I'll be the one on here telling you guys to "simmer down" and see the bright side.

Call me the Equalizer.

Dude, if Zorn had lost his first game, preseason or not, the sky would be falling and we'd all be running for our lives. The end of days, people claiming to have tried to warn all of us and we just wouldn't listen.

Seriously, preseason doesn't mean much, but they were prepared, organized, and confident. We didn't run the whole offense, like in Osaka (which I did have flashback of during the game, my wife had to get the smelling salts once or twice). The team looked much better than in the beginning of Gibbs 2.0 and Marty-ball, so I'm just happy that after 6 month of uncertainty we've at least got a coach that can pull the team together to play a game and take care of their junk.

dont even need to read your post.

let people have a little fun dude, why do people like you continue to think that if they are "cautious" (fearful) and negative, that it will help anything.

look dude, we just had a fun game to watch. we are redskins fans, we just won a game, (pre or not) shut the puck up for a minute and let people feel good before you take your little scared pee-wee out and start pissing in everybodys freakin wheaties.

get a grip pal.

:logo:

I don't care how smooth things looked or how promising certain players and/or coaches looked.

Let's not forget 2002 with Spurrier. Anyone remember a 38 - 7 thrashing against the 49ers at Osaka, Japan?

It's cool to have positive things to say, but please don't blow this out of proportion.

Remember in 1991 when the Redskins went 0-4 in the preseason? Oh, that's right, I believe we won a Superbowl that year.

Didn't Gibbs go 0-5 to start the 1981 season?

In a way I kind of wish we just got crushed by the Colts. I'd feel way better about our situation.

I don't think us getting excited will have any affect on the outcome of the season. We with either be good, bad, or average. We might as well enjoy some preseason wins.

What last night showed us was that we are going to be competitive, organized, energeitc, and aggressive on offense. No more or no less one game into the pre-season. And..............its great to have Colt on our team. That guy is a keeper. :):):):):):) :applause: :applause:

I know it's preseason but it's nice to see a coach smiling on the sidelines . . . and when there were "mistakes" he seemed to really connect with the players in a coach-like manner. I think there is more going on here than just playing good pre-season football . . . which really gets me stoked for the regular season.

The quarterbacks looks pretty good. I really liked the way the players on the sideline got into congratulating the 2nd and 3rd teams when they made good plays. Horton was flying all over the field which I liked. Reed D. did exactly what he was supposed to do. It will be different with the complete defense on the field. Don't worry about Reed.

This is a dayum good football team Zorn has, Spurrier never had that and even made it worse. :cheers:

i think the o.p needs a big helping of "I ACTUALLY CANT CONTROL ANYTHING, repeat ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON THE FIELD." and settle in, and enjoy the game.

nothing anybody say's on here, changes the outcome of games, i think the sooner people realize that, the better.

i actually feel pretty good about not trying to predict, or forsee anything. its much more fun, when you dont PRETEND to know what is going to happen.

you will get lucky with your negativity, it'll make you think your psychic, but really, its just chance.

its all fantasy until the moment comes to play football. our jobs as fans in this game?........simple

HAVE FUN.

seem like it should be easy right?

:logo:

Screw you buddy!!!!

Lets ****ing party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Bowl! Super Bowl!

;)

Hahahahaha.

The idea is not to be swayed too much in either direction. Good and bad things can be found watching preseason games, however, anyone with any experience watching the skins knows that maintaining a pragmatic attitude throughout the preseason is the wisest approach. That being said, there is nothing wrong with getting a little excited when the pros out weight the cons.

Archived