Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why doesnt it surprise me (that I got in NNT--M.E.T.)

kiingspadee

Problem is, Dallas has so many bandwagon fans and they generate so much attention when they're on TV that the America's Team BS actually sticks. I hate it because Dallas has been full of druggies and cheaters for years but they were big in the 90s as Paul Tagliabue started expanding the NFLs dominance of sports media and so alot of people jumped on.

If anyone is Americas team it should be someone like the Packers, a team full of tradition and a classy organization overall. The Redskins will never have it because of the BS Dallas bandwagon plus Dan Snyder is damn good at alienating fans.

At the end of the day though, I don't think America has a team per se. Everyone loves the NFL, and almost everyone has a team. If there isn't one in your area, you have someone in your family who likes _____ because they grew up around the team or something like that and then you're a fan of that team.

Oh and **** Dallas.

How the hell can the COwboy's be America's Team? This is the only country that plays football and there are 32 teams. So there really can't be an American team.

Well anyway, we have two on the list. Unlike any other team. Ill take it. The NFL is just on Jerry Jones's balls. Thats why they do so much Dallas ****. He's the most famous owner and its the owners' league.

It just makes me hate them even more!

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

This isn't about the best teams -- it's simply about clever nicknames and more specifically the ones that got the most media hype.

If you want to talk about teams that deserve recognition but were left off the list, how about Lombardi's Packers, the 49'ers, the Patriots, or even Broncos? Most of those championship teams or dominant teams for some reason didn't ever get a nickname during their glory years.

(Actually, I do recall Denver did once have the nickname "Orange Crush" but that was a long time ago, when their uniforms were mainly orange. )

Frankly, I was surprised that that the Jet's "Gang Green" didn't make the list. Another interesting one was the Falcons' "Grits Blitz."

How the hell can the COwboy's be America's Team? This is the only country that plays football and there are 32 teams. So there really can't be an American team.

Well anyway, we have two on the list. Unlike any other team. Ill take it. The NFL is just on Jerry Jones's balls. Thats why they do so much Dallas ****. He's the most famous owner and its the owners' league.

All I got to say....

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203223

Hate Jerry Jones as much as you want he came up with a real catchy name and even better idea for a stadium.

When he left the top open so that "God could watch his favorite team" I was pissed for 2 reasons. 1, because **** the cowboys, but 2 because that was such a great marketing and just all around brilliant idea that I hated that I loved it.

Hate Jerry Jones as much as you want he came up with a real catchy name and even better idea for a stadium.

When he left the top open so that "God could watch his favorite team" I was pissed for 2 reasons. 1, because **** the cowboys, but 2 because that was such a great marketing and just all around brilliant idea that I hated that I loved it.

neither were Jerry Jones ideas, and both were already part of the cowboys years before Jerrah bought them

neither was Jerry Jones ideas, and both were already part of the cowboys years before Jerrah bought them

well then **** Jerry Jones :laugh:

thats interesting to know though and I kinda thought that NFL Films made up the "americas team" but i thought that JJ made up the god watching.

thanks bubba. :cheers:

Archived