Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

The Jerseys came in and I, surprise surprise, am really not impressed. The burgundy female jersey was the best one. My white jersey does not have the flywire(Where it is supposed to be, you can see stitching outline) and I am not sure, but the material feels wrong. The nameplate is all mesh and so is a lot of the jersey. This is supposed to be an "elite" authentic from overseas. The Nationals jersey is just completely the wrong material and the red and white trim is ridiculously bad. Get what you pay for I suppose.... Here are some pictures:

JMrId.jpg

EyH4V.jpg

3uWxq.jpg

TSwjG.jpg

7Q8cc.jpg

My photobucket is not working? This is weird but whatever. Tried using IMGUR let me know if this works.

http://imgur.com/a/jwCZ2

They need to release more Limited skins jerseys, I'd love to get a Griff and Kerrigan one, hanktime too

Yes, definitely this!! I have been calling around at least once a week, sometimes twice, looking for the Limited RG3 jerseys--nothing so far!!

Shop sent me a 20% off coupon on Monday, which I fully planned to use but I didn't get around to placing my order until today.

In the mean time Shop has finally pulled the $89 Reebok customs from their site. Doh! Now it's $150 minimum for Reebok stitch ons. However, I think it's still a better jersey than the new Nike paint ons at $150 per.

The Jerseys came in and I, surprise surprise, am really not impressed. The burgundy female jersey was the best one. My white jersey does not have the flywire(Where it is supposed to be, you can see stitching outline) and I am not sure, but the material feels wrong. The nameplate is all mesh and so is a lot of the jersey. This is supposed to be an "elite" authentic from overseas. The Nationals jersey is just completely the wrong material and the red and white trim is ridiculously bad. Get what you pay for I suppose.... Here are some pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/JMrId.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EyH4V.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3uWxq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TSwjG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7Q8cc.jpg

My photobucket is not working? This is weird but whatever. Tried using IMGUR let me know if this works.

http://imgur.com/a/jwCZ2

That's the problem with ordering the knockoffs online. The Chinese site will use a photo of a legit jersey or display a picture of "nice" knockoff.

However when the jersey arrives in the mail, you are presented with a something less desirable.

Shop sent me a 20% off coupon on Monday, which I fully planned to use but I didn't get around to placing my order until today.

In the mean time Shop has finally pulled the $89 Reebok customs from their site. Doh! Now it's $150 minimum for Reebok stitch ons. However, I think it's still a better jersey than the new Nike paint ons at $150 per.

I am pissed I did not pull the trigger on the Authentic 75th anniversary jersey. They pulled them, but you could get the RG3 for 175 or something like that. I've always liked that jersey.

Sooooo, I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed 10x ITT, but when can we expect the RGIII "limited" Nike jerseys? As I said previously, I've been calling Sports Page at Arundel Mills once or twice a week and they don't even seem to know when to expect them. They've been saying "hopefully soon" and "try next week or two weeks from now" for almost two months. I really want my Griff jerz!!

The Hall of Fame Store at the Stadium had some Orakpo and Cooley Limited jerseys but that was it. I guess they are starting to slowly make their way out on the market. But Nike has really screwed this whole jersey marketing thing. Still can't find anything in my size (that would be nose tackle size) :D

In front of the store, they were making personalized jerseys ready for pickup in less than an hour. They had one of those heat transfer machines like Nike used at the draft to make personalized jerseys for the guys in the green room. Obviously, these would all be Game jerseys, not limited or Elite.

The Hall of Fame Store at the Stadium had some Orakpo and Cooley Limited jerseys but that was it. I guess they are starting to slowly make their way out on the market. But Nike has really screwed this whole jersey marketing thing. Still can't find anything in my size (that would be nose tackle size) :D

In front of the store, they were making personalized jerseys ready for pickup in less than an hour. They had one of those heat transfer machines like Nike used at the draft to make personalized jerseys for the guys in the green room. Obviously, these would all be Game jerseys, not limited or Elite.

I am in the same dilemma. I am Albert Haynesworth size. I have never seen Nike make Big and Tall jerseys. I guess it's biggest loser for me.

