Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

I tried looking back threw this thread but its so huge it would take forever. I am trying to find a good throwback Art Monk or Darrell Green jersey but only place I seem to find them are ebay and most look like crap, any suggestions?

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11642985&cp=2237409.2237521&lmdn=Type&pageType=family&parentPage=family

Ok so I thought I'd share a rather interesting update on the whole Nike Elite jersey availability (or lack thereof). Yesterday afternoon I happened to speak on the phone with a rep from the Redskins Team Store (actually Maingate, Inc.). I was calling them in regards to an order I placed for a Kerrigan Elite jersey in a size 40. The rep actually told me that I got the last one in that size, but here's the kicker: she said that Nike has informed them that additional stock of the Elite jerseys should not be expected until 2013. That's right, next year (or in other words, after the conclusion of the Redskins football season). Unreal, though at the same time not entirely surprising.

Now I don't know if this issue extends to all Elite jerseys for all teams, but in a quick check of Nike's site it does look like size options are limited in a number of big player jerseys (Rodgers, Eli Manning, etc), where I know they used to have all sizes. Furthermore other Elite jerseys that were once available on their site have altogether been sold out, like Payton Manning and Mike Vick. However my theory is this: if you look at all of the available Elite jerseys right now, ALL of them feature players who were in the league last year, no rookies (no RG3, Luck, Richardson, etc.). And specifically with those three guys, we all know that if such Elite jerseys existed they would be selling like hotcakes to fans of those three franchises. My guess is, possibly as far back as last winter/spring, Nike was already manufacturing the Elite jerseys that we see now, however somewhere shortly thereafter is when they must have run into their manufacturing woes. So now all they're left with to sell are whatever player jerseys they were able to have made, and now when they're gone, they're gone...and in the meantime they apparently have no means of making additional Rodgers, Manning, or Vick Elite jerseys, let alone those of the hot new rookies.

Anyways, hated to be the bearer of bad news for those hanging in trying to hold out for an Elite RG3, but barring a miracle it doesn't sound like its going to happen for quite some time :( But on the plus side, it does look as though they are planning to sell them in all colorways for all teams, including this year's special throwbacks (Skins, Bears, Steelers), as Nike does have all jersey colors represented on their website, though they are listed as out of stock (for now).

2)they won't be making the 80th throwbacks next year

Please see my updated post, I have to disagree with this point; though currently showing as "out of stock" the throwbacks not only for the Skins but also for the Bears and Steelers (bumblebee jersey) are now featured on Nike's website. I highly doubt they'd go through the trouble of including these in their site without the eventual intent of selling them there.

Please see my updated post, I have to disagree with this point; though currently showing as "out of stock" the throwbacks not only for the Skins but also for the Bears and Steelers (bumblebee jersey) are now featured on Nike's website. I highly doubt they'd go through the trouble of including these in their site without the eventual intent of selling them there.

i know, i bought mine off Nike's website. But once that inventory is gone and the season is over i highly doubt they are going to make an "80th Anniversary" jersey in year 81, 82, etc..

did they keep making the 75th anniversary jersey's after 2007? Not that I'm aware of..

i know, i bought mine off Nike's website. But once that inventory is gone and the season is over i highly doubt they are going to make an "80th Anniversary" jersey in year 81, 82, etc..

did they keep making the 75th anniversary jersey's after 2007? Not that I'm aware of..

I dunno, but I do know that I bought my 75th anniversary Reebok Orakpo last year, for whatever that's worth (and not on clearance, full price)

But either way, you could have a point, time will tell. Though I'm still not about to waste my $$$ on one of the lame Nike Game versions, seen these in person, and now that I have an Elite (Kerrigan) there is no comparison, worth every penny no question about it. My plan now is to wait until the Griffin Elites become available, even if it isn't for 3-6 months, and when they do I'll buy one, probably in the white version.

By the way, for those considering picking up an RG3 Elite via the custom jersey route, I'd advise against it. I had an RG3 Elite that I bought through the custom shop, and while the jersey itself was phenomenal, the lettering/numbering was not the same as Nike's Elite models are intended to be. Or in other words, not the lighter, flexible numbering that exists on my Kerrigan Elite, which is the same lettering used on the players' jerseys. The custom shop uses this super heavy, clunky lettering that is quite uncomfortable to wear. At any rate I sold my RG3 and when the real Elites come around I'll be putting that $$$ towards one of those.

I generally try to buy the real deal, I was able to get an Elite Nike Griffin home jersey. I went ahead and bought a fake Elite throwback though because if you want one you really don't have a choice. It came in today and I must say it's pretty nice. Very happy with it.

