Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DL: Redskins front 4

Fan4life

Yeah, I was wondering if I had said something monumentally stupid :D

If we get Hanyesworth and Blache cuts Carter and JT loose allowing them to play like they're capable, then this line really could be something special.

I do hope Redskins One is spotted in Tennessee come March :applause:

I hope NOT! Haynesworth has some miles. I'm not sure if we would get the same production out of him. We are not one DT away from serious contention. IMO, by the time we are, he will be on his way out.

Titans are already working on a contract extension with him, hopefully it works out.

I hope NOT! Haynesworth has some miles. I'm not sure if we would get the same production out of him. We are not one DT away from serious contention. IMO, by the time we are, he will be on his way out.

Titans are already working on a contract extension with him, hopefully it works out.

Well, that's something to consider certainly.

I think he would be worth it if the deal is right of course, and it's not out of the relm of possibility we could be serious contenders come the 2010 season. I am still hopeful Zorn can get this offense humming by then.

We all are screaming for DT help and AH is the best DT out there IMO.

If nothing else at all I hope that Redskins One makes two stops. I hope it lands in Charlotte, NC and picks up and signs Jordan Gross if he's not franchised. Then I hope it then proceeds to Cincinnati, Oh and picks up and signs Shayne Graham.

I honestly don't believe this team needs Albert Haynesworth. Firstly, because the price would be prohibitive and thusly unjustifiable; and secondly, we have a young, emerging one-technique in Monty. We would be prudent to develop our own and coach Monty up. The spot, opposite of Montgomery, the three-tech, is where we need an upgrade.

All of Haynesworth speculation is moot, IMO, as the Titans will likely lock him up once their season concludes.

Just forget about Haynesworth. Our line is serviceable now and we make get lucky in the draft. Work hard to get Jason Brown from the Ravens and draft a couple of big offensive linemen. We can ever get out of the 3 and out route we actually may even see a bigger DL push from rested players.

PS You don't see my name on this thread - until now.

2 sacks, one per wasted draft pick :D

Yeah, JT was a disappointment this season, but not NEARLY as much as a lot of folks on here seem to think. He also had 7 batted passes. Two of them ended up being intercepted, and one of those was directly responsible for a team win. So, while his pass rush was ineffective a great deal of the time, he did get SOME good results. Also, he is not a bull-rusher - he is a speed & finesse guy. Moving to the other side of the line will always screw up that type of pass rusher.

Bottom line, his results WERE disappointing to me, but a hell of a lot better than most posts here indicate, when everything is considered.

Jason Taylor was just a bad fit here, with this scheme, to begin with. You think that might've occurred to Vinny before pulling the trigger; hindsight is simply not applicable in that regard. Asking Jason to play two gaps is the antithesis of what he did in Miami.

1. Draft a pass rushing DE or pocket collapsing DT at #13 in Round 1.

2. Release Jason Taylor.

3. Release Cornelius Griffin.

4. Retain Golston and Montgomery as rotation candidates.

5. Bring the 29 year old Andre Carter back and give him one more year, this time with a solid rusher on the other side to work off of.

6. Resign Demetric Evans as he can play all four down positions for the club and is effective as a spot starter (but not a 16 game regular).

7. Sign ONE free agent veteran DL in the offseason at the mid-tier. If the pick is a DE, sign DT. If the pick is DT, sign DE.

1. Draft a pass rushing DE or pocket collapsing DT at #13 in Round 1.

2. Release Jason Taylor.

3. Release Cornelius Griffin.

4. Retain Golston and Montgomery as rotation candidates.

5. Bring the 29 year old Andre Carter back and give him one more year, this time with a solid rusher on the other side to work off of.

6. Resign Demetric Evans as he can play all four down positions for the club and is effective as a spot starter (but not a 16 game regular).

7. Sign ONE free agent veteran DL in the offseason at the mid-tier. If the pick is a DE, sign DT. If the pick is DT, sign DE.

Sounds good to me But,,, if a top 5 OT is available Take him instead

Archived