Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

• 2 weeks later...

I own 4 Mitchell and Ness jerseys (Riggins, Monk, Huff and Doug Williams) and have several Reebok Skins jerseys. I can say without hesitation that the nicest Skins jersey I own is the Mitchell and Ness Doug Williams jersey with the fishnet body and the screened on numbers. It's by far the sturdiest and the colors pop nicer than on the others. Size wise it is a perfect fit as well. Original cost is around $225.00 so if you found it for $60.00 you should jump on it if they have your size. Up here in the Philly area they're selling Eagles Mitchell and Ness jerseys for the same price in Carmichael, Jaworski and Herman Edwards.......they're the real deal and I'll bet the ones you're talking about are too.

Does anyone know when Nike is going to start selling the 80th anniversary limited jerseys? I can't find info on a sell date anywhere.

I don't think it's a given they will be sold. The Game jerseys are available, rumor is there will be an Elite version too. Have not heard about the Limited being available. I hope they sell them though cause I like the Limited's the best.

I don't think it's a given they will be sold. The Game jerseys are available, rumor is there will be an Elite version too. Have not heard about the Limited being available. I hope they sell them though cause I like the Limited's the best.

At all or as limited? That would be insanely dumb for them to not sell them at all.

Do you have a link to the game jerseys?

Thanks for the link. I did see that when looking, but I was looking for a Kerrigan one and I assume those are not out yet, other then the reg unis.

I don't know how Nike can conduct business like this. If the jersey is worn during the regular season, it should be available to buy.

Thanks for the info y'all. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. @Boss Hog was the 80th RGIII u saw an Elite? I want to get a customized white elite and I'd definitely get the 80th '32 throwback Karrigan, Orakpo or RGIII Elite if I could find. Nike is missing out on money with these delayed releases. They might make me just go get an old Reebok Authentic in white.

Hello SWVASkinFan. Let me preface my comments, as I have before, by saying that for me, the accuracy of a jersey, how closely it resembles an actual game-worn jersey of a certain player for a certain year, is of prime importance. Of those two M & N's, I would go for the 1991 Mann before the 1987 Williams. As they are, the Mann is more accurate a jersey than the Williams. Please see my post regarding the Doug Williams Mitchell & Ness jerseys, post #1118 on Page 75. I am certainly assuming that the Williams you saw, is the type of Mitchell & Ness that I refer to as the second type of M & N 1987 Williams jersey.

The one problem with the Mann, is that the "7" on the front and back, is a 1990 style number, while the "1" on the front and the back, is a 1991 style number. I believe Charles Mann never wore a jersey for the Redskins that had a "71" that looked like that. What I mean more specifically is that in 1991 (as well as in both of the other Super Bowl winning years, though the other two were Russell Athletic) the (Starter-sponsored for 1991) jersey of that particular year for the Redskins players, had the 'stem'--for lack of a better word-- of the seven falling more or less under the middle of the top, or 'crossbar,' of the seven; this means that the bottom left corner of the number did not align directly underneath the top left corner of the "7". By contrast, on the 1990 MacGregor Sand Knit jerseys, the bottom left corner of the "7" did align under the top left corner; this alignment on the "7" is present on the M & N 1991 Mann jersey, but that is inaccurate, because it's a 1991 Mann, not a 1990 Mann. The "1"s on the 1991 Redskins jerseys had a curve in the top-most left edge of the number, but in 1990 this edge on the "1"s was straight. Here, on this 1991 M & N Mann, the curve is present, which is correct for 1991, however paired with that 1990 "7", it helps to make for an inaccurate-looking jersey. If the "1" on this M & N jersey had a straight upper-left-most edge, then at least from a distance the numbers on the front and back would be correct for 1990. The font on the name is pretty good for 1991, and is actually better for 1991 than for 1990, as in 1990 it was a bit slimmer on the 'Skins gamers than in '91. In summation, the incorrect "7" creates an easily noticeable (if you know what to look for) source of inaccuracy on this jersey. This may not be a big deal to you. It was for me, especially considering the original $225 or more price tag that came on these babies, so as far as the 1991 Redskins M & N's went, I got a Darrell Green and a Russ Grimm, because those were rather accurate. As for the Williams, I would only buy that if you're willing to do some customizations to the jersey to correct the flaws in it that I describe in post #1118. Please, for the love of the Redskins, do not frame a 1987 Doug Williams Jersey with elastic fabric sleeve stripes!!

