Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Favre to the Redskins?

ThePreciating

I haven't taken the time to read all 9 pages of this post, so this may have already been brought up. What does all this chatter about Favre do to Campbell's mental readiness? Could this make him feel less adequate. If we take Favre -- where will we be QB wise in a few years? I think we need to pick a QB we can shape to be a franchise QB and Favre doesn't do that for us while Campbell can.

It is possible that this year all the draft picks burned a whole in Snyder's pocket and now he feels the need to go back to his old ways of getting players way passed their prime for way too much.....this would be stupid.

It would be stupid, but it's equally stupid to suggest that Snyder was ever into getting players way passed [sic] their prime. He did once: his first year in the league (2000). Archuleta was GW's choice, by the way.

Trading for Favre would be the last straw for me and this front office. Always giving up too much too quickly. What did NE get Randy Moss for....a 4th rounder. Yet we offer 2 firsts for CJ...thats how stupid they are sometimes....Thank god Cincinatti stuck to their guns and declined. If this Favre thing goes down, it would just add to the idiocy our FO has shown since 2000

JC has played in only 20 NFL games. We're talking just slightly more than one season of game action, and in that time he has thrown 22 TDs and 17 INTs. How many QBs can say they had a plus-5 ratio over their first 20 NFL games? I have no idea, but I know there a lot of great QBs who didn't come anywhere close to that. With a lot of Pro Bowl or even Hall of Fame QBs, you almost have to throw their rookie numbers out the window, because they struggled while adjusting to the league. Yet Campell put up a plus-5 over his first 20 games, and people are ready to pull the plug on him

Don't forget his 13 fumbles last year... 8 of which we lost.

Thats a -3 touchdown to turnover ratio.

And he isn't a rookie. Peyton Manning was a rookie and set records for touchdowns, yardage and completions and his team went 3-13. Why? Because the Colts were awful. But he was good....

Ahh good old Florio. There isn't even a rumor about him coming here

"Jim Zorn is the new coach of the Redskins, and he’ll be using a version of the West Coast offense. Favre has been running the West Coast offense for his entire career.

Also, Redskins owner Dan Snyder has a history of targeting big-name players, and of giving up draft picks to get them. Given that franchise quarterbacks rarely if ever are available via trade or otherwise, perhaps Snyder and the ‘Skins won’t be able to resist."

Quick show me where there's any smidgen of info in there that would suggest that Favre would come here. Why wouldn't he be going to the Raiders, Al Davis has a history of targeting big-name players too.

PFT is pathetic.

What I don't understand are the pro JCers who swear he is the guy and needs more time. The guy has been in the league 4 years. He is 27 years old, which is not very young. He has shown me nothing that says he will be an above average starter, let alone a franchise QB.

Jason Campbell is going into his 4th year. He didn't get a chance to play until the 11th game of his 2nd and was injured for the last four of his 3rd. He has played in 20 games thats it. Here JC's numbers compared to other QB's at similar points in their careers.

Jason Campbell's numbers through his first 19 games...

Comp:350 Att:608 PCT:57.6 YARDS:3,897 TD:22 INT:17 SACKED:27 RAT:77.2

Drew Brees first year as a starter...he got much worse his 2nd year which I didn't show.

COMP:320 ATT:526 PCT:60.8 YARDS:3,284 TD:17 INT:16 SCK:24 RAT:76.6

Tom Brady first year as a starter he played in 15 games.

COMP:264 ATT:513 PCT:63.9 YARDS:2,843 TD:18 INT:12 SCK:41 RAT:86.5

Brett Farve's 1st year as a starter played 15 games. His 2nd year was worse with 19td's 24ints.

COMP:302 ATT:471 PCT:64.1 YARDS:3,227 TDS:18 INTS:13 SCK:34 RAT:85.3

Peyton Manning's 1st year as a starter, started all 16 games.

COMP:326 ATT:575 PCT:56.7 YARDS:3,739 TD:26 INT:28 SCK:22 RAT:71.2

What I don't understand are the pro JCers who swear he is the guy and needs more time. The guy has been in the league 4 years. He is 27 years old, which is not very young. He has shown me nothing that says he will be an above average starter, let alone a franchise QB.

QBs can play until they are 35+ so he's plenty young. He just completed his first full season as a starter so I don't really hold his first year against him (by the way, he's only been in the league for three years).

I'm not a huge JC guy but I do want him to succeed. Objectively though, why wouldn't you expect him to at least continue to progress into an average QB over the next couple years?

Archived