Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DL: Redskins front 4

Fan4life

with Chris Wilson and D.Evans rotating in for spot duty. Sounds much better to me. I really like PD, but he was slow as molasses and was more like a DT playing on the end. JT will bring the heat to opposing QB's and now they better look out for both sides of our DL.

I'm also excited to see what Erasmus James can do when healthy. Chris Wilson, Erasmus James coming off the bench to give Taylor and Carter a breather. We should be able to put constant pressure on opposing QB's. Demetric Evans also for depth. Hmmmm.........me likey!!!

WE WILL FINALLY HAVE A FREAKIN PASS RUSH!!!! This will be so awesome. We can hurry the QB more, Fletcher can stay roam in the middle and DB's will have less pressure to cover. Laron can come in and punch people in the mouth while Shweigart roams. I think this solidifies the D and will help the offense come along quite nicely. Wish Daniels was still around so we could use him as a DT on third down as planned before!

all I can say is it has potential.. has potential to dramatically change what we can do defensively and what teams will have to scheme for... but being a long time skin's fan, we've had potential on paper in a lot most offseasons, just gotta see if it pans out..

I don't think its a stretch to say that both Carter and Taylor can have 12+ sacks. Last year Carter had 11 while facing constant double teams because our other ends were a bunch of nobodies.

For however long Jason Taylor plays, we will have one of the best lines in football.

all I can say is it has potential.. has potential to dramatically change what we can do defensively and what teams will have to scheme for... but being a long time skin's fan, we've had potential on paper in a lot most offseasons, just gotta see if it pans out..

Bruce Smith still played well when he came. And Taylor has continually played at a high level upon his arrival. I'm not worried about him like other players we have gotten looking good on paper.

Maybe this will mean that they won't have Marcus Washignton as a down lineman and we can disguise more of our blitz'

With this one trade, the Redskins went from being questionable on the DL to very good. Carter and Taylor on the ends with Wilson and Evans providing relief. Montgomery and Griffin with Golston providing relief.

As a result, next year's draft can be dedicated to an elite CB and the OL.

Tight ends and running backs will probably have to stay in and block more which will also help our pass defense a lot. More guys having to protect means less guys out on the field running routes. This trade just makes too much damn sense! Great job getting it done quick Vinny :applause:

We really need Griff to stay healthy and bring us that rush up the middle. Montgomery's roll is simply to hold his ground and make as many tackles as possible. If we can get a consistent pass rush from Carter, Griff, and Taylor, it's over. Our secondary will finally have the kind of pressure they need up front to make plays on the ball.

Taylor also gives Erasmus James the chance to properly heal up to make a better contribution this year. If Taylor indeed leaves after one year, James will be battle tested and ready to unleash hell in 09.

The push around the ends will be something few QBs have seen from the skins for years. The DTs and London should have a good year killing the middle.

They will have some good depth and can move things around.

I really like this move...not sure why it's so polarizing.

Archived