Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something a few of the FedEX Whine and Cheesers would love

Walking Deadman

and yes, I wrote Whine that way on purpose.

From profootballtalk.com

"MORE EVIDENCE THAT JOE FAN IS GETTING THE SQUEEZE?

Posted by Mike Florio on June 28, 2008, 1:42 p.m.

In response to our rant about the possibility that PSLs will squeeze out of the stadium the blue-collar fans who helped make the game what it is, a fan of the Chiefs has pointed out to us some other evidence of a fundamental change in the manner in which folks are now expected to watch live football.

In a “Chiefs Fan Code of Conduct,” folks attending home games are told that Arrowhead Stadium staff will “proactively intervene” to prevent behaviors such as . . . drum roll, please . . . standing.

We’ve been to enough football games to know that it can be a pain in the arse when the guys in front of you decide to stand up, if for example the road team is facing third down and seven in the fourth quarter of a tie game. But that’s football. The easy answer? Stand up, too. And if you don’t like all of the sitting and standing, then don’t go to a football game (or to a Catholic church — rim shot).

The Chiefs also have set up a text-messaging system that allows fans who might be offended by behaviors like standing to report the situation to the powers-that-be. It provides the non-confrontational types who might be offended by sitting a way to tattle while still maintaining plausible deniability.

We don’t mean to pick on the Chiefs here. For all we know, every other team prohibits standing as well. (We welcome PFT Planet to post links in the comments to any other no-standing policies from other venues.)

And maybe, down the road, it’s just another way to raise money. Fans will be able to stand.

If they’ve purchased a Personal Standing License."

I'm all for football stadiums to maintain some civility but jeeze....

and I got told/asked to sit down last year during the Cardinals game during 3rd downs :mad:

See its people who whine about people standing that loses the stadiums atmosphere. For example...RFK Stadium...I am too young to know about it personally but I have seen it in videos. I mean were these people just sitting down? NO! What gives college games home field advantage? OH YEAH - fans getting into the game. Dude when I am at or watching a game I get LOUD! Why not?? If I get loud I may get someone else amped up. Say we get a good couple hundred people amped up....guess what - OUR team will feel it and get all excited. So I say

STAND UP AND ENJOY YOURSELF! You paid the money to get that seat - your doing nothing to offend anyone...so STAND UP! If they want to tell you to sit down - just politely say, sorry I am a serious and compassionate fan. I do not just sit when I watch the game - I GET IN THE GAME! Sorry that is too much for you.

STAND UP MY FELLOW FANS! Me and my fiancee will be at the NYG game somewhere in the 100 sections havent decided where to buy my seats yet - but I WILL be standing up and giving my team support and motivation

I was told to sit down at the Eagles game and get this, the seat I was sitting in was right at the entrance of one of the tunnels where the handicapped people sit. There's two seats then a space for a wheelchair. I was in the very end seat so guess what? Nobody behind me but I was still told I had to sit down because the people up behind the seat i was in (you know about 6 feet above where I was) said they couldn't see.

See its people who whine about people standing that loses the stadiums atmosphere. For example...RFK Stadium...I am too young to know about it personally but I have seen it in videos. I mean were these people just sitting down? NO! What gives college games home field advantage? OH YEAH - fans getting into the game. Dude when I am at or watching a game I get LOUD! Why not?? If I get loud I may get someone else amped up. Say we get a good couple hundred people amped up....guess what - OUR team will feel it and get all excited. So I say

STAND UP AND ENJOY YOURSELF! You paid the money to get that seat - your doing nothing to offend anyone...so STAND UP! If they want to tell you to sit down - just politely say, sorry I am a serious and compassionate fan. I do not just sit when I watch the game - I GET IN THE GAME! Sorry that is too much for you.

STAND UP MY FELLOW FANS! Me and my fiancee will be at the NYG game somewhere in the 100 sections havent decided where to buy my seats yet - but I WILL be standing up and giving my team support and motivation

Well, you are offending the person behind you who would like to watch while seated but doesn't want to see your backside the entire game.

