Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something a few of the FedEX Whine and Cheesers would love

Walking Deadman

I've been to one Redskins game at FedEx, the Bills game after Sean Taylor died.

I don't even stand for the whole game; only for 3rd downs, red-zone plays, etc. etc. Even still, on perhaps the 5th occasion I did this, the man seated behind me (in his mid-50s) leaned up and told me to sit down. I nodded, and chose to ignore his suggestion. I stood up on the next big play, and he actually had the nerve to grab the tails of my coat and attempt to pull me down into my seat. I was enraged, and turned around and told him that he would be best off not laying a hand on me again, and that the only reason he was getting this warning was because it was my first Redskins game and because I didn't want to disrupt a game meant to remember Sean Taylor (and because I didn't want to break his old bones in front of his stuffy wife).

To me, this was absolutely infuriating, and I think he was completely out of line. I understand the point that some people would prefer to sit, and that they would prefer to see the game without me obstructing their view. My response to this point is two-fold:

1. So what? These people have no concern for my preference to watch the game standing up, so I'm not sure why I should have any concern for their preferences to preference to sit down.

2. Not to be rude here, but if you want to go to the game and be assured of the opportunity to sit in your seat and not be obstructed, there's an easy answer: buy the best seats in the house. If you go to a game and buy seats that are further from the field (i.e. worse/cheaper) than another person's, you are going to be subject to their preferences. If they stand up, well, you're going to have to deal with that. Don't want to do it? Buy better seats next time. You're not just paying for the proximity to the field; you're also paying for your position in the stands. Front row seats are the most expensive because they're the closest AND because you don't have to sit behind anyone. If you buy cheaper seats behind lots of other people, you really have no one to blame but yourself when they aren't everything you want.

I'm not really a super gung-ho "Oh, I'm going to stand for every second of the game" guy, and I think there's some room for compromise (perhaps only standing on important plays that would require some extra fan support). But I was a 22 year-old kid at his first Redskins game celebrating the life of Sean Taylor: that gentleman should have known good and hell well that I was going to be standing up going crazy when I felt the team needed me, and frankly, he should have understood this.

I actually had a woman hit me with a rolled up Program for standing during a 4th down play near the end of a game.. I'm not saying I agree with what OJ did (or didn't do if you're a moron) but I understood at the point in time :)

You should have gottten her ass ejected and threatened her with assault charges. ;)

:laugh:

Seriously, those programs hurt!

I did mean that in jest (at least about the assault charges) but I've read too many stories on ES about people just standing and trying to be good fans supporting the team when some ass calls an usher to eject somebody for standing and supporting the team.

And I'm a tall guy so I try to not stand alot or at least crouch down when I do but it just feels like there is alot of people who come to these games expecting everybody to sit on their hands and be quiet.

I did mean that in jest (at least about the assault charges) but I've read too many stories on ES about people just standing and trying to be good fans supporting the team when some ass calls an usher to eject somebody for standing and supporting the team.

And I'm a tall guy so I try to not stand alot or at least crouch down when I do but it just feels like there is alot of people who come to these games expecting everybody to sit on their hands and be quiet.

I agree with you 100%. Its one thing to be disrespectful, but standing is certainly not in that category.

If you want to sit and watch a game, stay at home. If you don't want to stand up and be involved in the game by cheering your team on, don't come to FedEx, I'll take your tickets.

It happens all the time there and sadly there isn't much we can do about it. Maybe the ushers relate loud behavior to drunks and therefore they've been instructed to kick people out for being loud, standing, etc... I have no idea. I'm just annoyed that this even needs to be discussed. The chiefs are suppose to have the 'smartest' fans in the league and arrowhead is suppose to be all loud and what not... Sorry but they come across looking stupid after reading this story. So you can yell really loud of chiefs games but dont you dare stand up?? WTF? I don't get it. At all.

Making a rule that says you can't stand is ridiculous.

For real. I mean, we have to stand in order to leave. What happens when you stand up to leave your seat to go get a hot dog & they're like "HEY! NO STANDING OR ELSE!" Are we supposed to crawl to the concession stands? Oh my God. What are we supposed to do at the concession stands? Run in circles?

This rule is stupid.

I actually had a woman hit me with a rolled up Program for standing during a 4th down play near the end of a game.. I'm not saying I agree with what OJ did (or didn't do if you're a moron) but I understood at the point in time :)

Holy God I would have gone to jail. Even though she should have. That's assault right there!

I am so on the fence in regards to this topic. I believe that it just depends on the circumstances and situations.

I like to stand during a game..but Im also considerate of the people behind me. Of course if the person in front is always standing..well then I stand too because Im easy going.

