Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Favre to the Redskins?

ThePreciating

I have been saying for over a month now that if he isn't in green and gold this coming season..... just replace the green with a more reddish brown color and a different somewhat circular logo.

The only teams that are interested in Favre are teams within his (previous) division. He would not settle for backup status and that's what he would be if he came here or anyother team.

Get ahold of your logical thinking.

as much as i love bret favre as the next guy, Daniel Snyder learned from his 2000 fiasco with the Deion/Mark Carrier/Bruce Smith high price signings and paying to see training camp time!

trust me fellaz and ladiez (helloooooo ladies:)) there will be no Bret Favre on the redskins!

our PR department would go crazy!

Now i would admit that Favre does have some gas in the tank more than those guys had when we got them!!! they were way washed up!! only thing they had was their name!!

Rex did go to a SB as a starter! So the Pack are willing to take a chance on a not accomplished QB that can easily be added to your list but for some reason you think Skins should be smarter :doh: and give up the future for MAYBE a winning season with Farve this year?

Heh, they went to the SB DESPITE he being the starter. When their defense lost a step, they bottomed out and he was benched after Week 3.

Rodgers hasn't proven he isn't the guy yet. And Campbell hasn't proven he is. And the opinion part of all of this is I don't think Campbell is the guy. So having a HoF even if for a year when both of our starting lines have a good year or two left in them at most.... hell, I would take the gamble. Besides, it would be rediculous to think Colt would be ready to start this year....

This is getting ridiculous. If this were 7 years ago I'd be all for it, but now we have our own potential franchise QB that we'll undoubtly lose if this happens.

Yea ur rite, our potential franchise QB is probably in college right now, or maybe in high school!! we will see him soon!! hopefully!!

The only teams that are interested in Favre are teams within his (previous) division. He would not settle for backup status and that's what he would be if he came here or anyother team.

Get ahold of your logical thinking.

You think he would come here to back up Jason "I can't orchestrate a comeback to save my life" Campbell? This is Brett Favre. He alone will add 20% to the revenue stream from merchandise this year. And lest you forget.... Dan Snyder is a businessman. And lest you forget the TWO first round picks we offered for Chad Johnson. And lest you forget a zebra doesn't change its stripes. All logic points to us taking him for a year or two solely on business sense.

Logic.

There is no way Favre comes here to back up Campbell. I don't know if he lands here. No one does. But I do know if he does come here, he is the starter from day one. Thats not even logic. Thats common sense.

Here is an update from PFT.

Mike Francesa may be pushing the idea of a trade that lands Brett Favre with Dan Snyder’s club but David Elfin of the Washington Times is hearing otherwise.

In an article today, Elfin quotes multiple sources who think that there’s little chance of Favre playing quarterback in Jim Zorn’s West Coast offense. One thinks that if Favre is traded it will only be to an AFC club while the other says that “there’s zero chance. Why would you do that for one year? I think Brett plays in Green Bay or he doesn’t play.”

There’s a contrasting view offered, however, which revolves around Snyder’s fondness for making a big splash when it comes to acquiring players. Would he be able to resist the biggest ticket item to come on the market since he bought the team? Elfin spoke to yet another source who indicated that the Packers’ dream scenario is one pitting Snyder against Falcons owner Arthur Blank in a bidding war for Favre’s services.

Snyder’s penchant for the big move and Zorn’s offensive scheme mean that the Redskins make sense as a destination for Favre. The wildly divergent viewpoints, however, mean that no one’s got a clue about how this whole mess is going to end up.

I give this about a 1% chance of happening.

Would it improve the Redskins? Of course. Favre had a probowl season last year. He played great until the last game (where he was horrible, but it wasn't all on him) Anyone who thinks he's washed up after the season he had last year...they're just hating. He still has a lot of talent.

But should he come here? No. Salary cap issues, roster issues would be pretty big. Chemistry I don't think so. I think most of the team would welcome him. But it kind of screws up future plans, so I don't think it will happen. I give it 1%.

What exactly do you have against JC that can be justified with solid facts?

The dude aint the answer, i would love to have him as a back up though!! but your one of those JC fans so i aint even gonna argue with you about him!!! I think JC put a voodoo spell on yall!! cause yall seem like you all are just blind!!! Or possesed by the spirit of the Great Campbell!! yall treat the guy like baby new year!!!

Oh, and I just thought of maybe one reason Zorn might like the idea. He wouldn't have to spend any time working with Favre on mechanics or how he reads defenses. He would just need to learn the playbook and run the drills.

That would give him a LOT more time to develop Brennan, who he has admitted he loved the idea of developing him.

And all the Brennan haters said he wouldn't see camp either due to being cut or injured reserve....

He is cleared for training camp and got a 4 year contract.

Hollenbach got cut.

Can Brett Favre just go to Alaska and hide, I'm sick of him. It's just getting old!

I don't want him here, I want to see if Jason Campbell is the answer or if we have to focus on getting a new QB in 2009

He aint!! You might as well get ready to draft one for 09!!!

You think he would come here to back up Jason "I can't orchestrate a comeback to save my life" Campbell? This is Brett Favre. He alone will add 20% to the revenue stream from merchandise this year. And lest you forget.... Dan Snyder is a businessman. And lest you forget the TWO first round picks we offered for Chad Johnson. And lest you forget a zebra doesn't change its stripes. All logic points to us taking him for a year or two solely on business sense.

Logic.

There is no way Favre comes here to back up Campbell. I don't know if he lands here. No one does. But I do know if he does come here, he is the starter from day one. Thats not even logic. Thats common sense.

Hey, you can dream all you want to, I won't rain on your parade.

The Packers are playing hardball with Favre and won't let him out of his contract. He will not be traded, period.

I will take JC and all of his problems, as you alluded to, and go with the future of this club. Taking Favre would be a desperate move and telling your ball club that our present QBs are garbage.

Dream on dude.

The dude aint the answer, i would love to have him as a back up though!! but your one of those JC fans so i aint even gonna argue with you about him!!! I think JC put a voodoo spell on yall!! cause yall seem like you all are just blind!!! Or possesed by the spirit of the Great Campbell!! yall treat the guy like baby new year!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I laugh at you.

Like I said its not likely to happen, but Favre knows how to win and bring a team back at the end of the game. Also, even though Campbell may have outplayed him...he won the game, which is what matters most.

Favre didn't want squat. Santana Moss lost the game for us.

Archived