Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

instead of officially retiring st's jersey...

downbeat87

the redskins could think about having the patch design go in the stadium. that way its a bit more of a memorial we see each game as well as another unofficial retired jersey number. thoughts?

reason beacuse, a, the tragedy. b, he was a face of our franchise. c, he was a proven commodity, and d, its not as naive in the sense of putting him on the same league as slingin sammy.

i apologize if this is a broken record, i just thought of it now and it seemed logical.

so, like i said, thoughts?

I think it would add a lot to fedex field. I think having Taylor played only in that stadium he gave it a little bit more character. RFK was great but it's nice to know that this stadium has a little something extra too it now as well. but i guess thats what happens the longer the team plays in one stadium

the redskins could think about having the patch design go in the stadium. that way its a bit more of a memorial we see each game as well as another unofficial retired jersey number. thoughts?

reason beacuse, a, the tragedy. b, he was a face of our franchise. c, he was a proven commodity, and d, its not as naive in the sense of putting him on the same league as slingin sammy.

i apologize if this is a broken record, i just thought of it now and it seemed logical.

I don't quite get what you're saying? You're not saying to put his name in the ring of fame, but to like put the patch they wore the last few weeks of the season somewhere up there by the ring of fame?

There is a lighted sign with his name and # on the upper level facade

opposite the endzone where the band is. Thats more than enough IMO,

if they add him to the ring of fame, cool.

(pic taken from my vid of pregame before bills game last year)

I don't quite get what you're saying? You're not saying to put his name in the ring of fame, but to like put the patch they wore the last few weeks of the season somewhere up there by the ring of fame?

Same here. Say what?

First of all, Alive or not, Human being are not commodities.

A commodity is anything for which there is demand, but which is supplied without qualitative differentiation across a market. Such as wheat or gold.

Second, Sean had he lived a long life and played 12-15 years without signifigant injury would probably have been one of the top 10 players of all time in the NFL, he had that much talent. Retiring his number or something along those lines putting in the ring of fame is not out of the querstion actually should do both.

There is a lighted sign with his name and # on the upper level facade

opposite the endzone where the band is. Thats more than enough IMO,

if they add him to the ring of fame, cool.

(pic taken from my vid of pregame before bills game last year)

is that sign permanent?

not a bad idea. But I think we should just let him R.I.P.

yes, the black patch with the white 21 is what i think should be in fedex field. it documents that time perfectly, and allows the fan to be able to tell the story in the future i suppose as well...

i just think people were reaching to find a good way to remember this. i think a statue is too much, and the patch depicts the imagry of the time.

i dont understand how this could confuse people, or how you think im trying to keep something going. most ideas have been too fanatic... and! its june. im bored from lack of football.

Sean Taylor Memorial Stadium! :silly:

FedEx Presents: Sean Taylor Memorial Stadium

That's the only way to do it. I actually always thought they should have done that with the original JKC name. I hate corporate naming deals, especially the crappy ones in Madden where you don't get $20 mil guaranteed like in real life.

Archived