Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RedSkins Need a GM - 'I Apologize....' Merged)

RedSunday

Look I'm sorry this is a retread but I sit back and look at what other teams have done and how long of a dry spell it's been for us and think a real GM would make all the difference.The Giants are the best example look at what their rookie draft class did for them last year on a limited basis.Dan means well and well Vinny's a fool he's messed up everything he has touched with us,...sorry about the rant.

Hindsight's 20/20... So we'll see after this year if Vinny did his job or not.

It's not hindsight,it's fact Vinny is the major problem here.Coachs have come and gone players have done the same put Vinney is still here whispering into Dan's ear.

I dont think hes done too well either. I mean he has not had too much sense of direction. He was trading away all of the picks and building through free agency, look what that did for us. Now we try to keep our picks and he still doesnt address one of our biggest need in dline.

I have the feeling we have another troll, where is the exterminator? So far in your short time you have called ST a "pain in the ass" and a "thug", you also told members "Sean Taylor is dead....FACT! Now move on".

Now this attack on Vinny when the rest of the board seems ready to see what he can do with the new position, and I would say most are pretty happy so far.

Not sure why, but the only positive quote I could find of yours was in regards to the Giants potentially signing Wynn. :whoknows:

Too bad the OP missed TK's thread a few days ago.

Vinny is the GM, though he doesn't have the official title, he has the same responsibilities. So far, we've retained all 22 starters from a playoff team, kept a lot of our depth that helped push us into the playoffs, and we've had a draft that most experts are praising us for.

You can feel sorry if this is a retread, which it is, but that doesn't excuse you from any repurcussions. This subject has been discussed at length before, and the only valid reasons for dredging it back up is if you have a new take, or a fresh insight on the subject. This thread lacks both.

It's not hindsight,it's fact Vinny is the major problem here.Coachs have come and gone players have done the same put Vinney is still here whispering into Dan's ear.
Why post what has been posted about a million times on here?? Everyone wants a GM, deet dee dee!

I believe this is the first year that Vinnie has had full control. I also believe he directed a masterful draft given that OL and DL were not a value for us even after trading down. When these young WR's (& TE) come into their own and we have a powerful passing and red zone offense, people will change their tune about Vinnie. I love what he did in the draft and truly believe he is a top-flite executive.

That being said, having satisfied our need for pass catchers this year, I hope OL and DL will be our focus next year if we can get value. After what Vinnie said recently, I think that's just the way he will prioritize things.

I have the feeling we have another troll, where is the exterminator? So far in your short time you have called ST a "pain in the ass" and a "thug", you also told members "Sean Taylor is dead....FACT! Now move on".

Now this attack on Vinny when the rest of the board seems ready to see what he can do with the new position, and I would say most are pretty happy so far.

Not sure why, but the only positive quote I could find of yours was in regards to the Giants potentially signing Wynn. :whoknows:

Thank you for shedding some light on this guy... :cheers:

At this point of the offseason I'd say that we don't need a GM that's a decision to be made by Snyder @ the beginning of the regular season or beginning of the offseason. I would not be hiring and firing GM's in the middle of the offseason let alone in the midst of a playoff run. Of course there may be a reason I'm not the GM for the Skins! :)

Too bad the OP missed TK's thread a few days ago.

Vinny is the GM, though he doesn't have the official title, he has the same responsibilities. So far, we've retained all 22 starters from a playoff team, kept a lot of our depth that helped push us into the playoffs, and we've had a draft that most experts are praising us for.

You can feel sorry if this is a retread, which it is, but that doesn't excuse you from any repurcussions. This subject has been discussed at length before, and the only valid reasons for dredging it back up is if you have a new take, or a fresh insight on the subject. This thread lacks both.

But.. but.. Vinny didn't build Rome in a day. Therefore he needs to go!!!!!1

Vinny is, and for all intents and purposes, has been our GM. What he lacked until this year was the responsibility of being the GM. It was always "draft by committee" and you could lay the blame or the praise on any one guy. This year is different. Although his title is not GM, his job description is.

Since 1999, our FO (who generically is blamed for our draft picks, or our lack of them) has generally stunk up the joint, with a few great picks or trades (ST, Landry, Cooley, Fletcher) a few that the book is still out on (McIntosh, Campbell) and a few trades that left most of the football world with a quizzical look on their faces (Deion, Duckett, Archuleta, Lloyd). Still, the abject failures could never be pinned on one individual although both Vinny and Dan were in the usual group of suspects.

Now, all eyes are on Vinny. Occasionally you hear about something stupid that almost happened (the Ocho Cinquo or the Briggs trades) and you again wonder who's running this asylum. However, Vinny is now our de facto GM, whether that's his title or not, and the future of the Skins will be his, for blame or praise.

If we get to the SB, I'll try to forget the stupid moves of the past or pass them off on the owner. My hindisght is 20-20, just like everyone else's. But for the first time in a long time, I like not only our first pick, but several of the guys after. It doesn't bother me to give Vinny the credit if it works out well.

The nice thing is now Vinny is front and center, and if things go bad again whoever the next coach is would demand that Vinny be gone. What really needs to happen though is for Snyder to finally realize he doesn't know more about pro football than a real football executive does, and just get out of the way and let people do their jobs.

I believe this is the first year that Vinnie has had full control. I also believe he directed a masterful draft given that OL and DL were not a value for us even after trading down. When these young WR's (& TE) come into their own and we have a powerful passing and red zone offense, people will change their tune about Vinnie. I love what he did in the draft and truly believe he is a top-flite executive.

That being said, having satisfied our need for pass catchers this year, I hope OL and DL will be our focus next year if we can get value. After what Vinnie said recently, I think that's just the way he will prioritize things.

I agree. Let's see what he's able to do now that he's got full control. As I always like to say, we might be pleasantly surprised.:)

As for the troll...I mean OP, where'd he go?

We're on the right track, didn't make any dumb FA signings, had a solid draft that catered to the offensive side of the ball (the side that needs the most work) and re-signed all of our starters from last year, you can't ask much more than that.

Archived