Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

I think its just NIKE being NIKE and building up the hype and making everyone go crazy over the RG3 jersey's. Its their marketing strategy. The same way they hype every Jordan release where people stab each other in malls.

NIKE is simply gauging the interest in the RG3 jersey's and they will release them in limited quantities so that people scoop them all up at their retail price. NIKE knows exactly what they are doing here.

I think its just NIKE being NIKE and building up the hype and making everyone go crazy over the RG3 jersey's. Its their marketing strategy. The same way they hype every Jordan release where people stab each other in malls.

NIKE is simply gauging the interest in the RG3 jersey's and they will release them in limited quantities so that people scoop them all up at their retail price. NIKE knows exactly what they are doing here.

That makes no sense. NFL jerseys have always sold at full retail price. There are no discounts. Creating demand for a limited supply makes no sense when the items are sold at full retail. They are losing money/revenue by not making the jerseys available during the football season when there is a demand. Selling them after the season is over will not create more demand....demand will drop like it always does in the off season. And it is not just Griffin jerseys. This is a problem for players on all 32 NFL teams. More likely, Nike is having a production problem.

He already is the second most sold jersey though

---------- Post added September-20th-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

This is a problem for players on all 32 NFL teams. More likely, Nike is having a production problem.

They are having issues of some sort. They do have Elite, Limited and Game throwbacks for Patriots, Bears and Cowboys. Game jersey for us, Tampa and I believe Atlanta.

I knew Nike would be a disaster right from the beginning. I called it. Reebok would have all types from Replica to premiers to Authentics out with the 80th Anniversary patches. Know Nike screws everything up. Nike is garbage, with their plastic recycled jerseys. I really dislike the collars on the white jersey. I prob have over 100 Reeboks and 0 Nikes. That's sad Nike. You guys are losing money like crazy. All this hype and you can't produce more than 1 Elite jersey for the Redskins but Cooley. I guess you can customize it but you know how customized jerseys are. Sometimes they don't come out right. The black market is making a killing. Anybody tried the replica jersey. I tried one at the store and the medium was too tight but large was to long. Bring Reebok back NFL

Just as an FYI... All those who are complaining about the 80th anniversary patches, your arguments aren't that valid. The only officially licensed jerseys to appear with the 2007 75th patch was the white throwbacks that the Redskins featured in one game. If you saw a "regular" burgundy or white jersey that featured a 75th, it was a counterfeit. Or, like my LaRon Landry jersey, some had sewn the patches on themselves.

Nike is definitely behind the 8 ball when it comes to keeping Redskins jerseys in stock, but I still take them any day over Reebok.

Your right, it was the 75th Anniversary throwback jersey that had the 75th anni patch. But they had the replica with patch with Taylor, Cooley, Portis, Moss, Campbell made. Plus they had the premier and the Authentic also with a few players. Plus they sold the 75th Anniversary patches sold separately so you could also custom the white and Burgandy jersey with it. Plus if you bought the gamers from 2007 every jersey had a 75th patch. Not sure why Redskins celebrate the 80th anniversary but don't have the patches. Not sure if it's a Nike thing. But I would take a Reebok all day with real polyester over a Nike jersey made from the plastic bottles I just recycled. That's just me. Don't like the Nike feel or the fit. Hopefully these 5 years pass quick and get rid of Nike.

Just as an FYI... All those who are complaining about the 80th anniversary patches, your arguments aren't that valid. The only officially licensed jerseys to appear with the 2007 75th patch was the white throwbacks that the Redskins featured in one game. If you saw a "regular" burgundy or white jersey that featured a 75th, it was a counterfeit. Or, like my LaRon Landry jersey, some had sewn the patches on themselves.

Nike is definitely behind the 8 ball when it comes to keeping Redskins jerseys in stock, but I still take them any day over Reebok.

I seem to recall that they had White and Burgundy jerseys with sewn on 75th Anniversary patches for sale in the stores - they were definitely not counterfeit.

