Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Favre to the Redskins?

ThePreciating

Because he was a single completion away from the Super Bowl on a team where the offense was made up of largely unknowns.

Sucky running back, no-name receivers. Give Favre weapons like Moss, Portis, and Cooley. Watch what happens.

EDIT - I am attributing the success of the Packers RBs and WRs to having Favre at QB.

Bingo!

Offering 2 picks for CJ was a RUMOR, and even if it wasn't it never happened

Offering picks for Boldin were RUMOR, and even if it wasn't it never happened

We did not sign Erasmus James we traded for him, a 7th rounder to be exact

We signed the punt returnewr and later released him, no story there

There is your explanation, you are making up junk

Set the bong down.

CJ wasn't a rumor, the Bengals confirmed it. So because they said no, that means we have changed, and are no longer interested in offering picks for vets?

Rightttttt. Gotcha.

Thanks for clearing that up.

2008 form?

The signing of Erasmus James, a player a team thought was a backup, like Favre?

No one actually thinks Favre is a back-up. The Packers are calling him that b/c they have no other way to describe him since he can't realistically fit into their organization. I think he'd be a starting QB on any team. Not saying he's the right fit for the Skins, just that he's still starter material.

i could see it happening and it might not be that bad of a move....JC could get a year to learn Zorn's west coast and Favre could run the offense he has basically his entire career.....on the other hand it could piss off the locker room that we screwed over JC and we could be in for a miserable season....we will see

Not likely to happen.... but I dont see why people would not want him. Campbell could learn a lot from him and has even said he looks up to him. Favre had a pro bowl season last year and probably has 2 years left in him. He also did not have the weapons here like CP, Cooley and Moss all who are in the prime of their career.

Here are his stats last year vs. Campbell's

Favre

YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

2007 GNB 16 356 535 66.5 4155 7.8 28 82 15 95.7

Campbell

2007WAS1325041760.027006.512541177.6

I agree that is doesn't send a good message to Campbell who we used a first round pick and several others to trade for but its hard to say no to him if he is actually available.

Not likely to happen.... but I dont see why people would not want him. Campbell could learn a lot from him and has even said he looks up to him. Favre had a pro bowl season last year and probably has 2 years left in him. He also did not have the weapons here like CP, Cooley and Moss all who are in the prime of their career.

Here are his stats last year vs. Campbell's

Favre

2007 GNB 16 356 535 66.5 4155 7.8 28 82 15 95.7

Campbell

2007WAS1325041760.027006.512541177.6

I agree that is doesn't send a good message to Campbell who we used a first round pick and several others to trade for but its hard to say no to him if he is actually available.

Look at Favre's stats the two years before.

Consider how weak GB's schedule was last year. And no weapons? Favre has a couple young freaks at receiver and a solid line. Campbell was throwing to midgets and castoffs from other teams and had an undrafted rookie protecting him.

Consider how JC outplayed him in Green Bay last year.

Consider Favre's age.

Consider that Green Bay wants to go with Aaron Rodgers, a qb drafted in the same year and round as Campbell but has showed far less.

No thanks. I really can't believe anyone would be behind this move.

If he hit the free agent market or we could get him for a conditional pick where we only gave up a 1st if he played for us atleast two years and went to the probowl once, i would be all for it. I don't think Campbell is the future and it would give Brennan time to develop. However, I dont see this team as going to the superbowl - even with favre. our defense is too weak. It just doesnt seem worth it to give up a draft pick when it wouldnt result in a reasonable chance at getting the title.

Look at Favre's stats the two years before.

Consider how weak GB's schedule was last year. And no weapons? Favre has a couple young freaks at receiver and a solid line. Campbell was throwing to midgets and castoffs from other teams and had an undrafted rookie protecting him.

Consider how JC outplayed him in Green Bay last year.

Consider Favre's age.

Consider that Green Bay wants to go with Aaron Rodgers, a qb drafted in the same year and round as Campbell but has showed far less.

No thanks. I really can't believe anyone would be behind this move.

Like I said its not likely to happen, but Favre knows how to win and bring a team back at the end of the game. Also, even though Campbell may have outplayed him...he won the game, which is what matters most.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

Read my lips: There's no way in hell the Redskins want Farve, no way. That would slap the chemistry of this team right in the face.

I wish Farve well with his problem with the Packers on his release, but come on guys and gals, this would be an insult to Jason, Collins and yes, Colt. You would be telling these guys you can't cut it, so move over while we do something stupid, again.

It's slow July and the sports media needs something to kick around and everybody and his mother have their respective two-cents to add to the wild fire.

I have been saying for over a month now that if he isn't in green and gold this coming season..... just replace the green with a more reddish brown color and a different somewhat circular logo.

And yes, I am for it. Jason went 1-3 in our own division and Favre took them to the NFC championship with no running game for the first half of the season. You show me proof that Jason has earned his money, draft position, starting spot and unflinching respect and I will show you too much emphasis on possibilities and no actualities.

We are judged by what we accomplish. Not by what we are capable of.

Now where are those Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, Jim Druckenmiller, Patrick Ramsey, Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Alex Smith, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Matt Leinart, David Carr, and Dan McGwire images to post when I need them?

Oh, right. Most of them were out of the league so quickly they didn't even get their photos taken for the team roster....

I have been saying for over a month now that if he isn't in green and gold this coming season..... just replace the green with a more reddish brown color and a different somewhat circular logo.

And yes, I am for it. Jason went 1-3 in our own division and Favre took them to the NFC championship with no running game for the first half of the season. You show me proof that Jason has earned his money, draft position, starting spot and unflinching respect and I will show you too much emphasis on possibilities and no actualities.

We are judged by what we accomplish. Not by what we are capable of.

Now where are those Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, Jim Druckenmiller, Patrick Ramsey, Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Alex Smith, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Matt Leinart, David Carr, and Dan McGwire images to post when I need them?

Oh, right. Most of them were out of the league so quickly they didn't even get their photos taken for the team roster....

Rex did go to a SB as a starter! So the Pack are willing to take a chance on a not accomplished QB that can easily be added to your list but for some reason you think Skins should be smarter :doh: and give up the future for MAYBE a winning season with Farve this year?

The funny thing is....Do you think if we did get him everyone would still pick us to finish last in the NFC East?

Yes.

Just say NO to Favre.

And you may also want to edit your sig. I think it's over the size requirements.

Archived