Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What, no Favre thread?

Spaceman Spiff

This is a great analysis. Especially about JC.

The stipulation I think you left out is putting an end to JCs career in the burgundy and gold. I could see him landing on the Bears, the Vikings, the 49ers, the Bucs, the Panthers and the Jets.

We also released Sam Hollenbach.... so Colt pretty much got the active roster job because I don't see Devine pushing him back to the practice squad.

Favre with a vet backup for two years and then Brennan sounds pretty damn good to me. And I know I am obviously the minority in this thread, but if we are going to push for a deep playoff run or a trophy.... we only have a really good window of a year or two.... and heres why.

Jon Jansen

Randy Thomas

Phillip Daniels

Pete Kendall

Jason Fabini

London Fletcher (personally I think he has 4 or 5 years in him...)

Shawn Springs

Marcus Washington (maybe more, but he gets hurt more and more...)

Remember, we have the oldest team in football by a hair, the oldest D-line by more and the oldest O-line by a mile and a half.

If the FO thinks we have a "we're on the verge" attitude, and they do because I have heard Cerrato and Snyder say it numerous times.... this makes perfect sense.

And really, would all of you who hate the idea and are already making stupid ultimatums be pissed if we won a championship? Hell, even if we got there. I wager a few might still hate it, but you can't please everyone, right? And no, I am not for trading our future for the present. I believe the brightest future we have at this very moment is Brennan. And the ONLY reason I say that is because he has yet to disappoint me, be outplayed in our division by a perennial backup and hasn't had excuses to explain why he leads long comeback drives only to choke it away in the end.

And yes, that makes ME angry.

I love JC. I am excited about our 2008 season. But come on........

Brett Favre? Coming off statistically one of the best years of his first-round-HOF-ballot career which includes 3 MVP awards?????

You wouldn't want Brett Favre on your team?!

You gotta be kidding me.

Look at what he did the 3 previous years. Crap. His chances of recreating last season. Slim and none, and Slim just left the room.

Pass on this idiocy. Seriously

and I would even cross the Vikings off that list, cause there is no way in the WORLD he goes to a division rival....

You think there will be anarchy if the Packers releaseor trade Favre?

Imagine the chaos if he goes to any of the NFC North teams..OMG!

It's between the Bucs and Redskins for the system....

If traded to the AFC to get him out of the Conference,then maybe he goes to K.C.(like Montana) but I doubt it!

I do think he goes to a cold weather city like GB....So that takes out T.B....

I truly believe it's between the Indian teams...The Chiefs or Redskins.....

and honestly...I got a weird feeling we are gonna get him....

It's cold....There's that redskins/Packer connection with Lombardi.....We have yellow in our uni's.......and we used to have the GB/Redskin Lombardi helmet with the "R"....We will be running Zorn's West Coast Offense.....There's that Zorn/Holmgren/Favre connection.......We play on grass.............and in all honesty?We are not settled at QB as much as us Redskin fans want to hope we are!

Let's just put it this way......I will be more Suprised if we don't land Favre,than if we do!

Oh...by the way....Frost(P) will be cut,so #4 will be an open #....

I'm telling you now...if this happens,I can definately see a Patriots VS Redskins (Brady VS Favre SB 43)

Favre leaves with a bang! (remember..?the Skins always follow the Giants after a SB win)

I freakin' knew it!hahaha(ya..here you go) http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Redskins | Favre showing interest in team?

Sat, 12 Jul 2008 06:27:16 -0700

John Murphy, of Next Level Scouting, reports retired QB Brett Favre could target the Washington Redskins as a team he would like to play for should he become a free agent, according to a well-placed league source. Favre would unlikely want to play for a team within the NFC North, while local options such as the Tennessee Titans, Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints also seem out of the question. The Redskins present a team that implements an offense similar to one that Favre has played in throughout his career. In addition, the team possesses key offensive weapons that make them a championship contender. Finally, team owner Daniel Snyder has long been known as not only a bit of a "wild card" in terms of ownership style, but also likes to stir the pot among league owners.

Redskins will trade for him....