Has anyone found out if Nike is going to release the "Elite" 80th Throwback jerseys for us to buy?

Cant find nothing. Im going to be upset if they don't make an Authentic Throwback, come on 1932? Its our First year!

Redskins store has the Game, which is the replica like this

8637_large6.jpg

This is the Elite and what I want :) Probably a game worn one but still an Elite Version

jersey.jpg

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 06:25 PM ----------

No throwback limited "premier" would piss me off

I want a Elite version of the throwback!!! whats going on

Exactly, I called Nike they said they didn't see anything the month of August. What is going on with this? Anyone?

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 06:26 PM ----------

I am pissed I did not pull the trigger on the Authentic 75th anniversary jersey. They pulled them, but you could get the RG3 for 175 or something like that. I've always liked that jersey.

I was lucky to get the Authentic Sean Taylor 75th thank god, Hope they make an Elite Authentic 80th come on Nike geez

Oh i agree its crazy seeing all the shades of red. I hated seeing shiny red or shiny numbers i said to the fiancee you can tell who bought their jersey where going by color. I love seeing them and they do not realize they are knock offs a guy was arguing his jersey was not a knockoff

Here are some images of my "Chinese rip off" RG III jersey:

[ATTACH]46932[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46934[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46935[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46936[/ATTACH]

I finally convinced the wife to order jersey's 2 weeks ago. I got them late last week from the direction of DaMuller7. I have used different sites previous to the one he used, and I must say I got myself a white RGIII and an 80th Kerrigan. They are simply amazing. The jersey nerds could probably pick out a thing or two about what's wrong with them, but hot damn, I don't care. Totally impressed with what I received.

Also to note, my better half is an Iggles fan, but that's her problem. But, oh yeah, she ordered 3 jerseys, all Iggles, and couldn't say enough about them.

You get what you pay for, and well, "rip off" or not, the jerseys were/are great. Bring on September 9th and let the party begin.

I finally convinced the wife to order jersey's 2 weeks ago. I got them late last week from the direction of DaMuller7. I have used different sites previous to the one he used, and I must say I got myself a white RGIII and an 80th Kerrigan. They are simply amazing. The jersey nerds could probably pick out a thing or two about what's wrong with them, but hot damn, I don't care. Totally impressed with what I received.

Also to note, my better half is an Iggles fan, but that's her problem. But, oh yeah, she ordered 3 jerseys, all Iggles, and couldn't say enough about them.

You get what you pay for, and well, "rip off" or not, the jerseys were/are great. Bring on September 9th and let the party begin.

Wore my jersey to the game this weekend. I had about 5 or 6 people stop me and ask me where I got it. Maybe I am just picky? But I found the sleeves too long and the absence of the flywire completely annoying... Do you have any pictures of yours?

I've been going back and forth on the "knockoff" thing for awhile and going to the game yesterday didn't help.

It's crazy cuz you see bright red KC Chief looking ones and FSU dark colored ones but every once in awhile, you see a good one. I don't know what I should do

I have beaten this subject to the ground a lot in my previous posts on this subject, but my knockoff is pretty great if you ask me...

---------- Post added August-27th-2012 at 10:26 AM ----------

Wore my jersey to the game this weekend. I had about 5 or 6 people stop me and ask me where I got it. Maybe I am just picky? But I found the sleeves too long and the absence of the flywire completely annoying... Do you have any pictures of yours?

My knockoff came with the flywire on it, so I don't know what site you're ordering from, but I've referred so many people to the site I get my jerseys from and they love it. I can't tell you how many compliments I get on my jersey and get asked where I get it from. I've even gone in sporting good stores and mine looked better than what they were selling. My boy also got some Browns jerseys and I have to say they look goooooooddddddddd.

At the risk of being bashed a 1000 times over...........

What is a good site to get a Knock-Off jersey?

Yes I can find links to sites,I just don't know who to trust for a nice sewn on name/#'s jersey.

I just can't afford $70 for the cheap ones on NFL.com that never seem to last or be able to keep them from bleeding.

And you guessed it $250 for the really nice one's would get me the arse chewing of a life time from the wife.

