Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DirecTV Sunday Ticket(deal)

wsniper1

i just called to cancel and was offered $20 off for the next 6 months and free superfan. I took it.

how long did you have direct TV?

my contract is up Sept 1 so i am about to call to "setup" cancelation if they wont give me a deal.

not sure if 2 years of service is good enough to get a deal.

weve had it for about 4 years and we are going in to are 3rd year with the ticket

ok i called to cancel.

I got the free Superfan and 6 months of $10 off... i guess i could have pushed for $20 off but i am so much a wuss at this kind of stuff

anyways still happy with it

called back- explained that my friend got Superfan for free and $10 per month of his bill for a year - I got the Superfan free - no money off my monthly bill. But I'm ok- I now have NFL in HD. Life is well.

Got $20 off for 6 months, Free super fan, and Free Starz for 3 months... My call was very direct. I said

"So every year I call, ask for deal, you give me something minor, I search the web, find a deal, call back, threaten to quite, and then you give me the deal. Can we skip ahead?"

He said "Sure. $20 off 6 months, Free super fan". I said "throw in HBO?" He said he can throw in starz.

Quickest Negotiation ever. (keep in mind, i have had NFL ticket for 5 years now).

You ever get that TV issue sorted out?

it hasn't had any problems except that one time. Think I still need to call repair? The extra warranty is good for awhile longer- figured I'd see what happens.

I called to cancel with the normal CCR and she offered me 6 months worth of $20 off the total cost and free Superfan and I told her to stick it....I have 2 kids under 6 and all Skins games are in HD, there is another 1pm or 4pm in HD and SNF and MNF are in HD so i honestly didn't care as I don't have the time and have to entertain my lil'lins so no worries for me....waiting on Fios here baby...ticket is a show if you have lil kids and live in the area...its a waste to me at least...I get my FFL stats on the laptop anyhoo.

stoked..based on this thread, i called to say that my friend got a deal with:

- Six payments of $24.99 instead of $44.99

- Free SuperFan which includes HD, Red Zone Channel, NFL Game Mix Channel, and SuperCast streaming viewing to Mac/PC and mobile phone (iPhone).

the first time i called, i was denied by a CSR. i called back 10 minutes later and got the CSR to transfer me to the 'promotions' dept.. i lucked into a redskins fan from OK who totally hooked me up w/the same deal..can't wait!!!

Don't even get me started on their whole superfan thingy. I am paying for HD programming, I am paying for NFL ticket and yet I have to pay extra to get the NFL games in HD.......WHY?? I am already paying for both HD and NFL!!

My feelings exactly! For the past two years they have given us the Superfan free because my husband has complained. I really wish that I had read this thread sooner..here I was feeling good about the free Superfan and we obviously settled too quickly. :doh:

I just called today after reading all of your posts. Thank You!

I started by saying that I wanted to talk to someone about Sunday Ticket and that I was thinking of cancelling because it was too expensive. The rep. told me that I was getting the "early bird" deal so I was getting it cheaper than most anyway, so was I sure I wanted to cancel? I said that friends of mine are getting it for $20 off per month and free Superfan, so why should I pay more for the same thing. He said, let me check......yes, I can do that for you, same deal. I accepted, then he offered me HBO and Cinemax for for the price of HBO for 3 months. So I took that too.

Funny thing is, I told my neighbor who then called and asked for the $20 off per month. They gave that to her, but she forgot to ask for free superfan. So she called back and they gave her a song and dance about how only people with certain packages qualify for free superfan and that I qualified for it because I accepted a 2 for 1 deal. (which I was offered after being told I'd get superfan for free). They gave her some song and dance about how the NFL limits what they can give discounts for. The guy ended up giving her something like $12 off her premiums for 6 months, so almost the cost of superfan.

Anyway, that's my story...and thanks again.

This deal can still be had. I had to ask the first lady to send me to someone who could give me the deal since she said she did not have the ability to do it. Next guy gave the $20 off for 6 months making the NFL Ticket 24.99 month. Also landed the free superfan and starz for 3 months.

I do this every single year (if not more times throughout the year just threatening to switch to cable to get credits/free premiums) and this time by far was the easiest.

"Hi Im Josh how can I help"

"Hi Josh my buddy got $20 off a month for sunday ticket, free superfan and free showtime, I want the same"

"OK let me check"

"OK sir youre good to go have a great day"

Easy as pie.

I have gotten the SuperFan free for the last few years just by calling the Cust Retention Direct number: 800-824-9081.

Thank you very much sir!:jump:

I'm a five year DTV ST customer. At first, I called Directtv's normal 800# today. I spent the next 40 mins either holding, transferring or retelling my story to yet another operator. :doh1:

Then they denied me.:mad:

I then searched this thread and called the # above.

Low and behold, the operator was a good ole boy down in Dallas. As soon as he saw I was calling from NOVA the bantering began.:hammer:

The dude ended up being super cool for a Boys fan. He hooked up the free Superfan no questions asked. No further wrangling or haggling.

:point2sky

Archived