I got a Kerrigan Game jersey at the Redskins store over the weekend. The store manager told me they were supposed to get Griffin Limited jerseys next month, and was "90%" sure they would be getting a Limited Throwback. He did say there would not be an Elite Throwback. He said it's been a chore for Nike to produce the jerseys, and the lead time required to produce them (which is why they are selling Hightower and Cooley jerseys still). I got to get my hands on a Kerrigan limited, and it seemed like it was worth the $50 more. One annoying about the Redskins store is how they charge $15 more than Nike charges. Seems cheesy to me.

I got a Kerrigan Game jersey at the Redskins store over the weekend. He told me they were supposed to get Griffin Limited jerseys next month, and was "90%" sure they would be getting a Limited Throwback. He did say there would not be an Elite Throwback. He said it's been a chore for Nike to produce the jerseys, and the lead time required to produce them (which is why they are selling Hightower and Cooley jerseys still). I got to get my hands on a Kerrigan limited, and it seemed like it was worth the $50 more. One annoying about the Redskins store is how they charge $15 more than Nike charges. Seems cheesy to me.

how much did you pay? 115 for a game?

My guess is that something in the production of the Elite materials was really wrong. There is just no way Nike would drop the ball on this and not capitalize.

Well right I agree, but bottom line Nike has had years (yes, years) to plan this, way back from when they first signed the 5-year deal with the NFL. Now call me crazy, but you don't sign a uniform (and more importantly, merchandising) contract with the most lucrative pro sports league in the world and not be 150% sure you have your ducks in line in the production process. No doubt there have been some serious conversations at the top of the NFL's marketing department over this, as I'm sure some major brass in the NFL are less than impressed by how this is turning out. Nike is now essentially guaranteeing that their 5-year deal with the league won't be picked up again when all is said and done. Maybe its time to give adidas a shot (Griffin would love that!)

---------- Post added October-9th-2012 at 03:10 PM ----------

Yep, $120 with tax. It just annoys me that they mark them up $15, probably because they know they have the best availability.

So why didn't you just order it from Nike? Free shipping and no tax, you know...

so im just confused now. I understand that there seems to be a delay, which its unfortunate, id love to buy myself an elite but im confused on the throwback elite information. People keep saying in here, as well as workers that there will be no elite versions made for the throwback jersey. could it be that at the moment that the redskins workers are saying this because they know of the delay telling customers they will not be made to just sell the replicas that they do have or had in stock? i definitely can see it. Then theres others as well as the gentleman who provided the update a page ago that there will be elites made for the throwbacks. The Nike site has the throwback elites up, just not in stock, as mentioned i just dont see why they would bother putting it up on the site to not have the intention to sell when they finally produce them.

Well at least a Limited Throwback wouldn't be bad, I'd rock one of those since they're relatively cheap. But then I'd still likely pick up a white Elite Griffin when those eventually come out

i would definitely pay $135 for a limited, but who knows for sure if they are ever coming (at least the 80th throwback)

so im just confused now. I understand that there seems to be a delay, which its unfortunate, id love to buy myself an elite but im confused on the throwback elite information. People keep saying in here, as well as workers that there will be no elite versions made for the throwback jersey. could it be that at the moment that the redskins workers are saying this because they know of the delay telling customers they will not be made to just sell the replicas that they do have or had in stock? i definitely can see it. Then theres others as well as the gentleman who provided the update a page ago that there will be elites made for the throwbacks. The Nike site has the throwback elites up, just not in stock, as mentioned i just dont see why they would bother putting it up on the site to not have the intention to sell when they finally produce them.

Yeah I agree about the Nike page situation, really makes no sense that they would have them up on that page when they have no hope of having them produced this year. And its not just the Skins page - you look at any team that has a throwback and/or 3rd uniform, and most of them are at least shown on their respective pages (though for some teams there aren't even any Elites shown, just says "Coming Soon".

I dunno, to me its almost amazing that they are even able to make enough for the players on the field at this point, LOL. I mean you know we've got a problem if you start seeing used or grass-stained jerseys on players as they head out of the locker rooms, ha ha ha.

They didn't have the white Kerrigan on the Nike store. They barely have any white jerseys, and that's what I wanted.

Ah yes, the white Game jerseys are tough to find, even in the RG3 (though Nike does have those now).

---------- Post added October-9th-2012 at 07:39 PM ----------

Just threw down on a Kai Forbath jersey.

Yeah, where are the Elite Forbath jerseys?!?! lmao. Might have to go all in for a custom job...anybody know what his number will be? Does he?? lol

Archived