I'm thinking probably a 3rd round pick...Or maybe a 4th being it conditional on performance..

Mark it down!The Redskins will have #4 Brett Favre in a Skins uni by the end of next week! :cheers:

oh..and he will need to restructure his contract as it's like 3 years left and 24 million or something?But we can and will do it! :notworthy

This thread boils down to people that don't want to see Jason Campbell as a Redskin anymore and those that would like to see Jason Campbell as a Redskin. Favre is two years tops. Jason Campbell will not resign with the Redskins and will most likely ask to be released himself if we did sign Favre. If you folks feel like we shouldn't be developing Quarterbacks that's fine. We got Mark Brunell instead of using Todd Collins, I'm really glad we did that, great move.

The thing is Zorn is here for that very reason. To develop Quarterbacks. Favre isn't even on the radar.

LOL, it's absolutly hallarious that lots of you think that if we were to sign Brett we would win the SB auotmatically. Ya it's that easy sign him up and now we are the champs. I'm sure, lol. He already has great chemestry with Moss, ARE, Cooley and portis dosen't he, hell if our first game was today and Farve was our QB we would probably beat the giants 70-0, easy as that right???

Remember Farve has been with the Packers for a long time now, he's good in there system not our. Everyone is talking about JC INT's, but did you forget that brett holds the record for the most INT ever. Don't get me wrong Brett was a great QB, but he is 38 and bringing him to D.C. isn't the answer. We are already built to win, JC will do just fine this year, everyone needs to calm down and wait for the year to start. And o ya, we played the packers last year and JC would have lead us to a victory in that game but Moss fumbled, thought I'd refresh your memories on that. JC stays and we will have a very good year.

Go skins

This thread boils down to people that don't want to see Jason Campbell as a Redskin anymore and those that would like to see Jason Campbell as a Redskin. Favre is two years tops. Jason Campbell will not resign with the Redskins and will most likely ask to be released himself if we did sign Favre. If you folks feel like we shouldn't be developing Quarterbacks that's fine. We got Mark Brunell instead of using Todd Collins, I'm really glad we did that, great move.

The thing is Zorn is here for that very reason. To develop Quarterbacks. Favre isn't even on the radar.

Exactly. Heck, even if we didn't have JC, I don't think Favre would make sense. He's 38, a huge drama queen who can't decide if he wants to play or not, and not only would the skins have to trade for him, they would then have to restructure some contracts to get his huge salary under the cap. And we have lots of things we're going to need that money for in the very near future.

Redskins will trade for him....

I'm thinking probably a 3rd round pick...Or maybe a 4th being it conditional on performance..

Mark it down!The Redskins will have #4 Brett Favre in a Skins uni by the end of next week! :cheers:

oh..and he will need to restructure his contract as it's like 3 years left and 24 million or something?But we can and will do it! :notworthy

:doh:

I hate Redskins fans. Umm.....

:paranoid:

Zorn hand-picked Colt Brennan...not JC....

JC was Gibbs guy...Oh..you guys think that Zorn came here because of campbell?

Then how come ZORN specifically hand-pick Colt Brennan,when he has a project in Campbell?

I'll tell you why!

Because even though Campbell has proven to have a great arm and good physical skills,he hasn't proven that he can win big games in crunch time!

Colt Brennan is the future to this team...Not JC...Sorry..

The signing of Brett Favre will definately confirm that...

Colt learns offense for a year or 2,then ready...

I'm only guessing here and may very well be wrong...Maybe Campbell is the future

One thing is for sure...We will find out for sure in this Brett favre fiasco...

If we let Brett go,then JC is the Man......If we take Favre,then Campbell will be phased out and Brennan will be the future...

Then how come ZORN specifically hand-pick Colt Brennan,when he has a project in Campbell?

I'll tell you why!

Because even though Campbell has proven to have a great arm and good physical skills,he hasn't proven that he can win big games in crunch time!

Oh i forget that Jim Zorn wanted Josh Johnson. Oh right i forget that in Jim Zorn's plan that we drafted a punter ahead of a franchise QB. Was it Jim Zorn's plan to take him in the 6th round too? :laugh:

Do you realize how ****in clueless you are

JC was Gibbs guy...Oh..you guys think that Zorn came here because of campbell?