Damn. Youre a jersey nazi

So "http://store.redskins.com" says that the Elite Version of the throwback I posted is a fraud :(

washingtonredskinsnflproshop

Dangit, I really want an authentic version of this 80th throwback does anyone know anything?

---------- Post added September-10th-2012 at 01:45 PM ----------

Nike said they aren't going to produce the Elite versions of throwbacks, so ridiculous. I want this where can I get it, HTTR posted this sneak peak http://httr24-7.com/?p=1614

RG3front.jpg

RG3rear.jpg

does anyone know if there is any difference between the pre-made jerseys and the personalized ones? i want to get an elite ST 21, but from the pictures i see, the color is a bit off

Havnt seen the personalized Elite yet at redskins store, or nfl shop

These aren't authentic. Fake

washingtonredskinsnflproshop

Guy at the Redskins' store, who has worked there for sometime managing several stores, says Nike won't make the 80th authentic/elite. Only option for that type of jersey is ordering from NFL shop, but online they have limited sizes.

This sucks, I was really looking forward to ordering a new jersey. I just can't bring myself to buy any of the 'game' jerseys, the material is too light just doesn't feel the same as my other "authentics".

Guy at the Redskins' store, who has worked there for sometime managing several stores, says Nike won't make the 80th authentic/elite. Only option for that type of jersey is ordering from NFL shop, but online they have limited sizes.

This sucks, I was really looking forward to ordering a new jersey. I just can't bring myself to buy any of the 'game' jerseys, the material is too light just doesn't feel the same as my other "authentics".

NFL shop only has the replica in customized Throwback jersey by the way.

Yep, Thats a huge disappointment from Nike. Its our 80th Anniversary, and you would think that would be something special to make for people to buy. I just don't want a replica, its not the same as an authentic. Once I bought an Authentic I just don't want anything else. 75th anniv. Taylor

At least Reebok had replica, premier and Authentic in the 75th Anniversary jerseys. Im real disappointed in NIKE.

I waited to see if they were going to make the authentic's and no one could tell me any information till yesterday (redskins store, NFL shop and NIKE)? Now all the Elite's are gone. Again, if someone from NIKE could of told me this sooner I wouldn't of waited. Again very disappointed there not going to make an Elite Version for fans to buy, 80 years and for me personally have always wanted an authentic throwback from that era :(

Someone from Nike said it was more about the material? Just seems ridiculous. If they were to make Griffin III throwback jerseys I think they would sell out

NFL shop only has the replica in customized Throwback jersey by the way.

Yep, Thats a huge disappointment from Nike. Its our 80th Anniversary, and you would think that would be something special to make for people to buy. I just don't want a replica, its not the same as an authentic. Once I bought an Authentic I just don't want anything else. 75th anniv. Taylor

At least Reebok had replica, premier and Authentic in the 75th Anniversary jerseys. Im real disappointed in NIKE.

I waited to see if they were going to make the authentic's and no one could tell me any information till yesterday (redskins store, NFL shop and NIKE)? Now all the Elite's are gone. Again, if someone from NIKE could of told me this sooner I wouldn't of waited. Again very disappointed there not going to make an Elite Version for fans to buy, 80 years and for me personally have always wanted an authentic throwback from that era :(

Someone from Nike said it was more about the material? Just seems ridiculous. If they were to make Griffin III throwback jerseys I think they would sell out

i do believe they are making authentic throwbacks. i'm looking at one right now but there is only one available so I don't want to throw out the source. if i don't buy it i'll let you know where you can find it

That site is weird. They are selling Devin Thomas Reebok jerseys for $90.

Yeh, I said they weren't authentic. That site is not good at all. Fraud site. Doesn't even have a phone number and redskins store said its a bad site as well.

I should of said not real Nike, game, limited or Elite versions. My bad

Archived