As for getting loud.....hell yeah!......but I find that I can yell sitting down as well as standing.

For what its worth, I'd love to be at a game where everyone is standing the entire time.....I'm sure it would be a great atmosphere......but I can certainly see the other point of view too. As far as getting the fans into it, there are other things that people can do to make it a better experience.....such as showing up for the game on time, wearing B&G instead of Terrapin or Hokie colors, and waiting until a timeout or lengthy stoppage of play before getting up to get food or drink.

I don't mind standing throughout the game, but I am young. I can understand how older people with kids, physical issues such as knee problems, etc. might not want to stand through the entire game. I can def. understand women and children being tired and not wanting to stand throughout the entire game. So for a lot of those people, it sucks if someone is right in front of them standing the entire game. That I can understand.

Now on critical plays, 3rd downs, etc. everyone who can better stand.

I've got horrible bone on bone in both of my knees and I'll be damned if I don't stand.

My buddy came to a game last year and the women behind him asked him to sit down on 3rd downs because and I'm quoting "It's not like their going for it on 4th down".

Its a football game, if I wanted to sit the entire time I'd go see a play.

We have this situation in the UK with soccer. After a couple of stadium disasters 20 years or so ago (during which fans were hurt and killed) it was decided that standing terraces were to be replaced with all seater stadiums.

Of course it just meant that most people started to stand in the seated areas, much to the annoyance of the 'sitters' in that area. As usual over here it then came down to moans about Health and Safety of supporters and so clubs now instruct fans that if they constantly stand up they will be thrown out of the game! Some clubs even go as far as to write to opposing fans instructing them of their impending ejection should they commit this most terrible of crimes! :doh:

As Charlie Brown would say.... Good Grief! :rolleyes:

Sitting during a whole game?!? I'd rather stay out in the parking lot with a TV. Thats just ridiculous...if they are going to do this then they should have a section dedicated to just this...it can be the non-alcoholic/sit the entire time section.

I was told to sit down at the Steeler preseason game last year, I told thhe guy I wasn't going to and if he realized where he was.

Then I decided, **** it, it is a preseason game, and turned around and told him, on meaningless plays I will sit, but you can be damn sure that if there is a big play or critical situation, I am standing. He agreed to that and told me he would stand too in those situations.

He left in the 3rd quarter :laugh:

Our section, (431), is pretty good about knowing when, (and when not), to stand.

The only issue that I have, is the fans who get up in the middle of the quarter. If you have to take a piss, or whatever, that's fine but do it during a break in the action!

When you return from whatever it is you've done on the concourse, while walking up the steps, sit on the step if a play is going on, then make it back to your seat.

I imagine this is blown way out of proportion (by PFT? - say it ain't so). The Chiefs have one of the best homefield advantages over any team in the NFL, and there is no way they would jeopardize that by saying you "can't stand during the games". This is obviously an attempt to get people to be sensical about their behavior, although it most assuredly won't work.

I'm an in-betweener regarding standing/sitting. IMO, there is no need to stand the entire game. People should not expect to be able to do that. Neither should people expect to be able to see the entire field, while sitting, the entire game.

Stand when it's appropriate. Sit when it's not. And, both sides should consider others and maybe meet 1/2 way.

PF

I make a point to inform the people sitting behind me at every game I attend that I will be standing for the vast majority of the game and that, if they have a problem with it, they can stand up. **** people telling me to sit. I pay too much for seats as it is, and no one is ****ing telling me to sit down.

The only issue that I have, is the fans who get up in the middle of the quarter. If you have to take a piss, or whatever, that's fine but do it during a break in the action!

When you return from whatever it is you've done on the concourse, while walking up the steps, sit on the step if a play is going on, then make it back to your seat.

It's called being polite, and sounds like you & your section "get it". Yes, there is nothing more frustraing than looking around someone to try and see if the deep pass is complete b/c they decided to come back from going to the bathroom and enter your row at the same time the ball was snapped.

Archived