I'll tell you why!

The signing of Brett Favre will definately confirm that...

Colt learns offense for a year or 2,then ready...

I'm only guessing here and may very well be wrong...Maybe Campbell is the future

One thing is for sure...We will find out for sure in this Brett favre fiasco...

If we let Brett go,then JC is the Man......If we take Favre,then Campbell will be phased out and Brennan will be the future...

Um, no. Zorn wanted Josh Johnson but Gruden got him first. The Brennan Fanclub on this board is hilarious. How many undersized qbs from the run and shoot pan out in the NFL? I hope I'm wrong, but I think there's a much better chance he's the next Timmy Chang than a winning NFL qb.

Oh i forget that Jim Zorn wanted Josh Johnson. Oh right i forget that in Jim Zorn's plan that we drafted a punter ahead of a franchise QB. Was it Jim Zorn's plan to take him in the 6th round too? :laugh:

Thank you for speaking the truth. His posts are dropping my IQ down. I only have a couple of points left!

:mad:

We had built ourselves a lead in the game, but it quickly diminished as our offense became extremely conservative. - Chris Cooley

Damn that Jason Campbell for not getting it done in crunch time! It's all his fault!

Bills game, I think there was what, six runs in a row to lose the game? Disgraceful.

edit: I think I finally found something to add as my sig!

Yea..OK...I'm sure when the pick came...Zorn was thinking....gosh you know what?I really wanted Josh Johnson but now he's gone!

I guess I'm gonna settle for Colt Brennan... :( Since there's nothing else on the board that this team needs...

Don't believe everything you hear you 21 year old momma's boy... :silly:

I'm sure the whole organization had such disdain for the selection of Colt Brennan,that they can't believe he would take a fly on a guy with 70& career passing % and numerous college records broken you freakin' idiot....

Learn some football and come see me and I might let you hold the toilet paper,while I take a ****!

Yea..OK...I'm sure when the pick came...Zorn was thinking....gosh you know what?I really wanted Josh Johnson but now he's gone!

I guess I'm gonna settle for Colt Brennan... :( Since there's nothing else on the board that this team needs...

Don't believe everything you hear you 21 year old momma's boy... :silly:

I'm sure the whole organization had such disdain for the selection of Colt Brennan,that they can't believe he would take a fly on a guy with 70& career passing % and numerous college records broken you freakin' idiot....

Learn some football and come see me and I might let you hold the toilet paper,while I take a ****!

Haha youre a joke and you know it. This team knew it needed a 3rd sting QB and was going to take 1 regardless of who was HC. :doh:

and I would even cross the Vikings off that list, cause there is no way in the WORLD he goes to a division rival....

You think there will be anarchy if the Packers releaseor trade Favre?

Imagine the chaos if he goes to any of the NFC North teams..OMG!

It's between the Bucs and Redskins for the system....

If traded to the AFC to get him out of the Conference,then maybe he goes to K.C.(like Montana) but I doubt it!

I do think he goes to a cold weather city like GB....So that takes out T.B....

I truly believe it's between the Indian teams...The Chiefs or Redskins.....

and honestly...I got a weird feeling we are gonna get him....

It's cold....There's that redskins/Packer connection with Lombardi.....We have yellow in our uni's.......and we used to have the GB/Redskin Lombardi helmet with the "R"....We will be running Zorn's West Coast Offense.....There's that Zorn/Holmgren/Favre connection.......We play on grass.............and in all honesty?We are not settled at QB as much as us Redskin fans want to hope we are!

Let's just put it this way......I will be more Suprised if we don't land Favre,than if we do!

Oh...by the way....Frost(P) will be cut,so #4 will be an open #....

I'm telling you now...if this happens,I can definately see a Patriots VS Redskins (Brady VS Favre SB 43)

Favre leaves with a bang! (remember..?the Skins always follow the Giants after a SB win)

Look at what he writes, and just point and laugh at him:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Archived