Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RedSkins Need a GM - 'I Apologize....' Merged)

RedSunday

It's not hindsight,it's fact Vinny is the major problem here.Coachs have come and gone players have done the same put Vinney is still here whispering into Dan's ear.

Snyder is the major problem here--he puts faith in Vinny for emotional reasons rather than using logic, and is unwilling to cede too much power to anyone. The trite but frighteningly accurate Napoleon metaphor is once again apt.

That having been said, this is the 1st time you can say he is unequivocally calling the shots. If our picks pan out this year, and he drafts DL/OL and a CB next year, we could be really good. Big ifs. . .

You won't find a person more critical of the Redskins' goat rodeo than me, but Cerrato deserves his chance to have the buck stop with him, rather than being blamed for many behind the scenes machinations we may not know about/decisions he may not have agreed with. Let his draft class at least play a season before scuttling the guy.

But if we don't draft 3-5 linemen next year. . .well. . .we all know Cerrato will have a job no matter how bad the Skins are. The only way Cerrato is going is if a coach like Cowher gets total control.

Logic tells me the only thing that would get rid of Cerrato, and stop Snyder's meddling, is Zorn sucking, and Cowher coming in. But I want Zorn to succeed, and the Skins to do well. All you can do is hope these picks pan out, and we restock the lines next year in the draft.

You mean no other team would want Vinny?

After Marty let him go he worked for ESPN, maybe we should try Chris Berman?

Though we have no way of knowing certainly, it is very doubtful that any other team in the NFL would give Vinny a parallel position--whatever the official title, he is the de facto GM.

Archived