So, you can't stand at a ball game?

Do these people know what's going on? THERE IS A FOOTBALL GAME GOING ON, PEOPLE! Get loud!

I have been to a lot of football games I have never been asked to sit down!

If I do it better be a little old lady in a wheel chair.You know what I mean.

just furthers my opinion that they should make some sort of student-esque section in the stadium. obviously, the rowdy fans would rather be with other intense fans while those that wish to sit could do so in peace.

thats interesting to hear about the english soccer games, i always noticed from watching games broadcast here that it seemed like no one moved a mussel the entire game. dont they have some sort of ultras section though?

If they’ve purchased a Personal Standing License."

>> Next time somebody tells you to sit down, tell them you bought a PSL/Personal Standing License. If they are dumb enough to tell you to sit down, they might be vaguelty aware of a PSL, but not enough to know what it really means. ;)

For real. I mean, we have to stand in order to leave. What happens when you stand up to leave your seat to go get a hot dog & they're like "HEY! NO STANDING OR ELSE!" Are we supposed to crawl to the concession stands? Oh my God. What are we supposed to do at the concession stands? Run in circles?

This rule is stupid.

>> No, it's perfectly OK to get up during a play to go buy a beer, get rid of a beer, etc, but not OK to stand. :wtf:

The people who decide now is the time to get up during a play are the worst (and the most clueless).

If they are in my row, I tend to not even avert my eyes from the field and say "Game On".

A few years back I was at a game at Fed Ex against the EAGLES!!!!!!!!! I was in the lower bowl at one end of the end zone. I swear to GOD, I was a Redskins fan standing on 3rd down defensive stands making noise and people told me and my brother to sit down "so we can see the game" LOL!!!!!!!!!!! You think I sat down for some white collared A-hole ****? Hell no.... Redskins fans can be some of the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They let some drunk ass Philly Fan talk SO MUCH SHYT!!!!!!!!!!!! WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Skins TO DEATH but I have to say that would NEVER have happened in Philly........... Nope. Sad.

I will NEVER sit down on 3rd downs at Fed Ex when the defense is on the field. I sit in 340 and there are occasional snobs that "whine", but the majority of us are up on our feet screaming at the top of our lungs for our defense. If this were to be implemented at Fed Ex, say goodbye to my season tickets in the Club Level. I'll go up to the 400's where it would be a lot less likely that anyone would complain about standing. Rigoddamndiculous :rolleyes:

HTTR

Tough call on this one.

I was a season ticket holder at FedEx from 97-01 and I can see both sides of it. I wasn't somebody who stood the entire game, but I did leap up on big downs or big plays. I think making a rule to force people to sit might be taking it too far however I saw first hand that some people think that it's okay that they become part of the show and act like utter morons. Jumping around and really trying to draw attention to themselves. Those people are the worst. Hey idiot, I paid alot of money to be there at the stadium and see the game, not your ass.

I think it really is a case by case issue. Some fans don't really know how to act in public and act like it's their living room (same problem you find in movie theaters).

I believe rules like this are created with these morons in mind, not the typical fan who is simply cheering what is happening on the field.

Frankly I think alcohol is a much bigger problem. Way too many people get plastered before and during the game.

If you want to get drunk, STAY THE EFF HOME!!!!!!!

>> No, it's perfectly OK to get up during a play to go buy a beer, get rid of a beer, etc, but not OK to stand. :wtf:

The people who decide now is the time to get up during a play are the worst (and the most clueless).

If they are in my row, I tend to not even avert my eyes from the field and say "Game On".

AMEN!

Wait for the the 30 seconds or so for the play to stop, then make your way down the aisle.

Just as importantly, when you make the return trip, please wait until a break in the action before getting back to your seat.

If you're on the steps during the play, sit down on the step, watch the play then make your way to the seat as fast as possible.

It's not that difficult and it sets a good example for your fellow fans. :2cents:

I agree it wouldn't have happened in Philly - the fans there would have just beat the crap out of you without giving you a warning. :D Just ask Santa Claus.

You also might want to check this: http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?f=24 - have a quick look at #16.

A few years back I was at a game at Fed Ex against the EAGLES!!!!!!!!! I was in the lower bowl at one end of the end zone. I swear to GOD, I was a Redskins fan standing on 3rd down defensive stands making noise and people told me and my brother to sit down "so we can see the game" LOL!!!!!!!!!!! You think I sat down for some white collared A-hole ****? Hell no.... Redskins fans can be some of the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They let some drunk ass Philly Fan talk SO MUCH SHYT!!!!!!!!!!!! WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Skins TO DEATH but I have to say that would NEVER have happened in Philly........... Nope. Sad.

Archived