Yes it sucks being poor,but that's where I am.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

At the risk of being bashed a 1000 times over...........

What is a good site to get a Knock-Off jersey?

Yes I can find links to sites,I just don't know who to trust for a nice sewn on name/#'s jersey.

I just can't afford $70 for the cheap ones on NFL.com that never seem to last or be able to keep them from bleeding.

And you guessed it $250 for the really nice one's would get me the arse chewing of a life time from the wife.

Yes it sucks being poor,but that's where I am.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

It is against board policy to post links to illegal sites. People risk being suspended or banned.

So....I am faced with quite the dilemma...

I walked into a particular discount store down here today and what do I find? A wall of redskins jerseys for sale. Of course, they are reebok and others, but then I looked closer and came across a couple surprises.

Behind the Orakpo, I find 2 Doug Williams and 1 Charles Mann Mitchell and Ness jerseys....for only $59.99 each. Based on where I found them, I believe them to be authentic and not knock-offs. What to do.... These are all white jerseys and the screenprinting is much heavier than the more recent Reebok versions which I have a couple of. Seriously debating on going back and buying both, but wanted to see what you guys thought? I of course remember both players fondly, but have to get around the wife for buying yet another jersey.... For me, these would go straight to wall.... oh..and Mark the Homer....any ideas what these run typically costwise? I've looked online and have only come across the burgundy versions which are around $200+

To buy or not to buy.....that is the question (and if I buy I sit in the doghouse for quite some time!)

Hello SWVASkinFan. Let me preface my comments, as I have before, by saying that for me, the accuracy of a jersey, how closely it resembles an actual game-worn jersey of a certain player for a certain year, is of prime importance. Of those two M & N's, I would go for the 1991 Mann before the 1987 Williams. As they are, the Mann is more accurate a jersey than the Williams. Please see my post regarding the Doug Williams Mitchell & Ness jerseys, post #1118 on Page 75. I am certainly assuming that the Williams you saw, is the type of Mitchell & Ness that I refer to as the second type of M & N 1987 Williams jersey.

The one problem with the Mann, is that the "7" on the front and back, is a 1990 style number, while the "1" on the front and the back, is a 1991 style number. I believe Charles Mann never wore a jersey for the Redskins that had a "71" that looked like that. What I mean more specifically is that in 1991 (as well as in both of the other Super Bowl winning years, though the other two were Russell Athletic) the (Starter-sponsored for 1991) jersey of that particular year for the Redskins players, had the 'stem'--for lack of a better word-- of the seven falling more or less under the middle of the top, or 'crossbar,' of the seven; this means that the bottom left corner of the number did not align directly underneath the top left corner of the "7". By contrast, on the 1990 MacGregor Sand Knit jerseys, the bottom left corner of the "7" did align under the top left corner; this alignment on the "7" is present on the M & N 1991 Mann jersey, but that is inaccurate, because it's a 1991 Mann, not a 1990 Mann. The "1"s on the 1991 Redskins jerseys had a curve in the top-most left edge of the number, but in 1990 this edge on the "1"s was straight. Here, on this 1991 M & N Mann, the curve is present, which is correct for 1991, however paired with that 1990 "7", it helps to make for an inaccurate-looking jersey. If the "1" on this M & N jersey had a straight upper-left-most edge, then at least from a distance the numbers on the front and back would be correct for 1990. The font on the name is pretty good for 1991, and is actually better for 1991 than for 1990, as in 1990 it was a bit slimmer on the 'Skins gamers than in '91. In summation, the incorrect "7" creates an easily noticeable (if you know what to look for) source of inaccuracy on this jersey. This may not be a big deal to you. It was for me, especially considering the original $225 or more price tag that came on these babies, so as far as the 1991 Redskins M & N's went, I got a Darrell Green and a Russ Grimm, because those were rather accurate. As for the Williams, I would only buy that if you're willing to do some customizations to the jersey to correct the flaws in it that I describe in post #1118. Please, for the love of the Redskins, do not frame a 1987 Doug Williams Jersey with elastic fabric sleeve stripes!!

Archived