Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Skins to hire director of pro personnel - Morocco Brown

Rypien1191

Pats tend to look at the draft alot for things, and this one was a bit heavy in the janitor position. Betting they're fine. Colts however, probably need to have their present big time janitor to restructure in order to pick up a couple of free agents,(Rumors have it Cinci may be entertaining trade offers for theirs. :) ).

Offer him a brand new mop and all the strawberry milk he can drink.

JLC doesn't make it clear exactly what he did when he was here before. Just that he worked under Cerrato.

Technically, I think the guy who shines the cleats works under Cerrato, but that doesn't make him qualified to take on Player/Personnel. A little information/background would help :)

Sorry, I appreciate the scoop Jason, but it would be nice to have some basic background info. It's actually kind of vague about what he did in Chicago, too. What does he mean that the Bears did not want to lose him? Why? What did he do specifically in Chicago for JLC to write that he was a rising star? Did the Bears make a counter-offer? If so, what was the offer? How did the Redskins lure him away? etc.

Zoony in fariness to JLC, he prefaced the piece with this:

"(This is gonna read like a print edition news story, cuz, well, it is. Pressed for time to get this in the first edition of the paper. Will blog more on it Tues and Wed, but I hear nothing but good things about Morocco Brown, and this could be someone groomed for even bigger things down the road. Okay, here's the story)"

So let's see if he's got more in his blog when he's not so pressed for time...

I painted my den Morocco Brown.

:laugh:

"The Redskins called a meeting and Mr. Snyder came to address the entire organization," Brown told WolfpackChicago.com . " They said there were two people doing an excellent job...Morocco and the janitor."

:laugh: that will go down in infamy. :laugh:

I'm as down on JLC as anyone, but this is actual news (when it appears in the paper and not just JLC's musings, I tend to give it more respect) and seems like an interesting move -- a young up-and-coming front office guy. I'm intrigued. It's easy to bash Chicago for picking up Arch, but they traded a 6 for him, which is a completely reasonable risk.

I'm still wary of JLC's league sources, but one likes to think that if it made print, those sources were more thoroughly vetted than the opinionated garbage that sometimes winds up on his blog. I miss JLC's hockey work, which was first rank. His football work is often just rank, but I do think this is a legit story and reflects well on the organization.

-- a little reshuffling of the front office post-Gibbs was necessary.

This is breaking news, not a doctoral thesis. On behalf of JLC, I sincerely apologize that he didn't dissect every aspect of Brown's contributions in Chicago, Washington, and Indianapolis. You guys just make yourselves look stupid bashing every single thing JLC writes. You guys want some breaking news? Here's the insider info I've gleaned from reading these posts on a certain website:

The JLC-Hater Playbook:

Play 1: Does the article show any hint of casting the Redskins in an unfavorable light? If so, ***** at JLC for this reason.

Play 2: If there isn't enough Redskin "bashing", then ***** because there isn't enough insider information.

Play 3: Okay...it's getting kind of desperate now. The article isn't anti-Redskins. It has inside info. Okay, I got it! There isn't ENOUGH inside information. Nice.

Play 4: ****...there's a decent amount of inside info. Ahh...time to discredit his sources. JLC probably gets all his info from the cleaning lady, yada yada yada...

It's really old at this point.

As to the actual content of the blog, I'm excited about this hiring. Chicago has done a fairly good job at gathering talent to their organization for the past 6 or 7 years (although most of it has come through the draft - Urlacher, Briggs, Harris, Hester, etc.). Hopefully this guy can bring that same success to Washington.

And to those who said that Archuleta was a bad pickup for the Bears: with the information available to Chicago's front office at that point in time, trading a 6th rounder for Archuleta was actually a pretty good deal. He had been successful with Smith before, and his ridiculous signing bonus would be a nonfactor. It was worth giving it a shot.

Hey, come on. Lighten up on ES. Jasno was printing news (and admittedly sometimes filler) that wasn't 110% Redskins cheerleading so he deserves the bashing. After all, that's what Skins "news" is about right? Printing only information that has been properly vetted by Snyderatto and Co. and appropriately tinted B & G.

This looks like a good move. I'm sure that along with his prior work with us, having Bobby DePaul to vouch for him was probably huge. And while I disagreed with the way they fired Riddick, I'd be the last person to say that the Skins F.O. needed more status quo.

Welcome Morocco! :applause:

All I know is Chicago has a HELL of a D line.

If Moracco had anything to do with that, hopefully he can replicate that success here.

I mean at the very least we got the guy to call Tommy Harris at the end of the season.

Hello, tommy, this is Moracco...I am rich now...do you want to be rich?

Zoony in fariness to JLC, he prefaced the piece with this:

"(This is gonna read like a print edition news story, cuz, well, it is. Pressed for time to get this in the first edition of the paper. Will blog more on it Tues and Wed, but I hear nothing but good things about Morocco Brown, and this could be someone groomed for even bigger things down the road. Okay, here's the story)"

So let's see if he's got more in his blog when he's not so pressed for time...

I was about to say the same thing. It was just a quick info piece and therefore he hasn't had time to figure out how to spin it negatively. I'm sure right now he is kicking himself for throwing "I hear nothing but good things about Morocco Brown" out there.

Archived