Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Skins to hire director of pro personnel - Morocco Brown

Rypien1191

The JLC bashing is getting old' date=' especially considering there is substantive news to dissect.[/quote']I don't know how long you've had that sig, D'Pablo, but that's the funniest **** I've seen in a very long time. :laugh:

so was he instrumental in acquiring Adam Arch and Cedric Benson and Rex Grossman....hmmmm hope he works out and gets us some talent

He was the assistant director of *pro* personnel, not player personnel. So he would not have had a hand in the acquisitions of Benson or Grossman. They were drafted by Chicago. He may have had a hand in the decision to sign Arch, but I think it's clear that was a Lovie Smith move.

Looks at the Bears free agents over the past few years to gauge his performance.

This is breaking news, not a doctoral thesis. On behalf of JLC, I sincerely apologize that he didn't dissect every aspect of Brown's contributions in Chicago, Washington, and Indianapolis. You guys just make yourselves look stupid bashing every single thing JLC writes. You guys want some breaking news? Here's the insider info I've gleaned from reading these posts on a certain website:

The JLC-Hater Playbook:

Play 1: Does the article show any hint of casting the Redskins in an unfavorable light? If so, ***** at JLC for this reason.

Play 2: If there isn't enough Redskin "bashing", then ***** because there isn't enough insider information.

Play 3: Okay...it's getting kind of desperate now. The article isn't anti-Redskins. It has inside info. Okay, I got it! There isn't ENOUGH inside information. Nice.

Play 4: ****...there's a decent amount of inside info. Ahh...time to discredit his sources. JLC probably gets all his info from the cleaning lady, yada yada yada...

It's really old at this point.

As to the actual content of the blog, I'm excited about this hiring. Chicago has done a fairly good job at gathering talent to their organization for the past 6 or 7 years (although most of it has come through the draft - Urlacher, Briggs, Harris, Hester, etc.). Hopefully this guy can bring that same success to Washington.

And to those who said that Archuleta was a bad pickup for the Bears: with the information available to Chicago's front office at that point in time, trading a 6th rounder for Archuleta was actually a pretty good deal. He had been successful with Smith before, and his ridiculous signing bonus would be a nonfactor. It was worth giving it a shot.

Nope. Not at all. Demanding more from the guy who's job it is to actually report on the team I follow, absolutely.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Ok, so I'll give JLC this: He posted his blog entry BEFORE the team posted the story on their web site, proving that at least he gets the press releases somehow before the rest of us. This is pretty interesting because (Assuming that the hiring is true, and I won't believe it until I see it posted on redskins.com, JLC hasn't gotten much right this year) generally he just quotes the release found on redskins.com and then makes snide remarks about Snyder and Cerrato sinking the team.

Here is some more informtation on M. Brown (some of which found it's way into JLC's article)

http://www.spyderwomanweb.com/wolfpackchicago/new/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=64

There's a snippet in this article as well:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3061

Now, in order to find out anything more, you'd need "Sources" that weren't from Fantasia.

so was he instrumental in acquiring Adam Arch and Cedric Benson and Rex Grossman....hmmmm hope he works out and gets us some talent

and I'm sure the bears GM Jerry Angelo had nothing to do with final say on who they drafted... :rolleyes:

All of the Brown's are great people and I trust that he will do an excellent job. Their entire family really works their butts off. If Morocco has the ability to get the job done, then I will promise that it will get done. They are just that kind of people. Congratulations Morocco!!

20 posts and nobody yet has asked the main question, "What can Brown do for us?"

The follow-up: Does "Morocco Brown" make Mike 'n Mike's "Big Brown... Jim Brown... James Brown (huh!)... PJ Brown.... etc." list anytime soon?

The most overlooked point from reading-between-the-lines that should've been noticed before now: the janitor must be JLC's source.

Instead of whining about it, you could bring a little something to the table. Feel free to quote the parts of my post you felt were unfair and why. We could go from there. Or not.

