Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: President Obama Continues Hectic Victory Tour

Zguy28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Obama just became President on this last trip overseas

As I said in another thread, he has the look and feel of a President, and we may as well get this election over with and him in office sooner then January 20th.

He will easily cross 300 EV's and 54 percent of the vote. Bush is completely irrelevant, and McCain is not even visible

It was an arrogant statement, but the potential leader of the free world should have a confidence that borders on arrogance -- and occasionally crosses the line.

:applause:

You should quote THAT in your profile for the next time that someone accuses you of constantly bashing Obama.

:cheers: for being fair and balanced, we could use more ESers like you.

Well, maybe not...

:laugh:

:applause:

You should quote THAT in your profile for the next time that someone accuses you of constantly bashing Obama.

:cheers: for being fair and balanced, we could use more ESers like you.

Well, maybe not...

Nah, definitely not. One hog (and a hog-lite in BigMike) are plenty. :laugh:

I appreciate the kind words though, and your consistency on matters political.

:cheers:

Funny, the last polls I saw (which were quoted on the Sunday Morning political shows) had Obama with a 9 point lead.

Still, he needs to be careful in walking that confidence/arrogance line. He does sound a bit ****y there.

I think that the luster he has will wear off once the debates start. All we have seen is canned speeches so far from him.

IF and thats a big if, the "journalists" don't throw him underhand pitches, I can see both candidates having a hard time laying out their points and plans. If McCain falters the "old, blind and senile" man will have less stumbling distance than Obama, who's advisers and handelers have his image polished.

Nah, definitely not. One hog (and a hog-lite in BigMike) are plenty. :laugh:

I appreciate the kind words though, and your consistency on matters political.

:cheers:

Is BigMike okay with being hog-lite?

I've always felt like h_h and Big Mike were like hog and wild hog... :)

(I'm in denial that I'm not the arch-conservative I used to be.) :silly:

Well, maybe not necessarily just based on political viewpoint, but BigMike often does seem like a wild, untamed version of you. Like if a hog was backed into a corner and had to post replies rapidly and unpredictably to get out.

For example, see this thread: http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253535

There's nothing hog-lite about that.

Funny, the last polls I saw (which were quoted on the Sunday Morning political shows) had Obama with a 9 point lead.

Still, he needs to be careful in walking that confidence/arrogance line. He does sound a bit ****y there.

Actually, the poll from yesterday had him up by only 4.

July 30, 2008

Gallup Daily: Presidential Race Tightens to 4 Points

Obama leads McCain, 46% to 42%

PRINCETON, NJ -- After moving into a nine percentage point lead over John McCain in Gallup Poll Daily tracking of national registered voters this past weekend, Barack Obama now leads by just four points, 46% to 42%.

080730DailyUpdateGraph1_pkmrdfc.gif

Today's results are based on Gallup Poll Daily tracking from July 27-29.

The percentage of voters favoring Obama for president swelled from 45% in July 21-23 tracking, conducted at the outset of Obama's weeklong visit to Europe and the Middle East, to 49% in July 24-26 interviewing conducted at the height of publicity surrounding the tour. At the same time, McCain's support ebbed from 43% to 40%, and the percentage of undecided voters fell from 7% to 4%.

With Obama now back on U.S. soil and filling less of the nightly news, voter preferences have reverted to their pre-trip levels. (To view the complete trend since March 7, 2008, click here.) -- Lydia Saad

Archived