Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7/28 Redskins Nation : Larry Addresses "Mic'd Up" Hate Thread

CRobi21

As for Larry doing the play-by-play. He's fine, whatever. Frank Herzog was much better. BUT Larry is terrible on this show. Sure he is paid to be a Homer, fine, whatever, but he is just so awkward at hosting this show. My biggest peeve is when he is interviewing or talking to some one, he is constantly looking into the camera not at the person he is talking too. I've turned this show on once or twice since Bram left and I can't go back. It is embarrasing. I did come across it last night while flipping through and saw the "Mic'ed Up" rant and they all came across as Jack A**es. Have some professionalism

Hey Frank Hanrahan -

Seeing as how you work for Dan Snyder now, you might want to find something else to talk about besides bashing Redskins fans. My number is -. Give me a call, douchebag.

Good one! From his comments, though, I doubt Frankie boy has ever been on this glorious and all-powerful message board:cool:

They WERE NOT talking about ES here. Nor were they bashing fans. They were refering to JLC & his whiny blog.

If that's the case, then Larry must need a lesson on the difference between singular and plural. He used the term "haters," implying more than one, such as Redskins fans. If he meant to direct his comments to JLC, he should have said "hater," since JLC is in fact one person.

I watched that segment.

They also mentioned an "ex beat reporter" who was writing some negative stuff about them. But they didn't say his name. Did anyone else catch that part? I coudln't figure out who they were talking about, or what the situation was.

Ahh, answered my own question reading another thread. The 'sourcerer' is JLC. I guess they have some beef.

I really wish JLC would go on this show for an episode. That would be almost as interesting as listening to Marcus Washington breathe.

Does anyone know how exactly the Source Meter works. Initially, I was under the impression that the higher it got, the more "sources" JLC was using in his blogs. Now it appears the more he posts in his blog, the higher the rating.

Who do you think came up with his idea. I have a hard time believing it was Mouthpiece Michael. Could this have been Snyder or Cerrato's brainchild? I love how Larry always says there are "dozens" of people telling him how much they like it, but there are a boatload of people on this board and emailing in how lame it is.

You guys are seriously over reacting. Larry admitted that the segment didn't go the way they had planned and would wait until the content was edited before they showed it again. I think they were simply trying to give the fans a feel for what a real practice is like up close. Did you really expect Marcus to recite poetry when he was going through drills? So many people here say some pretty rough things about Larry and the show. You have every right to say whatever you want but don't cry like a baby if someone calls you on it. I for one appreciate what they are trying to do. I live in Roanoke,Va and don't have access to some of the news and coverage that you people around the beltway have. I enjoy what ever coverage I can find whether it's from comcast sportsnet, internet news sites or Redskins.com. You should be glad that Larry and the rest read what's written here and consider our opinions.

:applause::cheers:

To be honest, I saw the segment and actually found it a bit amusing if not totally true. I may not be a 1,000 post/day member here, but no one can deny that there are many, many people on the interwebs that would never say some of the things they type in real life - and/or to someone's face. In any case, I didn't really see either of them as "bashing" ESers or anyone else for that matter. A little heat went towards the Sorceror, but I took zero offense to what was said in regards to ES.

Haha yea I saw this last night. Pretty funny how Larry reads extremeskins just to see what we all think here. That is ****ing awesome.

Did anyone catch the part where he was going around while players were signing autographs for the fans on fan appreciation day and just asking them what they thought about all the fans that showed up.

He went up behind Laron and grabbed his shoulder to get his attention and Laron turned around and gave him this look like dont ever grab me like that again. Larry immediately walks off and goes to talk to another player, you could tell he was a little embarassed. It was funny as hell.

Actually, if you had watched the segment, you'd have seen that Laron was being interviewed by someone else, which is why he had a look of confusion on his face.

I think you guys are missing the point here...they did this for us..granted it was a little boring, but still, it was neat to watch and listen when Marcus hit the blockers and such. People around here ***** and moan about everything. I do agree that they should edit it, but man, trashing this idea was wrong...people need to be more apprieciative. They don't have to do any of that for us, but they did, so don't hate apprieciate.

I think you guys are missing the point here...they did this for us..granted it was a little boring, but still, it was neat to watch and listen when Marcus hit the blockers and such. People around here ***** and moan about everything. I do agree that they should edit it, but man, trashing this idea was wrong...people need to be more apprieciative. They don't have to do any of that for us, but they did, so don't hate apprieciate.

Who trashed the idea? It is a good idea, the presentation and product were terrible.

I really wish JLC would go on this show for an episode. That would be almost as interesting as listening to Marcus Washington breathe.

Does anyone know how exactly the Source Meter works. Initially, I was under the impression that the higher it got, the more "sources" JLC was using in his blogs. Now it appears the more he posts in his blog, the higher the rating.

They did the Source Meter segment again tonight. I thought it was funny the first time(s), but its like this is becoming a normal part of the show. A segment dedicated to taking shots at local media.

That's a little weird and petty if you ask me. The organization should be above that IMO.

Does anyone else get annoyed about watching Larry Michael on camera. Its always as if he is looking off to his producer for some direction. I mean Christ!...have a regular conversation with someone or don't have it televised. I realize its not the highest quality programming/production, but at least pretend to care. His facetious jokes that he, as always, looks away from whom he is speaking to as if looking for a reaction from some one from behind the camera. This guy is incredibly annoying.

Oh. And the new guy, Frank (Last Name), who also does the ESPN980 show now, tried to say if we wanna hate on someone, to leave our names and numbers and not to hide behind screenames.

Franks an idiot useing a cliche responce to "anynomous" critisicm. What a dingus.

Haha yea I saw this last night. Pretty funny how Larry reads extremeskins just to see what we all think here. That is ****ing awesome.

Did anyone catch the part where he was going around while players were signing autographs for the fans on fan appreciation day and just asking them what they thought about all the fans that showed up.

He went up behind Laron and grabbed his shoulder to get his attention and Laron turned around and gave him this look like dont ever grab me like that again. Larry immediately walks off and goes to talk to another player, you could tell he was a little embarassed. It was funny as hell.

Larry spoke about the post again yesturday...I didn't realize that he was sooo sensitive! LMAO!!!! His back and forth argument w/ this ES thread makes him look like a little girl....heck, my daughter even knows how to LET IT GO!

He doesn't get that guys like me only care about the team, NOT HIM or any other reporter....

Larry spoke about the post again yesturday...I didn't realize that he was sooo sensitive! LMAO!!!! His back and forth argument w/ this ES thread makes him look like a little girl....heck, my daughter even knows how to LET IT GO!

He doesn't get that guys like me only care about the team, NOT HIM or any other reporter....

I love how he keeps bringing up that the show won all those Emmys :silly:

Haha!!! Thats aweomse. Thats my man. Larry Michael is a total douche bag. I'm glad Laron did it while signing autographs so he doesn't come off like a complete dick.

The funny thing is on Redskins.com TV, they have him saying, "theres laron landry. lets see him." Then all of a sudden, he is approaching someone else and you can tell they cut and edited that portion. I was wondering what happened but now i know. Awesome!!!

So you're saying your daughter is smarter then both you & Larry? :)

He bashed us for making that thread. Then he said if we want to say something on the internet, we should leave our phone number instead of hiding behind a screen name. And if you watched the show and saw his body language you could tell he was pissed. He sat there for the rest of the show with his arms folded all upset.

God, I miss Bram...

What a big BABY. People like that gross me out!!!!!!!!:toilet:

Archived