Okay, I'll play along a little (not that I care too much but because I just get sick of all the moaning and complaining):

JLC doesn't make it clear exactly what he did when he was here before. Just that he worked under Cerrato.
Brown, a native of Hampton and a former assistant scout with Washington...

I'm not sure what you wanted here. I suppose he could have provided a job description, but that would have made for pretty boring reading. He does tell us though what Morocco did "when he was here before."

It's actually kind of vague about what he did in Chicago, too. What does he mean that the Bears did not want to lose him? Why?
Brown had been the assistant director of pro personnel for the Chicago Bears since 2001

Maybe for his next article, JLC can write a full description of what pro personnel people do, complete with job description and illustrations.

But for real though, if you were explaining something to your wife and she kept asking you to explain every single detail of any statement you made, what would your response be? Maybe I'm just a horrible husband, but I tend to get frustrated that she's not seeing the big picture. Why can't she just understand what I'm trying to communicate?

Sometimes all the JLC bashing reminds me of a bunch of nagging women (no offense to the women on the board...probably just digging myself and bigger hole and should shut up now). :laugh:

The follow-up: Does "Morocco Brown" make Mike 'n Mike's "Big Brown... Jim Brown... James Brown (huh!)... PJ Brown.... etc." list anytime soon?

The most overlooked point from reading-between-the-lines that should've been noticed before now: the janitor must be JLC's source.

or jlc is the janitor, picking up trash with inside info on it.

also did you all fail to read he would 'blog more on it on tues' he was pressed for time..sheesh

And for all those who argue you can never disagree with a mod or you'll be banned, I hope the above post will be seen as a respectful argument against a mod and not a personal bashing. There is a difference.

For me, I definitely respect zoony and the other mods and what they do for this board. Not trying to be disrespectful at all with my post.

The JLC bashing is getting old' date=' especially considering there is substantive news to dissect.[/quote']

Agreed!

Instead of whining about it, you could bring a little something to the table. Feel free to quote the parts of my post you felt were unfair and why. We could go from there. Or not.

The whining started around post #13!!!

Physician heal thyself?

:helmet:

On what team, except the Pats and Colts, couldn't you find a few guys to use to make a similar argument? Every team has a few questionable personnel decisions.

Your post wasn't anywhere near JLC bashing. I wasn't directing my post at you. Sorry if it seemed that way. As for 'whining about it', it was one sentence about being tired of a general 'whiny' trend.

Also, there isn't much more I can add to the discussion given that I don't really know anything about Morocco Brown. When I clicked this thread, I was kind of hoping to learn more, but instead came across the typical 'JLC sucks' commentary.

I'll wait for the Skins to send out a Press Release.

A little strange that Brown allowed himself to be quoted as to Snyder's comments to the entire organization. Was the whole organization that screwed up, or is that just aggressive communication skills?

On what team, except the Pats and Colts, couldn't you find a few guys to use to make a similar argument? Every team has a few questionable personnel decisions.

Question is, do the Pats and Colts have their janitor situation squared away?

He was involved with Pro personnel with the Bears so given Grossman and Benson were drafted they don't rest at his door. Lovie Smith brought in Adam Arch I highly doubt he got a recommendation from his scouts.

I'd never heard of the guy before before today and know nothing about him but he sounds like a young guy on the rise.

20 posts and nobody yet has asked the main question, "What can Brown do for us?"

:cheers: :laugh: nice

It looks like this was some sort of press release that he got his hands on and quickly typed it up or just posted exactly what he was given so he could actually get inside info out before anyone else.

Question is, do the Pats and Colts have their janitor situation squared away?

Pats tend to look at the draft alot for things, and this one was a bit heavy in the janitor position. Betting they're fine. Colts however, probably need to have their present big time janitor to restructure in order to pick up a couple of free agents,(Rumors have it Cinci may be entertaining trade offers for theirs. :) ).

Archived