I have a Portis authentic that has the 75th anniversary patch on it. And I just bought a RGIII one with the 80th anniversary patch. And I only paid $50 for it. Whoever said the black market is making a killing is absolutely right. There are tons of sites that sell the super legit Nike jerseys at half the price Nike is selling them for.

I have a Portis authentic that has the 75th anniversary patch on it. And I just bought a RGIII one with the 80th anniversary patch. And I only paid $50 for it. Whoever said the black market is making a killing is absolutely right. There are tons of sites that sell the super legit Nike jerseys at half the price Nike is selling them for.

"super legit" ?????? I think you mean "counterfeit"

• 2 weeks later...

Being that I live in ATL, I can't go to the Stadium Store at Fed Ex. Do any of you that live in the DC area know if they have a white RGIII Nike Elite up there? If so, it might be worth me sending one of my cousins back home up there to buy it for me. I can't find it online at the stadium store site, Nike.com or NFLshop.com.

Still no elite or limited throwback for Rg3?

I haven't seen it anywhere. I'm just trying to get the white away elite RGIII so I can wear it when I go to the game in Dallas on Thxgiving. It would be nice to have that elite throwback too though.

I haven't seen it anywhere. I'm just trying to get the white away elite RGIII so I can wear it when I go to the game in Dallas on Thxgiving. It would be nice to have that elite throwback too though.

yea i heard they aren't making the limited or elite in the throwback though. so I went ahead and bought the game version and am very happy with it. i posted pics in the other jersey thread

hoooooooooooooow, hoooooooooooooow, hoooooooooooooooooooow...... do they not have EVERY POSSIBLE VERSION OF RG3 JERSEYS AVAILABLE AT THIS POINT IS A MIND-FYCK. I know I keep comin ITT every week and saying the same ****, but it's frustrating man... WTF.

yea i heard they aren't making the limited or elite in the throwback though. so I went ahead and bought the game version and am very happy with it. i posted pics in the other jersey thread

Can u post link to the other jersey thread where u posted pics? I'd like to check it out. Is the sleeve logo on the game throwback stitched or screened. I know everything is usually screened on the game version, but some of the pics online make it look stitched.

---------- Post added October-3rd-2012 at 09:00 AM ----------

hoooooooooooooow, hoooooooooooooow, hoooooooooooooooooooow...... do they not have EVERY POSSIBLE VERSION OF RG3 JERSEYS AVAILABLE AT THIS POINT IS A MIND-FYCK. I know I keep comin ITT every week and saying the same ****, but it's frustrating man... WTF.

It is frustrating. I just want a white RGIII elite. I would get the Burgundy, but I already have a Reebok premiere Burgundy from last year with my name on the back, and I'm happy with that for home games, now I just want the white RGIII or at least a white custom elite with my name for away games.

Can u post link to the other jersey thread where u posted pics? I'd like to check it out. Is the sleeve logo on the game throwback stitched or screened. I know everything is usually screened on the game version, but some of the pics online make it look stitched.

---------- Post added October-3rd-2012 at 09:00 AM ----------

It is frustrating. I just want a white RGIII elite. I would get the Burgundy, but I already have a Reebok premiere Burgundy from last year with my name on the back, and I'm happy with that for home games, now I just want the white RGIII or at least a white custom elite with my name for away games.

here are the pics of my throwback. everything is screen printed but it feels of quality, even the screen prints. i think they will last a long time with a little care. i posted pics on the last page

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?366500-Who-bought-a-Robert-Griffin-III-Jersey-%28MET%29/page7

---------- Post added October-3rd-2012 at 09:57 AM ----------

i just got the RGIII throwback!! The elite nike one!!! So sick!!! Check it out!

http://instagram.com/p/QTPJNep7VH/

nice! yours looks more red than mine. i didn't think they made these yet? did you get yours from nike?

Archived