Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7/28 Redskins Nation : Larry Addresses "Mic'd Up" Hate Thread

CRobi21

I'm watching Redskins Nation right now, and before the commercial, Larry Michael brought up the fact the he reads ES and all that crap. And that he came across the "Mic'd Up was Terrible" thread from last week.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252907&page=1

He brought in the guy who came up with the idea, and they say it was "un-filtered, unedited, raw footage."

Larry then went on to say that they will not put up another "Mic'd Up" segment, until it is completely edited for our viewing joy!

:laugh:

The voice of ExtremeSkins has spoken again!

Oh. And the new guy, Frank (Last Name), who also does the ESPN980 show now, tried to say if we wanna hate on someone, to leave our names and numbers and not to hide behind screenames.

Is he serious. Lets see, our voice alone has gotten a head coach fired before he was even hired (Fassell), and improved the quality of the Redskins Nation program from the Mic'd Up hate thread. I don't think he knows who he's dealing with.

I'm watching Redskins Nation right now, and before the commercial, Larry Michael brought up the fact the he reads ES and all that crap. And that he came across the "Mic'd Up was Terrible" thread from last week.

He brought in the guy who came up with the idea, and they say it was "un-filtered, unedited, raw footage."

Larry then went on to say that they will not put up another "Mic'd Up" segment, until it is completely edited for our viewing joy!

:laugh:

The voice of ExtremeSkins has spoken again!

Oh. And the new guy, Frank (Last Name), who also does the ESPN980 show now, tried to say if we wanna hate on someone, to leave our names and numbers and not to hide behind screenames.

Is he serious. Lets see, our voice alone has gotten a head coach fired before he was even hired (Fassell), and improved the quality of the Redskins Nation program from the Mic'd Up hate thread. I don't think he knows who he's dealing with.

Heh, if he doesnt like when people say negative things then maybe he shouldnt be on a public radio station.

On a show that I watch every day during my summer break while I’m in DC, I found this comment was clearly taken to heart. Since I was the one that started the thread that ripped the segment I found it extremely funny to see him address this on the show. But now I understand why Jason Lacanforna is hated by the show’s staff.

It was constructive criticism. Nevertheless, I will not stoop low enough to go back and forth with a guy that clearly sucks at what he does. This showed the true colors of the entire Redskins.comTV staff.:applause:

Nice, I think I said something about it should be called unedited, not unfiltered :silly:

Seriously though, what did they expect? The footage was boring. I was expecting something like NFL Films sound bytes. They need to mic up 10-15 guys, hopefully get 10-15 good sound bytes and put them all into the same segment.

I thought it was funny how they bashed LaCanfora for spending time blogging about Jerry Coleman during training camp, but they turn around and waste 5 minutes bashing LaCanfora. This time could have been spent showing Zorn or Samuels entire presser :doh:

I will give props to Larry for busting out the Mouthpiece though.

What did he say about Redskins fans?

He bashed us for making that thread. Then he said if we want to say something on the internet, we should leave our phone number instead of hiding behind a screen name. And if you watched the show and saw his body language you could tell he was pissed. He sat there for the rest of the show with his arms folded all upset.

God, I miss Bram...

He bashed us for making that thread. Then he said if we want to say something on the internet, we should leave our phone number instead of hiding behind a screen name. And if you watched the show and saw his body language you could tell he was pissed. He sat there for the rest of the show with his arms folded all upset.

Who is he? I thought maybe he could be someone like Bram and actually be impartial in this thoughts about the team. I guess if he works for ESPN 980, he'll be another mouthpiece. :doh:

Little lack of professionalism. We are just a bunch of fans offering our opinion. Like it or hate it, he needs to deal with it in a more professional manner.

He mentions leaving names and numbers. Heck, just post up a date and time and people that live in the area can head down to the radio station and talk in person. I do not mean a threat or anything like that, just provide a professional opinion in a professional manner. Perhaps the guy could learn something.

God, I miss Bram...

Wow. That's stupid. Why would anyone leave my phone number on the internet for anyone to see?

God, I miss Bram...

I think you misunderstood him. I think he was refering to JLC. I could be wrong, but I don't know. anywayz I like Frank, I thought he was good on the show today. Obviously the micd up segment was horrible, but as everyone can see our complaints worked.:D

On a different topic Larry's Nightly News over on the main site is a good one today. Clinton was in on it (as was the new blogger which was amusing, in a nice 'ah poor kid thrown to the lions' kind of way lol). Clinton dissing Samuels is well worth the watch.

All today's vids are good ones. Jason Taylor spoke well, Blache good as usual and had some good comments about Torrence and Tryon, plus how Golston is right there with Monty for the starter role with Griffen. Zorn's a natural as we know by now and Samuels gets a cake in the face. Like I said, all good ones and well worth checking them out.

Advert over lol.

larry is the worst radio broadcaster in the DC area. hes the biggest lapdog for dan snyder and this organization, and his opinion is completely ridiculous. again, ill never forget the day he claimed he'd rather have campbell as his starting QB over peyton manning because "manning is due for an injury". it doesnt get stupider than that, and listening to his show is downright painful.

id post my number, but larry wouldnt call me or anyone else who posted their number. lord knows i might say something that rocks the boat.

How many of you actually saw the segment?

One guy has gotten it right so far.

I think you misunderstood him. I think he was refering to JLC. I could be wrong, but I don't know. anywayz I like Frank, I thought he was good on the show today. Obviously the micd up segment was horrible, but as everyone can see our complaints worked.

He's right. They WERE NOT talking about ES here. Nor were they bashing fans. They were refering to JLC & his whiny blog.

Archived