Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RedSkins Need a GM - 'I Apologize....' Merged)

RedSunday

Phailed? Is that like Phat? Yanno, spell it with a "ph" instead of an "f" and it automatically becomes a compliment?

That would work.

Maybe 'phail3d' would have been more obvious but the extra change makes the sentence a reread IMO hence 'phailed' was used.

Of course it could have been a spelling mistake but as the post was an obviously sarcastic one I'm happy to give benefit of the doubt at this stage...

As for the OP not much to say there except that this board is entirely too happy for Vinny to be doing anything other than a perceived good job. This board keeps Vinny on the tightest of leashes. If he needed to go the front page would only contain threads saying such. These days there's more stuff praising him than bashing him :yikes:.

The bandwagon is rolling :laugh:

I have the feeling we have another troll, where is the exterminator? So far in your short time you have called ST a "pain in the ass" and a "thug", you also told members "Sean Taylor is dead....FACT! Now move on".

Now this attack on Vinny when the rest of the board seems ready to see what he can do with the new position, and I would say most are pretty happy so far.

Not sure why, but the only positive quote I could find of yours was in regards to the Giants potentially signing Wynn. :whoknows:

Speaking of trolls,you seem to be obsessed with my posting and if there not up to snuff I get accused ...of what ...tell me.You don't like my opinions...tuff.I'm an older fan than you I've seen more than you will forget.The Skins are my team put I sure as hell don't like everything the've done or are doing.As I'm new to this site I was hoping for a decent conversation about my team from posters I thought knew somethings, as I stated I apologize if it had been brought up before. I think you and some other youngsters need to read this again and to the others I'm sorry for the rant and I'm done.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?f=24

...read #5

Obviously the Redskins need some seperation from the meddlings of their owner, and his mini-me Jerry Jones mind set.

Maybe this is happening right now with Vinny, maybe not.

But given the history of the Snyder ownership, an element of mistrust in the fans is hardly unreasonable.

Speaking of trolls,you seem to be obsessed with my posting and if there not up to snuff I get accused ...of what ...tell me.You don't like my opinions...tuff.I'm an older fan than you I've seen more than you will forget.The Skins are my team put I sure as hell don't like everything the've done or are doing.As I'm new to this site I was hoping for a decent conversation about my team from posters I thought knew somethings, as I stated I apologize if it had been brought up before. I think you and some other youngsters need to read this again and to the others I'm sorry for the rant and I'm done.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?f=24

...read #5

You ask what the problem is...let's examine. First, the reason you're getting bashed is because:

A. Your point been brought up repeatedly for the last, oh, decade.

B. The Skins finally seem to have seen the light and have drafted what seems is going to be a very good (if not great) rookie class this year. Vinny just got this promotion, and with this draft shown that he MAY know what he's doing.

C. So, to join the board (after this draft I'll add) and start jumping up and down on Vinny's head for past decisions (some that weren't totally under his control, re: Archuleta - a GW decision), about free agent busts, trading away picks, etc., ESPECIALLY when now it seems he's making the proper, smart, growth building moves, makes you seem like a troll.

Secondly,

You join this board just this month and you start quoting rules to other posters as if you were a MOD. And crying because someone vehemnetly disagreed with your post. You either need to get a backbone, or are a child, or are a troll. Why don't you try defending your original post more strongly instead of crying about how mean we all are.

BTW, you should also know that the MODs have tolerance for posters calling a spade, a spade. So if you make more posts that seems to be extremely foolish or the commentary of a troll by a majority of other posters - expect to be called out on them.

Vinny is the man. He's gotten us some pretty good players and definetely built a nice draft. The problem was Gibbs. Gibbs would've rathered James Thrash then Plaxico Burress (example) because his character was better. In the NFL #1 is not character, it's skill. There's a fine line between character on a team and lloyd was an example as well as TO on how far your willing to go. Don't blame Vinny for Archuletta either. This was suspose to be 'GW's man'. I'm glad both Gibbs and GW are gone. Maybe we can play aggressive for once.....you know.....along with teams like the SB champions (Giants), and Patriots, and the list goes on.

I was on the Skins need a GM Bandwagon until this past draft. Also, if you look at the the 2007 and 2006 draft we did get some late round steals. Blades, Golston, Montgomery. Although I feel most of these picks are coming off the research of Scott Campbell, he is reporting directly to Vinny.

This was Vinny's first draft as the GM. As long as Scott Campbell reports directly to Cerrato then we should be fine. If Campbell leaves, then we do need a real GM.

I believe this is the first year that Vinnie has had full control.

yes sir it is, when gibbs was still on board

there was too many hands in the pot

but now vinny is the sole person to blame/praise

vinny wasn't the only GM to draft based on value

there have been many GMs that said drafting based on need has shown in history that it was not successful

:read::read::read::read:

Vinny actually has a reputation of being a good eye for college talent.

The problem is, in the past, owners wishes (B Smith, D Sanders of old) and coaches wishes (Randel-el, Archuletta) have prevailed.

I'm hoping that has changed, but I really don't know if it has.

You don't like my opinions...tuff.I'm an older fan than you I've seen more than you will forget.5

Is that some old saying that us youngsters aren't supposed to understand? Because I forget LOTS of stuff. OF course I haven't forgotten the million threads on this subject, which apparently you haven't seen.

Calling out people isn't a great way to make friends on this board, especially if you're new.

I wish there were a rule where you had to accumulate a certain number of posts before starting a new thread, and then if you start a real redundant thread, having been posting and reading through current threads, you get either NNT or banned, no questions asked. It would save many a posters and readers on this board who do think they can add their thoughts by starting their own threads, by keeping them from making this mistake before it's too late.

You don't like my opinions...tuff.I'm an older fan than you I've seen more than you will forget.

Whoop-de-doo. To bad age isn't an indicator of intelligence.

As I'm new to this site I was hoping for a decent conversation about my team from posters I thought knew somethings, as I stated I apologize if it had been brought up before.http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?f=24

...read #5

To bad when you read the Rules, you didn't make it to #7.

Archived